hawkeye10

Sun 25 Oct, 2015 03:40 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Pro-Donald Trump super PAC shutters

Trump asked at least five PACS to close down and send the money back, and they have said that they will comply.

Trump comes away smelling like a rose.

You might want to spend more time listening and learning and less time trying to enlighten us with what you consider to be wisdom. Just a thought there BOB!

Quote:
Donald Trump has asked the nine super PACs that appear to support his presidential campaign to stop raising money using his name, likeness and slogans and to return any donations they have already received. Trump then challenged his Republican and Democratic opponents to do the same and reject "dark money."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/10/23/donald-trump-tells-super-pacs-supporting-his-candidacy-to-return-all-money-to-donors/
bobsal u1553115

Sun 25 Oct, 2015 03:54 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Trump comes away smelling like a rose.

You're half right, he does smell, but nothing like a rose.
izzythepush

Sun 25 Oct, 2015 03:55 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
They put horse **** on roses.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 25 Oct, 2015 03:59 pm
@izzythepush,
'Splains everything.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 25 Oct, 2015 05:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
anything trump does in coordination with a suprpc is in violtion of election law. Pwrhaps you werent familiar with the meanings of pac v suprpac
Quote:
Super PACs, officially known as "independent-expenditure only committees," may not make contributions to candidate campaigns or parties, but may engage in unlimited political spending independently of the campaigns. Unlike traditional PACs, they can raise funds from individuals, corporations, unions, and other groups without any legal limit on donation size.[18]
Super PACs were made possible by two judicial decisions: the aforementioned Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission and, two months later, Speechnow.org v. FEC. In Speechnow.org, the federal Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit held that PACs that did not make contributions to candidates, parties, or other PACs could accept unlimited contributions from individuals, unions, and corporations (both for profit and not-for-profit) for the purpose of making independent expenditures.
The result of the Citizens United and SpeechNow.org decisions was the rise of a new type of political action committee in 2010, popularly dubbed the "super PAC".[19] In an open meeting on July 22, 2010, the FEC approved two Advisory Opinions to modify FEC policy in accordance with the legal decisions.[20] These Advisory Opinions were issued in response to requests from two existing PACs, Club for Growth, and Commonsense Ten, which later became Senate Majority PAC. The opinions gave a sample wording letter which all Super PACs must submit to qualify for the deregulated status, and such letters continue to be used by Super PACs up to the present date. FEC Chairman Steven T. Walther dissented on both opinions and issued a statement giving his thoughts. In the statement, Walther stated "There are provisions of the Act and Commission regulations not addressed by the court in SpeechNow that continue to prohibit Commonsense Ten from soliciting or accepting contributions from political committees in excess of $5,000 annually or any contributions from corporations or labor organizations." (emphasis in original)[21]
The term "Super PAC" was coined by reporter Eliza Newlin Carney.[22] According to Politico, Carney, a staff writer covering lobbying and influence for CQ Roll Call, "made the first identifiable, published reference to 'super PAC' as it’s known today while working at National Journal, writing on June 26, 2010, of a group called Workers’ Voices, that it was a kind of '"super PAC" that could become increasingly popular in the post-Citizens United world.'"[23]
According to FEC advisories, Super PACs are not allowed to coordinate directly with candidates or political parties. This restriction is intended to prevent them from operating campaigns that complement or parallel those of the candidates they support or engaging in negotiations that could result in quid pro quo bargaining between donors to the PAC and the candidate or officeholder. However, it is legal for candidates and Super PAC managers to discuss campaign strategy and tactics through the media.[24][25]
its a wiki-lookitup
McGentrix

Sun 25 Oct, 2015 05:18 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

You'd better read up on your Republican history. Republicans believe in Capitalism, we don't believe in Oligarchy.

Heh, "we..." You are too funny.
hawkeye10

Sun 25 Oct, 2015 05:22 pm
@farmerman,
Yes, and it is not clear that he can legally force them to close by telling them that they dont have the right to use his name, but since they all seem to be complying I guess that we dont get to find out. I cant see where ordering shirts from a company that is owned by someone who is running a Pac should be a legal problem as the way they are set up Trump is not even supposed to know who runs the PACS. A meeting with someone who runs a PAC could be a problem if the meeting was about the PAC.

Considering the level of corruption that exists in WAshington this is all kindergarten stuff however. And Trump has always been very skillful at using the legal system, I would be shocked if he was on the wrong side of the law here.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 25 Oct, 2015 07:22 pm
@McGentrix,
Its not we because you're so Tea Party you've lost several front teeth and have a HOV-R-ound© out back on blocks. What you don't know about Republican principles would fill the book of Republican principles.

Take health care for example. You think health care is a Republican/Democratic issue. And its not. Having health care or not is a conservative/progressive issue.

How its get carried out is a Republican/Democratic issue. ACA is a Republican approach (you know, using private companies) and Single payer would be a Democratic solution.

Please feel free to list any of your false preconceived notions of "Republican" stand you may have and I would be glad to show you the error of your ways. All I ask is one at a time.
McGentrix

Sun 25 Oct, 2015 08:39 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Some gibberish about pretending to have ever been a Republican.

*snicker* Too funny. What's next? Bob vouching for your Republican values? Maybe Izzy can jump in tell us about how you really know all about it.
ehBeth

Sun 25 Oct, 2015 08:42 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Quote:
Pro-Donald Trump super PAC shutters

The PAC is also linked to a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization in the same name, which can raise unlimited contributions from anonymous donors.

forget the PAC. I want to see if the 501(c) is taken down.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 25 Oct, 2015 11:01 pm
@ehBeth,
I don't think he planned for this little scam to go on so long. He'll be bailing out before the Feds get too interested
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 27 Oct, 2015 04:16 am
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/former-white-house-chief-of-staff-nonsense-spewing-sarah-palin-to-blame-for-carnival-like-gop/
I thought this was interesting. I think it has some merit.
hawkeye10

Tue 27 Oct, 2015 04:38 am
@Lash,

That should read "John McCain is to blame for...."

That guy really screwed the pooch at the end of life. How ever he had a lot of help in ruining the GOP and ruining Washington.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 27 Oct, 2015 05:30 am
@McGentrix,
Got nothing, huh? Just as I though. Just an inchoate teabilly on a meth rattle.

You may be "Conservative", but you are no Republican.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Tue 27 Oct, 2015 08:44 pm
Quote:
When people support people like Carson and Trump, they’re not condemning just the Republicans, you know, Jeb Bush and [Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas]. They’re saying this for the whole damn country,” Rangel explained. “That’s dangerous, because when people give up on the country, to me… I truly believe that being American makes a difference because you believe in your country. I think that makes you work a little harder. It gives you a little more hope.”

Rangel is especially worried about the potential for a Trump victory in the election.

“Now we’re hearing people on television and the pundits saying, I didn’t know it was possible, but mathematically, you know, the guy really could win,” Rangel said. “That’s like a nightmare. It could be the end of the republic as we know it.”

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/charlie-rangel-donald-trump-could-be-the-end-of-194926163.html

Jesus, Rangel is the prototypical corrupt career politician that the little people want to send a message to, glad it is getting through, And by the way we want to fix America not give up on it. One wonders if we are supposed to have forgotten about all the reasons for his 2010 censure.
McGentrix

Tue 27 Oct, 2015 09:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
Yup. Rangel can go straight to hell.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 28 Oct, 2015 04:27 am
Hawk, McG...

...you guys are clueless!

Love ya both...but you two are clueless.
Lash

Wed 28 Oct, 2015 04:40 am
@hawkeye10,
The guy whose job it was to vet her... love to interview him. But I guess you imagine that it's impossible to become governor of a state and have such a lose grasp of reality.

Eh. What am I saying. It's the vet guy.
hawkeye10

Wed 28 Oct, 2015 10:37 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Hawk, McG...

Now aren't you helpful, Are you in a particularly lazy mood today Frank?
Frank Apisa

Wed 28 Oct, 2015 11:03 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Hawk, McG...

Now aren't you helpful, Are you in a particularly lazy mood today Frank?

Not at all. What would give you that idea?