BillRM

Thu 26 Nov, 2015 02:43 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
that the idiot Obama said about two weeks ago that he did not understand this till he got into the chair and attempted to play the boss who gets to decide everything. The presidency has less power than he imagined

If memory serve me correctly both the "idiots" Truman and Eisenhower was equally surprise and that was with special force as far as General Eisenhower was concern.
hawkeye10

Thu 26 Nov, 2015 02:45 pm
@BillRM,
Trump knows. When he says " I am going to..." he is talking NY. He wins so often in business because he is intricately aware of and respectful of the rules of the game.
BillRM

Thu 26 Nov, 2015 03:25 pm
@hawkeye10,
He is a showman as well as a clown but as far as being president off hand I can not think of a worst person to hold that job.
0 Replies

Builder

Thu 26 Nov, 2015 03:50 pm
Rebublicans explain why they prefer Sanders.

facebook group here.

Scroll down to the Ronald Reagan video for a good reason why the R's are feeling the Bern.
ehBeth

Thu 26 Nov, 2015 04:00 pm
@Builder,
It would certainly be interesting if Sanders could win by way of Republican voters. I can't imagine enough of them being willing to do that, but it's amusing to consider.

Perhaps Sanders should have run as an independent. Maybe he could have sucked enough out of both parties to make a go of it.
Lash

Thu 26 Nov, 2015 04:20 pm
@BillRM,
I said Hillary supporters who crucify Trump for lying are hypocrites.
Builder

Thu 26 Nov, 2015 06:50 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Perhaps Sanders should have run as an independent.

Can an independent be the president? In Australia's federal gov't, the two major parties often have to cowtow to a handful of independent senators, to gain the majority, and "win" the right to govern. But an independent can't hope to be PM.
ossobuco

Thu 26 Nov, 2015 07:29 pm
@Lash,
I am an end of the line Hillary Clinton supporter, re the court, plus distaste for Republican candidates.
I'll crucify Trump verbally any day of any week.
I am not a hypocrite.

Lash

Thu 26 Nov, 2015 07:32 pm
@Builder,
As an Independent, he'd accomplish little more than spoil the Dem candidate. No one suspected he'd draw so many Indies and Republicans.
hawkeye10

Thu 26 Nov, 2015 07:34 pm
@Lash,
Trump (I) Sanders (I) Clinton (D) Cruz (R)

Now that would be fun.....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Thu 26 Nov, 2015 07:37 pm
@ossobuco,
Once, many years ago, a pal had a friend point to her chest, not a small chest, who said, nasty body. We all miss him. His chest drawings were starfish, about emphasis on something.

To me, it is still the perfect response. No, he didn't fiddle, that wasn't it.
0 Replies

Lash

Thu 26 Nov, 2015 07:38 pm
@ossobuco,
Congratulations.
Seems like you're attempting to challenge something I said, but you didn't.
ossobuco

Thu 26 Nov, 2015 07:45 pm
@Lash,
eh?
0 Replies

Lash

Thu 26 Nov, 2015 07:56 pm
@Builder,
There's this.
http://trofire.com/2015/11/26/conservatives-and-republicans-are-feeling-the-bern/
0 Replies

Lash

Thu 26 Nov, 2015 08:27 pm
@snood,
Occasional agreement is not synonymous with allying. The cronyism that permeates this place wrecks independent thought. Lately, it's devolved into an unattractive hooliganism. Allying definitely is a problem here, but I don't partake.
McGentrix

Thu 26 Nov, 2015 08:40 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Occasional agreement is not synonymous with allying. The cronyism that permeates this place wrecks independent thought. Lately, it's devolved into an unattractive hooliganism. Allying definitely is a problem here, but I don't partake.

You are kidding right? ANY agreement with the "enemy" automatically brands you as a sympathizer and you shall be hung from the proverbial gallows for such actions. There are them and us. You are either with them or you are with us. Sitting the fence is no place to hide on the internet. You need to be all or nothing 100% of the time.

[/satire]
hawkeye10

Fri 27 Nov, 2015 12:12 am
By Eugene Robinson

Quote:
Voters began to realize that they'd been had. The Republican leadership talked a good game at election time, but never delivered.

Is it any wonder, then, that 51 percent of Republican voters (according to the Real Clear Politics poll average) say they favor Trump, Carson or Carly Fiorina, none of whom has ever held public office? Or that another 11 percent support Ted Cruz, whose career in the Senate has consisted of vehemently opposing his own party's leadership as a bunch of weak-kneed quislings?

If you add it up, roughly six of 10 GOP voters tell pollsters they reject any candidate the Republican establishment likes. That amounts to a party in open revolt.

There are those in the Republican establishment who look at prior elections and predict the outsider candidates will eventually fade. There are those who believe the fear of terrorism, post-Paris, will lead voters to choose safety over adventure. Perhaps this is something other than whistling past the graveyard, but that's what it sounds like to me.

Are voters who have been on the raucous, anything-goes Trump bandwagon for months going to fall meekly in line behind someone like Bush or Marco Rubio? It gets harder and harder to imagine such a thing.

http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/3232786-155/robinson-the-gops-self-inflicted-wound

I see no reason to pick on the R's. What we are looking at is the failure of the Washington elite to get the work done as well as a failure to be honest with the people. Trump is going to get a lot of moderates, and even some D's who are sick of the charades the political class conduct.
Lash

Fri 27 Nov, 2015 06:46 am
@McGentrix,
The lack of self-awareness around that here is staggering.
0 Replies

BillRM

Fri 27 Nov, 2015 07:21 am
@hawkeye10,
The best solution for the Republican party dealing with it ever larger crazy right wing is for the more sane parts of the party folding itself into the democratic party and allowing the right wing to have the whole party.

As had been proven over and over of late you can not govern with such a crazy element in your party throwing bombs such as placing the full faith and credit of the US at risk every year or two in order to try to get their way or for that matter threatening to used their disproportionate power in the primaries to elect a clown such as Trump to run for president.
Lash

Fri 27 Nov, 2015 07:31 am
@BillRM,
I think this is underway.

Crazy Rs will be in a :hopefully: minority party; the progressive wing splits from establishment Ds - maybe they move to the I party or form a new party; thinking Rs strengthen the I party or the L.

Fascinating to watch and be a part of.
0 Replies