Olivier5

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 12:08 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Well, this is likely the only time I'll ever be on Donald Trump's side about anything. HuffPost has decided to relegate all future stories about his campaign to the entertainment section - unless this is an elaborate Huffpost joke...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/a-note-about-our-coverage-of-donald-trumps-campaign_55a8fc9ce4b0896514d0fd66?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000013&section=politics

If they are serious, I don't think they should even have the power to do this.

Why not? Their editorial line is theirs to choose.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 12:19 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

He claimed that a young intern in the campaign put them in thinking that they were American soldiers. What's so surprising about that?

What's surprising is the pathetic staff work. If he doesn't know the difference between marketing support staff and the kind of staff even Congress has, he has no business competing on the national stage. A competent staffer would have said, Boss, you're going to piss off anybody who has served or been in a POW camp, a smart Trump would have said wither "I didn't think of that, what do the rest of you think", a naive arrogant Trump wouldn't even entertain the notion he needs anybody to point out the pro's and con's, because he's not interested in advice and he's really not interested in the welfare of the American people.

I'm guessing he doesn't have any retired flag officers on his advisory staff, what a surprise. Im also guessing his time in Military Academy cold boarding school makes him think he is familiar with honest to God military vets. I think he was there for 5 years, isn't that the same amount of time McCain spent in the Hanoi Hilton being tortured?

I was talking about the plausibility of not noticing that the soldiers in the image were Nazis.
glitterbag

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 01:31 pm
@Brandon9000,
I know, it doesn't change my answer.
0 Replies

foundednotlost

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 04:01 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

I thought Trump was just parroting the conservative mantra.

Trump, to a degree, is parroting the conservative mantra. He might have stepped on some McCain's supporters by saying McCain is no war hero, but by and large, he has been saying exactly what many in the Republican Party are afraid to say.

General Colin Powell condemned the Republican Party for having a dark vein of intolerance and the party’s repeated use of racial code words to oppose President Obama and rally white conservative voters. Without mentioning names, Powell singled out former Mitt Romney surrogate and New Hampshire Gov. John Sununu for calling Obama “lazy” and Sarah Palin, who, Powell charged, used slavery-era terms ("shucking and jiving") to describe Obama.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 05:08 pm
@Brandon9000,
Well, that's you.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 05:12 pm
@edgarblythe,
I missed him so...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 05:43 pm
@foundednotlost,
Are you lecturing Thack?

Good grief.
foundednotlost

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 05:50 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Are you lecturing Thack?

Good grief.

I was telling him about me. How is that lecturing Thack45? BTW, why are you trying to blow this out of proportion? Why are you trying to create friction where none exist? I happen to like Thack's response to me and I like the poster. I wish I could say the same about you.
ossobuco

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 06:01 pm
@foundednotlost,
I was just wondering about the explanation by you.

Thack already knows internet courtesy.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 06:22 pm
@thack45,
I think he sounds like he is passing gas from his mouth.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 06:42 pm
@thack45,
That could be scary city.
0 Replies

timew

Mon 20 Jul, 2015 11:05 am
@edgarblythe,
Trump is right, the illegals are here doing the jobs that our bosses and journalists are too lazy to do!
edgarblythe

Mon 20 Jul, 2015 11:16 am
@timew,
I wondered who would believe such crap.
0 Replies

roger

Mon 20 Jul, 2015 11:21 am
@timew,
They are largely unskilled, uneducated, undocumented, and have big language problems. This is what you can't compete with? You have my sympathy.
ehBeth

Mon 20 Jul, 2015 11:42 am
@roger,
Even better, the illegals are doing his boss's job.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 20 Jul, 2015 11:46 am
@roger,
Quote:
They are largely unskilled, uneducated, undocumented, and have big language problems. This is what you can't compete with?

Is that why there is incentive to hire them for tax breaks? Have you heard about the H-1Bs'?
parados

Mon 20 Jul, 2015 12:54 pm
@coldjoint,
H1-B visas are going to people in the country illegally?

You keep not thinking, Pinkie. It's what you are so good at.
coldjoint

Mon 20 Jul, 2015 12:58 pm
@parados,
Quote:
H1-B visas are going to people in the country illegally?

Why do you ask? I never said that. C'mon, you can do better that.http://www.alien-earth.com/images/smileys/ic004.gif
parados

Mon 20 Jul, 2015 01:08 pm
@coldjoint,
Really? You specifically quoted a statement that talks about undocumented workers and then specifically referred to those undocumented workers with your H1-B visa statement.

Let me post your entire post and highlight the part you seem to have missed
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
They are largely unskilled, uneducated, undocumented, and have big language problems. This is what you can't compete with?

Is that why there is incentive to hire them for tax breaks? Have you heard about the H-1Bs'?

Just keep not thinking, Pinkie. It is what you are so good at.
coldjoint

Mon 20 Jul, 2015 01:11 pm
@parados,
Quote:
then specifically referred to those undocumented workers with your H1-B visa statement.

Wrong again, I simply asked if Roger knew about them. You know you are full of it.http://www.alien-earth.com/images/smileys/jesusvomit.jpg