House of Reps. member Giffords shot in Arizona today

BillRM

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 03:02 pm
@JTT,
I feel deep shame for my country that we did not aid the Cuban people and allow the USSR to created a prison state off our coast that exist to this day.

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 03:10 pm
@BillRM,
Yea, Cuba is only 90 miles from Key West.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 06:26 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
I feel deep shame for my country that we did not aid the Cuban people
and allow the USSR to created a prison state off our coast that exist to this day.
I must AGREE, Bill.
That was just horrible; indecent.

I console myself that we got a lunar landing as a consolation prize.

Kennedy wanted to divert attention from his knife-in-the-back treachery
against the brave Cuban Freedom Fighters,
so he announced the Lunar Landing Program.

David
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 09:09 pm
@RABEL222,
When the Mafia controlled CUba, gambling, prostitutes and cigars made it a popular vacation spot for Americans.
plainoldme

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 09:11 pm
@BillRM,
Now that you said where you were born, david will ask you a million times whether the weather is too cold to raise chickens there.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 09:20 pm
@plainoldme,
Multiple be the chuckles.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 11:04 pm
@plainoldme,
Very true. The common Cuban citizen was nothing more than a slave, not much different than it is now.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 11:32 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
Very true. The common Cuban citizen was nothing more than a slave,
not much different than it is now.
That 's a travesty.
U trivialize slavery.
plainoldme

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 06:00 am
@RABEL222,
Cuba of the 50s was sleazier than the Cuba of today.
revelette

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 06:37 am
Guess I would have to go back several pages to find out what Cuba has to do with Giffords getting shot.

Speaking of Giffords:

Washington Congressman Adam Smith is one of the members of Congress who has been raising re-election money for Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and maintaining contacts while she recuperates from the January shooting in Tucson.

Quote:
Washington Congressman Adam Smith is one of the members of Congress who has been raising re-election money for Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and maintaining contacts while she recuperates from the January shooting in Tucson.

The News Tribune reports Smith concluded a two-day visit to Arizona Wednesday, touring military installations. Next week he'll go to the Giffords' hospital in Houston to give her an update.

Smith says he's not certain Giffords will return to Capitol Hill, but he keeps in contact with her staff and tries to look after her interests in Congress.

And

Giffords hopes to attend husband’s shuttle launch
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 09:08 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
Cuba of the 50s was sleazier than the Cuba of today.
Maybe Prof. Plain believes that communist slavery is not sleazy.

David
RABEL222

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 10:25 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Slavery is when some SOB forces one to work for just enough food to stay alive while they get rich. We have that here in the U.S. but they call it commerical endavor. Now post the dictionary description of slavery so you can show what a dick you are.
BillRM

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 10:55 am
@RABEL222,
It is a damn shame we can not place you in a real slave society for a few years.

In Cuba for example you can not travel freely outside your country just to start with.

If you express any opinion that government does not care for you are jail for decades.

You work where and when the government wish you to work.

No internet access of course.

In other work it is a slave island so cut the damn silliness that the US is not heaven on earth compare to such a situation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JTT

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 12:00 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Maybe Prof. Plain believes that communist slavery is not sleazy.

The delusion comes from the propaganda. Wake up, Om, before you piss in your LazyBoy yet again. The people of Cuba are far better off than they were under the brutal dictatorship sponsored by the USA.

This same thing has happened so many times, to so many people in so many countries that it is truly astonishing that there can be people as ignorant as you, Om, but your posts do reveal ignorance, on many a topic.

If the US hadn't been committing all these terrorist acts against Cuba for over sixty years, hadn't been threatening the existence of the nation of Cuba, had been acting as a responsible world country instead of a bunch of gangsters, hadn't been threatening other countries that do and want to do business with Cuba, as normal civilized countries do, who knows what further heights Cuba could have reached.

Cuba helps other countries, not to get an in for Cuban businesses, like the US does but simply because it is what good world citizens do.

BillRM

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 12:27 pm
@JTT,
It is not strange that I know Cubans, some for thirty years, that would laugh in your face over how must better it was once Castro came to power.

Oh I even know one gentleman who spend over fifteen years in a prison cell for the crime of coming out in public against this wonderful government.

JTT it is very hard to sell your bullshit to anyone living in South Florida.

Cuba is an island prison and little else.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 12:34 pm
@BillRM,
Bill, I remember a time after Castro took over that Cubans tried to come to the US in very dangerous conditions; many drowned - including children. If Cuba was such a wonderful country, I doubt those many people would have attempted that dangerous trip. The US Coast Guard has been successful in stopping those immigration to the US.
JTT

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 12:40 pm
@BillRM,
Thank you for that little bit of propaganda, you delightful little piece of amoral depravity.

Has it crossed your simple little mind that besides Batista, there were all manner of scum, sucking American dicks just for the scraps the kindly Americans would throw their way?

The pattern is way too prevalent for you to wave away with your little fantasies. It's been repeated in virtually every Latin and South American country at one time or another; the US pillaging a country's wealth while a US dictator brutalized and murdered large segments of the population and sometimes American citizens, CIA scum, would partake in the rape, torture and murder, you know, just to keep in practice.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 12:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
There are many who will side with the gangster, work for the gangster, work within the realm of the gangster because of the benefits that accrue.

The crucial point is, CI, that the US helped to create a bad economic situation in Cuba. It's hardly the first time. It is, in fact, one of the guiding principles of American foreign policy.
BillRM

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 12:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
As I said I had known Cubans who has manage to leave that hellhole thirty plus years ago and I just met one gentleman who is only a few months into freedom.

It is real real hard to sell nonsense that Castro and his group is anything but slave masters for a whole nation for anyone living in south florida.

JFK should had landed some marines behind the Cuban landing force and free that island or at the very least gave the air and naval support that had been promise to them.
BillRM

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 12:58 pm
@JTT,
So the bad economic times justify a government that lock up a man into a cell for 15 years for speaking out?

Ruin his health to the point that his wife who stood by him for all those years need to take care of him now.

Bad economic times justify placing all kind of a barricades to leaving where people had to turn cars and trucks into boats to try to get across the Florida strait at great risk to their lives.

It is a prison island where people had risk and some had lost their lives to leave.