RABEL222

Sat 18 Jul, 2015 10:26 pm
@glitterbag,
I thought Trump was just parrioting the conservative mantra.
roger

Sat 18 Jul, 2015 10:32 pm
@glitterbag,
Well, scratch the military and vets. The liberal sector wasn't even a fantasy, and I'm guessing whatever he had of the Latino vote went south a few weeks ago, so to speak. His best bet now is to write something like The Art of the Campaign. Never know what some people will buy.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 18 Jul, 2015 10:41 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Trumps arrogant contempt for the US military,

Look at Killarys arrogant contempt for the military.
roger

Sat 18 Jul, 2015 10:45 pm
@coldjoint,
Ain't planning to vote for her either.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 12:36 am
@RABEL222,
guys He's not parroting a conservative point of view, he's appealing to the tea baggers and even those guys wouldn't diss McCains POW experience. Ann Coulter ( an unhinged entertainer) dissed Max Mcclendon for not losing enough limbs in Vietnam (he came home with one). Trump didn't need to say anything about McCain, I think he's one of the few Republicans not declaring intention to run for POTUS. So his contempt of McCain was gratuitous, unnecessary and made him look like a glory hog Im seriously starting to wonder if he's lost his marbles. I thought it was just grand standing.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 01:24 am
Interestingly, at least up until now, a significant segment of the population identifies him as the candidate they would vote for.
thack45

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 05:37 am
@Brandon9000,
I do wonder what percent would be behind him if there were seven or eight less than the 17 republican candidates for 2016.
ossobuco

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 08:14 am
Never a Donald Trump fan, even I am surprised by this:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jul/14/donald-trump-nazi-soldiers-tweet-top-republican-polls

I noticed that link when reading this article:
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jul/15/earth-donald-trump-evolution-republican
I haven't finished the article yet, but it's interesting so far. Dowling is an American who lives in England.
Brandon9000

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 08:37 am
@ossobuco,
He claimed that a young intern in the campaign put them in thinking that they were American soldiers. What's so surprising about that?
ossobuco

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 09:19 am
@Brandon9000,
To start with, that a campaign graphic wouldn't have been reviewed if done by an intern.
edgarblythe

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 09:52 am
They got away with disrespecting Kerry's service, but I don't think so in McCain's case.
farmerman

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 10:10 am
@edgarblythe,
Jeb said this yesterday
"The difference between Sen John McCAin and Donald Trump, is that Trump SHOT HIMSELF DOWN"

I see that the GOP is quietly asking the Dunald to withdraw for th god of the party.

Trump's support must come from the 10 toothed crowd of " GOP Einsteins"

edgarblythe

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 10:14 am
@farmerman,
Trump's work is done. He lighted the way for the eventual nominee. Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 10:21 am
@farmerman,
The online comments section of a Richmond VA paper is jam-packed with support with for Trump's comments about McCain. A bit startling to realize that people really agree with him and his positions on this (let alone the long lists of things they post that they agree with Trump on).

Separately, trying to recall who tried a similar attack on McCain's service last time he ran. Was it Trump that time as well?
0 Replies

thack45

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 10:31 am
Some are always looking for reasons to be angry and afraid, and for someone promising to deliver them from it. Trump checks all the boxes, so I think these people are willing to hand him passes, because he is, "a breath of fresh air", and the like
Brandon9000

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 11:06 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
To start with, that a campaign graphic wouldn't have been reviewed if done by an intern.

If I were reviewing it and it looked like American soldiers, which it did, it certainly wouldn't have occurred to me to look super-closely to be sure they weren't Nazis.
ehBeth

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 11:12 am
@thack45,
Looking at it from a distance, the Republicans overall look like the party of fear while the Democrats overall look like a party of options.

It seems to align with the difference between the Old and New Testaments.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 11:13 am
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/8701_589573027740121_1318295268_n.jpg?oh=1c0fa14781d3183b15010427fbb3a9e7&oe=564CE358
foundednotlost

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 11:51 am
@thack45,
thack45 wrote:

Shh.. shh... there is no need to be upset. But I should mention that I'm not in the habit of concerning myself with who is ignoring who, so I'll just have to hope against hope for the honor of at least a slight grudging acceptance

All I've ever hoped for from any poster on any message board is mutual respect; I will respect those who disagree with me by showing civility. I don't ever wish to get into vituperative attacks. People like the poster in question I wish to avoid simply because there is no room in my reality for such an individual. Cold joint upsets my emotional balance; I cannot tolerate the poster.

Please, do not misunderstand me, I realize heated emotions may sometime enter the exchange between posters and this is a real fact of life. We will often step on the other one's toes, and sometimes even be petty and these are natural human emotions, but the posts from Cold joint crosses the line, permeating the dark side of our nature, in my personal opinion.

I will enjoy you as a poster as I do all the others whom I do not rub the wrong way.

Thank you.
glitterbag

Sun 19 Jul, 2015 11:58 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

He claimed that a young intern in the campaign put them in thinking that they were American soldiers. What's so surprising about that?

What's surprising is the pathetic staff work. If he doesn't know the difference between marketing support staff and the kind of staff even Congress has, he has no business competing on the national stage. A competent staffer would have said, Boss, you're going to piss off anybody who has served or been in a POW camp, a smart Trump would have said wither "I didn't think of that, what do the rest of you think", a naive arrogant Trump wouldn't even entertain the notion he needs anybody to point out the pro's and con's, because he's not interested in advice and he's really not interested in the welfare of the American people.

I'm guessing he doesn't have any retired flag officers on his advisory staff, what a surprise. Im also guessing his time in Military Academy cold boarding school makes him think he is familiar with honest to God military vets. I think he was there for 5 years, isn't that the same amount of time McCain spent in the Hanoi Hilton being tortured?