BREAKING NEWS! Senate Votes to Repeal Don't Ask, Don't Tell Bill 63 - 33!

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 12:31 pm
@dyslexia,
Should we start a Sillycratic Party?
Ceili

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 02:55 pm
I asked my stepson about this, he's in the Canadian navy. He laughed. We've never had this policy and it's never been an issue.
dyslexia

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 02:59 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Should we start a Sillycratic Party?
well yes, of course we should and call it "poopity-heads"
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 03:31 pm
http://www.rufkm.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/obama_unicorn_rainbow-247x300.jpg
Mission Accomplished !!
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 05:34 pm
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:

I asked my stepson about this, he's in the Canadian navy. He laughed. We've never had this policy and it's never been an issue.

I don't think "never" is quite correct. At any rate the Canadian Navy doesn't operate the same way, with the same large ships, and in the same distant oceans as does the U.S. Navy.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 05:38 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Ceili wrote:

I don't think "never" is quite correct. At any rate the Canadian Navy doesn't operate the same way, with the same large ships, and in the same distant oceans as does the U.S. Navy.

They actually use birch bark canoes and ships of the same class as the African Queen.
djjd62

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 05:43 pm
@edgarblythe,
hey that's classified
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 05:52 pm
@djjd62,
That's from edgarleaks.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 07:16 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Ceili wrote:

Well, um, ok... The gulf of aden, hong kong, japan, england... yup, those are definitely next door. And closer quarters are what? just cozier? And that's just the navy, perhaps you could also tell us how our Airforce and army never goes anywhere either.
George... sometimes you come up with doozies, stupid ideas, unprovable bellyaching... to what prove what again?
Canada never had a stupid policy of "Don't ask, don't tell".. In 1992 they were allowed to openly serve and to my knowledge it's never been a problem. Maybe you could make up a story to 'prove' your point.
georgeob1

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 07:26 pm
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:
...".. In 1992 they were allowed to openly serve and to my knowledge it's never been a problem. Maybe you could make up a story to 'prove' your point.
That was my point with respect to "never".

You know I have never termed anything about your country as "stupid" or evil. You don't appear so inhibited.

What in your view was stupid about DADT ? It was certainly opposed by homosexual advocacy groups that want unqualified acceptance as a political issue - something that is indeed opposed by many here and, more to the point, by most folks in the services. It was an effective compromise that met the essential goals of both sides for a long time.

Is the Alberta winter getting you down?
Ceili

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 07:39 pm
@georgeob1,
I wasn't calling your country stupid or evil. Having problems reading again are you... I think you need glasses or a stronger prescription - you figure out if that might include meds...
georgeob1

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 08:05 pm
@Ceili,
Not much of a put down - you'll have to do better.

Perhaps it is just so dull up there that you divert yourself with our affairs
Ceili

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 08:14 pm
@georgeob1,
It wasn't meant to be a putdown, but an answer to an obvious cry for help.
georgeob1

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 08:18 pm
@Ceili,
Laughing Well, that's better.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 08:46 pm
@Ceili,
The Canadian navy has ships?

I guess you really do learn something new every day.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 08:51 pm
Keeping the promise: Lt. Dan Choi and Harry Reid

I wish everyone would watch this.

Cycloptichorn
JTT

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 12:21 am
@Ceili,
Quote:
George... sometimes you come up with doozies, stupid ideas, unprovable bellyaching... to what prove what again?

When did you become aware of Gob's MO, Ceili?
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2010 07:05 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Awesome find Cyclo!
R
T
0 Replies

Trevlead

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2010 06:49 pm

The Canadian Navy does have large ships including supply ships that can operate and go to any region of the world. Yes of course the U.S. has larger ship like aircraft carriers. Only a few countries operate carriers and NOBODY has ships a big as the U.S.

0 Replies