hawkeye10

Wed 21 Oct, 2015 01:44 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:
Donald Trump

Pretty much everyone who knows him says that he is very smart,

That's smart by your standards, which is pretty thick by anyone else's.

What are you working at, a second grade comprehension level? My standards are irrelevant in the observation, I am not the one making the judgment.
izzythepush

Wed 21 Oct, 2015 02:10 am
@hawkeye10,
No, another bunch of suck ups are making the judgement, and you're stupid enough to go along with it.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Wed 21 Oct, 2015 02:56 pm
Quote:
Adds an unaligned lobbyist familiar with Bush's gubernatorial runs: "Jeb learns but it takes him time. He internalized the lessons from losing to [Lawton] Chiles and was a much better candidate his second time out. He's patient and disciplined and smart but could not ad-lib a fart. He will think of how to win this race sometime in 2017 and be ready to rumble in 2020."

http://www.usnews.com/news/the-report/articles/2015/10/21/the-demise-of-jeb-bush

WOW, I would love to hear the Jeb Bush! 16 teams explanation for how it is conceivable that he can go toe to toe with Trump going down the stretch. Trump of course being the master of thinking fast and moving fast.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Thu 22 Oct, 2015 03:33 am
Quote:
Billionaire investor activist Carl Icahn tweeted on Wednesday that he is forming a Super PAC with an initial commitment of $150 million, representing the biggest one-time injection of money in the history of such political action committees.

Icahn, who supports presidential candidate Donald Trump, said he is targeting "inversions," which occur when a company changes its domicile, often outside the United States, to take advantage of lower tax rates elsewhere.

"Right now, as we speak, there are many companies planning to leave this country," Icahn said in an interview with CNBC. "It's so simple to do something about it, it's a no-brainer."

Icahn said on CNBC that the incentive for companies to leave the U.S. via inversion deals could be eliminated by legislation allowing big companies to repatriate funds held offshore at a discounted tax rate - an approach also favored by Trump.

http://news.yahoo.com/icahn-launches-super-pac-150-million-biggest-one-155942174--sector.html

Trump and Icahn are right of course. This economy has been massively mismanaged by Washington, and Trump is the one most likely to begin the turn around of those running.

hawkeye10

Thu 22 Oct, 2015 03:38 am
@hawkeye10,
For the past 40 years I have worked diligently to see that errant CEOs and boards were held accountable, and few would disagree that my efforts greatly enhanced the value of hundreds of companies, making many billions of dollars for shareholders. I believe the time has come to also hold Senators and Congressmen accountable for the current gridlock in Congress that prevents important legislation from being passed. This is why I’m currently preparing to form a Super PAC with an initial commitment of $150 million from me personally. The first thing the PAC will do is focus on the pernicious effects that are occurring and will continue to occur as a result of Congress’s failure to immediately stop so many of our great companies from leaving our country. This exodus has often been called “corporate tax inversions.” While I plan to raise third party funds, I believe my own commitment of $150 million to the PAC will be more than enough to make voters fully aware of the horrible consequences that will ensue if Congress fails to pass legislation immediately to stop these “inversions.” I recently received an outpouring of emails and letters after pointing out the absurdity of this situation in a recent video (which is posted on my website: www.carlicahn.com). Many individuals are asking me to take action and I have obviously decided to do so.

The issue of corporate tax inversions is so important because many of this country’s great companies are currently merging with or being purchased by foreign companies. In the last few years over 50 companies have left the country through “inversions,” representing over half a trillion dollars in market value, hundreds of millions in tax dollars, and tens of thousands of jobs. If this exodus is allowed to accelerate, there will be disastrous consequences for our already fragile economy, as well as meaningful and unnecessary job losses. Foundational American companies, such as Pfizer, Walgreens, Monsanto, Omnicom, etc., have been reported publicly to be considering corporate “inversions” and currently many others are planning the same behind closed doors.

I credit my success as an investor in large part to understanding markets and the motivations of large companies. Companies have “interests.” They do not have “beliefs.” While they can contribute greatly to America, they are not “patriots.” They are motivated to take actions that are in the best economic interests of their shareholders, which include leaving the country if it offers a compelling opportunity to dramatically increase profits. Ironically, it is the “short term” oriented shareholders (mostly hedge fund managers) who benefit the most when, through an inversion, a foreign company pays a premium for an American company. In fact, these large holders are currently pressuring companies in which they own large positions to expatriate through “inversions” so that the value of the stocks they hold will afford them large “short term” profits. Some have argued that I am “short term” oriented. To preempt this possible criticism of my record, the average holding period for stocks in our portfolio is five to seven years.

We can solve the dangerous problem we face by passing legislation for international tax reform as outlined in the framework put forth by Senators Charles Schumer and Robert Portman, and supported by Chairman Paul Ryan, to fund the Highway Bill.

How does international tax reform prevent further inversions? The answer is simple. American corporations currently have over $2.2 trillion deposited abroad. They earned this money abroad and have already paid taxes on it to the country in which it was earned. These companies want to bring this money back to the United States, but they choose not to because we require they pay a “double tax” if they do. We are the only country in the world that does this, and it’s counterproductive because it creates an incentive to keep the money abroad. A lower “double tax” would solve this problem. Most of these companies would be willing to pay a 5% to 10% incremental tax on this money upon bringing it back to the United States where much of it would be invested in new capital and used to create new jobs. Additionally, the nearly $200 billion in new taxes thus realized could be used in part for the Highway Bill which is vital given that our nation’s infrastructure is recently ranked at a D+ by the American Society of Civil Engineers. Presently, Congress has only identified half the funding for a six-year Highway Bill, which itself contains inadequate spending to sustain our highways because it fails to include international tax reform. Also, as proposed, this inadequate version of the Highway Bill does nothing to stop corporate inversions.

It’s a no-brainer for Congress to pass a Highway Bill that includes international tax reform because, if it does not, many of our companies, currently holding $2.2 trillion abroad, will invest this money outside the United States rather than pay the double tax we are now foolishly demanding, and which they will obviously not pay. Even worse, they might elect to be acquired by foreign companies through “inversions,” in which case the United States would not only lose the $2.2 trillion that would be invested in this country if we had passed a Highway Bill with international tax reform, but also lose all future taxes and job creation that these companies would have contributed. Additionally, our country would forfeit the $200 billion tax these companies would immediately pay, a portion of which would be used to fund the Highway Bill. Not passing this bill immediately makes absolutely no sense. The Senators and Congressmen to whom I have spoken, including Charles Schumer and Paul Ryan, all agree we should enact this legislation immediately, and that after this December, because of elections, etc., it will be almost impossible to pass this legislation until the next administration. I’m certain, if we wait two years it will be too late. The obvious question: why hasn’t a bill that makes so much sense already passed through the House Ways and Means Committee, the Senate Finance Committee and been presented for passage before December? The American public has the right to an answer. There can be no defense for even a gridlocked Congress not passing legislation regarding the repatriation of $2.2 trillion, saving tens of thousands of jobs, stopping the exodus of hundreds of companies, as well as providing much needed capital for the Highway Bill. I promise, the PAC we have started will leave no stone unturned to find out who is most responsible for this ridiculous and unconscionable situation and what can be done about it. The inability of Congress to enact desperately needed legislation because of certain members not willing to compromise is reprehensible, and the members responsible must and will be held accountable. Intransigence and the unwillingness to compromise is a form of corruption that has ruined many businesses, as well as countries, and is now afflicting our great democracy. If it is not stopped now, I fear we will soon suffer the dire consequences.

I have been a student of the market and the economy for over 50 years, and I believe most would agree I have developed a keener insight than most concerning where the market and economy is going at any given time. I believe that today is an extremely dangerous time and have extensively outlined the reasons for why in my recently released video (www.carlicahn.com). Indeed, the current economic news is very disturbing. Even with interest rates close to zero, our economy is extremely fragile. The Fed can do no more to add stimulus and has already kept rates too low for too long, causing dangerous “bubbles.” And we certainly can expect no fiscal stimulus from our gridlocked Congress. This is by far the worst time imaginable to have an exodus of hundreds of companies. It would not only hurt our economy badly but would also meaningfully tarnish our reputation as a world power, giving our enemies abroad more ammunition to use against us. Not passing this legislation now will be recorded in history as a greater blunder then “Custer’s Last Stand.”

I have sent this letter to all the members of the House Ways and Means Committee and the Senate Finance Committee as well as the Majority and Minority Leaders of the Senate and the Speaker of the House. I hope to be able to speak with you shortly. I intend to make the letter public in the next few days. However, if you do not wish me to make public any conversations I have with you, I will respect those wishes.

Throughout history, a country failing to take “simple actions” necessary to prevent what could turn into disaster often leads to the decline of its hegemony. I hope and pray that the House Ways and Means Committee and the Senate Finance Committee will take the “simple actions” necessary. I am not exaggerating when I say if you do not, our country runs the risk of losing its hegemony and those of you who are in power will have only yourselves to blame.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to speaking with you in the very near future.

Sincerely,

Carl Icahn

http://carlicahn.com/needed-legislation-letter/
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 24 Oct, 2015 02:00 pm
Video Shows Immigration Protester Dragged Across The Ground And Kicked At Trump Rally
Source: ThinkProgress

Video captured by a local TV reporter in Miami shows a man who disagrees with GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump’s immigration policies being violently ejected from a Trump campaign event. In the video, an unidentified white man wearing a red polo shirt is seen pulling another man identified as a protester by the back of his shirt. When the protester falls to the ground, the man in the polo shirt then drags him along the floor towards the room’s exit. Towards the end of the video, the polo-shirted man appears to kick the protester while the protester is still lying on the ground.

Trump was reportedly interrupted several times by protesters during his appearance at the Trump National Doral Miami resort. At one point, he appeared to endorse the use of violent tactics against these protesters. “See the first group, I was nice. Oh, take your time,” Trump said of the protesters. “The second group, I was pretty nice. The third group, I’ll be a little more violent. And the fourth group, I’ll say get the hell out of here!”

Read more: http://thinkprogress.org/immigration/2015/10/24/3715850/video-shows-immigration-protester-dragged-across-the-ground-and-kicked-at-trump-rally/

How long until the brown shirted "security" force shows up in dress armbands?
roger

Sat 24 Oct, 2015 03:31 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I think you're on to something, though it's unpopular to notice the resemblance. In my mind, I tend to associate Trump with Hitler on the rise. Hillary comes across as a refined version of Richard Nixon.

Just my own perceptions. I'm not trying to sell them.
hawkeye10

Sat 24 Oct, 2015 04:44 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

I think you're on to something, though it's unpopular to notice the resemblance. In my mind, I tend to associate Trump with Hitler on the rise. Hillary comes across as a refined version of Richard Nixon.

Just my own perceptions. I'm not trying to sell them.

How old is Trump? And he has not exactly been trying to keep off the news wire. Has he ever been accused of a crime? Do people who have worked with him say that he is an abusive prick?

No, and generally no.

You are on a really good fantasy trip there guy....
roger

Sat 24 Oct, 2015 05:00 pm
@hawkeye10,
Aha! We disagree.
hawkeye10

Sat 24 Oct, 2015 05:05 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Aha! We disagree.

We are talking facts here not opinion. Has he done crimes? Do people who have worked closely with him over the last 30 whatever years generally say he is an asshole?

If you are going to say he looks like a rising Hitler ya gotta lay out some factual basis for such an extreme condemnation if you want to be considered to be a serious person who is dealing with reality. Too be considered a fair and honest guy. What have ya got? With a guy that old you should be able to list crimes he has committed, and have a long list of witnesses who speak against him at the very least.
roger

Sat 24 Oct, 2015 05:56 pm
@hawkeye10,

hawkeye10 wrote:

roger wrote:

Aha! We disagree.

We are talking facts here not opinion.

Didn't read what I wrote, did ya? Is there something about 'my perception that is too difficult to understand. Hitler was about tone, racism, and emotion. Not to mention a big mouth. If you want to challenge my perceptions, feel free to do so.
hawkeye10

Sat 24 Oct, 2015 06:06 pm
@roger,
America is all about tone, emotion and ism's through and through, where have you been? Dont blame Trump for doing what it takes to make it in American politics in 2015, he is doing what he has to do. If you have a problem with that go blame the people, we are the ones who demand it. And just to be clear, the fact that you have the same emotional response to Trump as you do to Hitler only means that you are fucked up. Reality does not support your feelings.
hawkeye10

Sat 24 Oct, 2015 07:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Protesters hold signs spelling 'dignity' as they interrupt remarks by Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump during a campaign rally at his Trump National Doral Miami resort in Doral, Florida, October 23, 2015.

Video reportedly taken from a campaign event for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump shows attendees violently pushing and dragging Latino demonstrators out of the event. A crowd stood by, chanting "USA! USA!"
Miami TV station NBC6 says the eight demonstrators were Latino students from Florida International University. They were each holding a letter, spelling out the word, "E-Q-U-A-L-I-T-Y," at the Trump event Friday night.

Ariel Rojas, a senior at FIU, told NBC6 Trump supporters standing in front of them grabbed their signs and tore them up

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump greets guests after speaking at a campaign rally at his Trump National Doral Miami resort in Doral, Florida, October 23, 2015.

Video shows one protester being pulled by a man wearing a red shirt. The man who is being pulled falls on his back, and the man in the red shirt appears to lunge at him as the crowd cheers on.
NBC6 cites a statement from the Trump campaign, saying the people who forced the protesters out were not Trump employees, nor employees of the venue.

The station reports several other pro-immigration demonstrators were at the event at the Trump National Miami Doral Resort where the real-estate mogul and Republican presidential contender addressed a crowd.

In the video, Trump can be heard continuing to talk, even as the Latino demonstrators were rushed out of the room. The crowd continues to cheer.

Photos from Reuters show another group of protesters at the event, holding signs that spelled out the word, "D-I-G-N-I-T-Y."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-supporters-dragged-latino-protestors-235900895.html

This is too close to the "so go into a black bar and call them niggers, see what happens to you" scenario for comfort. If they were disrupting Trump then good on the crowd for demanding that majority rules. The agitators can organize their own event, their free speech rights do not extend to preventing others to speak but otherwise being an American means that we can say what ever the **** we want to say, to whom ever we want to say it. From his comments Trump seems to agree, which does not surprise me at all.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Sat 24 Oct, 2015 09:28 pm
I would be interested, and I am willing to place 4 years of America's future to see this, in what a business leader could do as executive. We still have the legislative and judicial branches to keep the executive in check, but I'd genuinely like to see someone not born and raised a politician have a go.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 25 Oct, 2015 09:09 am
@McGentrix,
[img]in what a business leader could do as executive[/img]

So the deregulated bank failure seven years ago and the deregulated Wall Street blow up over unregulated derivative home loan market didn't scare you enough?

These executives screw up badly enough with the connivance of the 'best Congress money can buy' already.
McGentrix

Sun 25 Oct, 2015 10:30 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

[img]in what a business leader could do as executive[/img]

So the deregulated bank failure seven years ago and the deregulated Wall Street blow up over unregulated derivative home loan market didn't scare you enough?

These executives screw up badly enough with the connivance of the 'best Congress money can buy' already.

Their companies seem to be doing quite well now. Maybe you miss the point of business and business leadership? You said you used to be a Republican and I am pretty sure that knowledge comes in Republican 101.
hawkeye10

Sun 25 Oct, 2015 01:04 pm
Quote:
"100 percent," Trump said when asked if the world would be better off with Saddam and Kadhafi still at the helm in Iraq and Libya.

Both strongmen committed atrocities against their own people and are now dead. Saddam, the former Iraqi president, was toppled in the 2003 US-led invasion of Iraq and was executed in 2006.

Kadhafi -- who ruled Libya for four decades -- was ousted and slain in October 2011 amid a NATO-backed uprising.

"People are getting their heads chopped off. They're being drowned. Right now it's far worse than ever under Saddam Hussein or Kadhafi," Trump said.

"I mean, look what happened. Libya is a catastrophe. Libya is a disaster. Iraq is a disaster. Syria is a disaster. The whole Middle East. It all blew up around Hillary Clinton and around Obama. It blew up."

Calling Iraq the "Harvard of terrorism," Trump said the country had turned into a "training ground for terrorists."

"If you look at Iraq from years ago, I'm not saying he (Saddam) was a nice guy. He was a horrible guy but it's better than it is now," Trump said.

http://news.yahoo.com/world-better-place-saddam-kadhafi-still-power-trump-150717855.html

God Damn, there he goes again, speaking truth......
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 25 Oct, 2015 03:02 pm
@McGentrix,
You'd better read up on your Republican history. Republicans believe in Capitalism, we don't believe in Oligarchy.
hawkeye10

Sun 25 Oct, 2015 03:07 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

You'd better read up on your Republican history. Republicans believe in Capitalism, we don't believe in Oligarchy.

Even the capitalists no longer believe in capitalism. Under capitalism both the community and labor are considered stakeholders in the enterprise, with a say and with a right to the rewards of the enterprise. How often do these people believe in either anymore? When they decided that almost all of the rewards should go the the elites they became doomed. So did the elites. Capitalism is now dead man walking, in fact there is a really good argument that capitalism no longer is our economic system, it has become too corrupted and to bastardized to deserve to be called that name anymore.

NOTE: there is no possible excuse for this post being down voted. If site owners were smart they would get rid of the feature as it is an embarrassment to the place, because it advertises what can only be either the stupidity or the meanness of the people who are here.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 25 Oct, 2015 03:37 pm
Pro-Donald Trump super PAC shutters

By Jeremy Diamond and Sara Murray, CNN

Updated 10:45 PM ET, Thu October 22, 2015
Carson tops Trump in Iowa poll

Carson tops Trump in Iowa poll 02:14
Story highlights

The Make America Great Again PAC is shutting down amid a flurry of scrutiny centered on the group
Trump's campaign has repeatedly insisted that it never sanctioned the establishment or operations of any super PAC

Washington (CNN)The main super PAC supporting Donald Trump's presidential bid is ending its operations, a consultant with the group told CNN Thursday night.

The Make America Great Again PAC is shutting down amid a flurry of scrutiny centered on the group and its ties to the Trump campaign, one built in part on Trump's relentless assertion that unlike other politicians, he isn't beholden to deep-pocketed donors and special interests. The PAC is also linked to a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization in the same name, which can raise unlimited contributions from anonymous donors.

"All activities/committees related to Make America Great Again will be shut down," Mike Ciletti, a consultant with the PAC, told CNN. "As I have said from the start, I believe the focus should be on the issues and the candidates."

The super PAC's shuttering was first reported by Politico.

Trump's campaign has repeatedly insisted that it never sanctioned the establishment or operations of any super PAC, including Make America Great Again.

Still, Trump had attended at least two fundraising events that benefited Make America Great Again, including one hosted at the home of his daughter's in-laws, Charles and Seryl Kushner. Seryl Kushner donated $100,000 to the super PAC, a source close to the family told CNN in August.

And this week, the Washington Post revealed ties between Ciletti and the Trump campaign -- notably that Ciletti reportedly met with Trump's soon-to-be campaign officials in the lead-up to Trump's official campaign launch in June.

The Trump campaign has also paid Ciletti's company, WizBang Solutions, to print T-shirts and business cards.

Trump has denied any involvement or knowledge of the super PAC and in his stump speech, the mogul often highlights a claim that he rejected a $5 million donation from a lobbyist he knows.

"He said, 'Donald, I want to put $5 million into your campaign.' I said, 'I don't need it; I don't want it.' He said, 'No, no, I want to put five million in'" Trump recounts. "I said, 'I don't want it. Because when you come back to me in two years and you want help for a company that you're representing, or a country that you're representing, I'm going to do the right thing for the people of the United States."

A single individual cannot legally donate $5 million to a campaign due to campaign finance laws. He could, though, contribute in unlimited amounts to a super PAC.
Follow @CNNpolitics

CNN's Shimon Prokupecz contributed to this report.