Where are the real men??

yej

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 04:16 pm
Day by day women are searching fro the "one". But our searches are constanlty ending with disapointment. WHAT IS THE REAL PROBLEM?

maxdancona

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 04:27 pm
@yej,
I am right here.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 04:43 pm
Maybe you could stop searching and a real man will just walk by one day and you will think: There he goes. What would you do, then?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 04:44 pm
@yej,
I think the problem is that they're searching for "unreal" men -- some fictional prince charming who will make all their dreams come true.

maxdancona

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 04:51 pm
@boomerang,
Quote:
I think the problem is that they're searching for "unreal" men

True boomerang.

The real men are with real women (or with other real men). If you want a real man, you should try being real yourself.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 09:36 pm
@yej,
yej wrote:

Day by day women are searching fro the "one". But our searches are constanlty ending with disapointment. WHAT IS THE REAL PROBLEM?
Sorry lady... Too many boys are raised by women who can only teach them to be boys... I think men learn to be men, fully mature, willing to commit and able to follow through on their commitments by seeing the same in action in their own lives and families... Relating is hard, some times impossible and only the willingness to hang in there, and make it work, to give what it takes, to make the sacrifice of self that it often takes to be good parents is ever going to teach a son, or daughter, for that matter what is required in relationships... Every single relationship on the planet demands a sacrifice, if not of self, then something of value to ones self... How does it teach a child to stick if everyone splits... If a child never has to give an inch for his relationship how is he going to learn to give a mile???

Divorce is preferable to murder, but only slightly... It causes a lot of damage, and really, only royalty can afford it... It is for the rich who only care to care about their business or money... It is a luxury the poor cannot afford... It is a banquet that has made many a begger... And true enough, there are many who will beg for love, and sincerely believe they deserve it; but they have no follow through on their swing... Getting there takes all they got, and then they are all done..

So good luck... We all need it... And no one is good enough at relationships; and I consider myself a failure as well... We live to learn, and learn to live...
BillW

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 09:43 pm
My guess is you are looking in all the wrong places and then when you get there, you pick the wrong man of the unreal variety.
Fido

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 09:53 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

My guess is you are looking in all the wrong places and then when you get there, you pick the wrong man of the unreal variety.
I used to wear a lot of gold, and now I only where a wedding band... Because of my blondish wavy locks, one of the local clowns said I looked like Gorgious George with a Mister T starter set... I had many people ask: Is that gold real??? Is there any other kind... Everything is real... Everybody is real... Only men are men, and understanding that we come in all shades, still to be a man requires perseverance and honor and courage and strength, moral if not physical, but always moral, at a minimum.... So, technically, this definition does not exclude women; but honestly, a woman can be a man, but a male can only pretend to be a woman... It is simply a more difficult position to be born into... Everyone, Women included, expect more from women, and women usually deliver on the expectation... The world walks in womens shoes,and usually some excuse for a man rides on her back...
wayne

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 09:54 pm
There is no I in team.
Fido

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 09:57 pm
@wayne,
wayne wrote:

There is no I in team.
Not in relationships either, except for the spelling... Does that count???
BillW

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 10:00 pm
@Fido,
But the cape dude, he cape Wink Without knowing what she considers to an "real vs unreal man" I wouldn't know why her searches are really failures. I do not question you being real, you say so I believe it. Smile

I saw Gorgeous George once in Memphis - about 1958-59.

http://www.booknoise.net/gorgeous/src/GG-opens-robe.jpg
wayne

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 10:00 pm
@Fido,
i couldn't make it work, so i went with team.Smile
tenderfoot

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 10:19 pm
I'm a old bastard.... My first wife walked out on me taking my daughter and leaving my son, never found out the reason why other than she left with my partner in a boat building business and most of the money. I then ended up with a woman with two sons neither of us really had any love? For each other but managed to live together for 4 years, very conveniently without getting married, then my father died .. days before he died he said to me " marry that girl " so I did.
Now, 48 years later with 3 sons and 7 grandchildren, I can say to you " my wife trained me well" so without her training, it never would of happened. So go out and get some guy willing to learn and train him.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2011 06:09 am
@Fido,
Quote:
Relating is hard, some times impossible and only the willingness to hang in there, and make it work, to give what it takes, to make the sacrifice of self

This is contradictory Fido. The word "real" means not artificial, fake or illusory.

The term "real man", if it has any meaning, would mean man in his natural state. This should be the way that men really are without outside influence or extensive training.

Being real is easy, I just do what comes naturally to me without effort. What is difficult is doing things that are not natural. If you have to force yourself to do something that you find almost impossible, you aren't being "real".

Also, The idea that killing a woman is only slightly worse then leaving her to be a little bit troubling. I hope you are not serious.

Fido

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2011 07:02 am
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

But the cape dude, he cape Wink Without knowing what she considers to an "real vs unreal man" I wouldn't know why her searches are really failures. I do not question you being real, you say so I believe it. Smile

I saw Gorgeous George once in Memphis - about 1958-59.

http://www.booknoise.net/gorgeous/src/GG-opens-robe.jpg
I read that he was a real wrestler, and a psychiatrist... I saw him trying to act in a movie once... Definitly a B... Played himself, but certainly an American Original... He took on that persona deliberatly knowing it would draw the hatred and fear of homosexuality onto himself, but force people to acknowledge their feelings, and deal with them... As far as I know, he was not gay... In other respects I do not resemble him... Strong build, and bulging muscles, wavy hair in my prime, but a smaller pug broken nose from too many differences of opinion... My arms are long, and my legs are short... Now I look like a potatoe standing on toothpicks; but in my day, I was thee bull...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2011 07:03 am
@wayne,
wayne wrote:

i couldn't make it work, so i went with team.Smile
Alright... There are a couple of I's in relationship, but they're small...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2011 07:08 am
@tenderfoot,
tenderfoot wrote:

I'm a old bastard.... My first wife walked out on me taking my daughter and leaving my son, never found out the reason why other than she left with my partner in a boat building business and most of the money. I then ended up with a woman with two sons neither of us really had any love? For each other but managed to live together for 4 years, very conveniently without getting married, then my father died .. days before he died he said to me " marry that girl " so I did.
Now, 48 years later with 3 sons and 7 grandchildren, I can say to you " my wife trained me well" so without her training, it never would of happened. So go out and get some guy willing to learn and train him.

This is a good post, and the fact is that too few people can make a deal... It is a good subject to read up on, and it will serve one through life, but ultimately, if people think they are going to get something for nothing they usually get nothing for something... Without the honor to make a pledge, and hold to it, no deal is possible..
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2011 07:13 am
@tenderfoot,
I watched as the couple was given that big check for 131 million dollars (HAlf of the 300 million prize). THey were answering any questions about their methods of betting . Then , as they closed the ceremonies, the guy handed the check to his wife. I giess he fits yer description.
Fido

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2011 07:30 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:
Relating is hard, some times impossible and only the willingness to hang in there, and make it work, to give what it takes, to make the sacrifice of self

This is contradictory Fido. The word "real" means not artificial, fake or illusory.

The term "real man", if it has any meaning, would mean man in his natural state. This should be the way that men really are without outside influence or extensive training.

Being real is easy, I just do what comes naturally to me without effort. What is difficult is doing things that are not natural. If you have to force yourself to do something that you find almost impossible, you aren't being "real".

Also, The idea that killing a woman is only slightly worse then leaving her to be a little bit troubling. I hope you are not serious.

There is no such thing as a man in his natural state... The natural state for a man is with a woman... And I say that fully aware of the meaning of natural, and coming from naval, and natal, meaning our mothers, and our umbilical attachments to mother, and through her to all of society... Children are all selfish dirty animals who need to learn just about every facet of social living...
It is not usually something a child can learn from a single parent...

As far as its effect on children, and the psychological effect on people, clearly, some people kill their children, and some kill their mates rather than face life alone, and it may be that they are insane, but having been through divorce and raising children at a distance, I can say that death must be preferable...

I am not recommending murder or divorce... I am not saying there is not a great moral distance between the two... The next thing to New York is LA, compared to Paris... What is divorce comparable to??? Misery together because people cannot accept, or cannot make a deal is not better than divorce, but it is also not better than learning to relate, learning to give all it takes, and learning to make and keep deals whether they turn to **** or not...

Look.. People go to bed with people... They have sex together, eat each other's food, smell each others farts... No one marries a picture out of a magazine... Yes, people often conceal their worst flaws until they are married... Some times they are complete frauds... Most people have some idea of what they are getting into and if then, they do not want to accept, and give what it takes they are at fault... At that point the worst part of getting to know each other is over...

What causes people to look away??? It is not the beauty they see elsewhere; but the ugliness they see within that is often made obvious to them in their relationship... I am a baboon, and I act like a baboon... I look like a gorilla if I wear a suit, like a gorilla in a suit... I see a lot of serious **** as nearly hysterically funny, and often make inappropriate jokes or let words slip I would as soon recapture... I can't dance, and worse, I love to dance... Without the help of my wife, you see, I might conceive of myself as Superman, or Romeo... And if an inflated self conception were some how essential to my well being, I might be offended by her opinion... INstead, now we both know what sort of fool feels foolish for her.... At least she has the love of a real man, even if his resemblance to a chimp is unmistakable....
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2011 07:34 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I watched as the couple was given that big check for 131 million dollars (HAlf of the 300 million prize). THey were answering any questions about their methods of betting . Then , as they closed the ceremonies, the guy handed the check to his wife. I giess he fits yer description.
My father never signed his checks, and I never signed mine... No one ever gets half way married... Everything I have is my wife's, and every thing I am down to the dust I am made of... I love her... Who has time for pretence... I am too busy living my life to question my circumstances...
0 Replies