glitterbag

Sat 29 Aug, 2015 08:46 pm
@snood,
The Sixth Sense is on right now, I remember thinking it was a great film, but I forgot how good the individual actors were.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Sat 29 Aug, 2015 08:52 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

Why is Trump racist? Is it his anti-immigrant statements or is it just because he is white?

I can try to answer that, but before I do, just out of curiosity let me ask you something - Is there any white public figure that you see as racist?

Before I answer that, are there any white public figures that you do not see as racist?

I guess it comes down to our definitions of racism. Being a white guy myself, I don't get to have the black experience, nor would I want to. I know there is a whole lot of racism out there and it is indeed hideous. I know racism personally because my grandmother from West Virginia was a terrible racist and my dad was also to some extent. I remember having a friend in high school come over one day after school to play some chess and after he left my grand mother very seriously asked my dad if he knew I had a nigger in the house. I was just grateful she kept her mouth shut while he was here. I judge racism by that. Seeing a tough looking black guy walking down the road and crossing to the other side I wouldn't consider to be racism whereas you might. I could see how it would be in some circumstances though. Being opposed to illegal (See! I learned to not be lazy Hawk) immigration doesn't make one racist. Calling them a bunch wetbacks that need to go back to Mexico is racist.

I never considered McCain to be much of a racist, despite his "gooks" comment. W either. Misguided maybe, but never really racist. I don't really consider Trump to be a racist either. In fact most of the presidential candidates wouldn't particularly light up my "He's a racist" lights. Well, maybe Cruz would... Rand Paul is certainly not a racist.

Let's see other white public figures... a lot of liberals don't come off as racist, but so do quite a few northern conservatives. I think most racism still resides in the Southern states. David Duke was a racist, Paula deem, though not really a public figure but more of a celebrity.

So, Why is Trump racist?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sat 29 Aug, 2015 11:27 pm
Quote:
Donald Trump is the Republican frontrunner for president, a fact that has befuddled just about everybody—except perhaps Trump himself—and spawned countless theories: He's leading because Americans are frustrated with politicians and want a straight-talking outsider. Because he shamelessly caters to paranoid conservatives. Because he's famous. He's not politically correct. He never says sorry. He's unfailingly entertaining. And the press can't resist him. But there's another reason that no one has considered yet, a secret weapon that has propelled past charismatic politicians like Bill Clinton and Theodore Roosevelt to the White House: hypomanic temperament.
first described these personalities around a century ago. "Hypomanics," as I describe them in In Search of Bill Clinton: A Psychological Biography:
Quote:
(they) are whirlwinds of activity who are filled with energy and need little sleep, less than 6 hours. They are restless, impatient and easily bored, needing constant stimulation… and tend to dominate conversations. They are driven, ambitious and veritable forces of nature in pursuit of their goals. While these goals may appear grandiose to others, they are supremely confident of success—and no one can tell them otherwise…. They can be exuberant, charming, witty, gregarious but also arrogant…. They are impulsive in ways that show poor judgment, saying things off the top of their head, and acting on ideas and desires quickly, seemingly oblivious to potentially damaging consequences. They are risk takers who seem oblivious to how risky their behavior truly is. They have large libidos and often act out sexually. Indeed all of their appetites are heightened.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/122600/donald-trump-and-bill-clinton-have-same-secret-weapon

JOHN GARTNER : For twenty-five years I have been practicing psychotherapy and teaching psychiatric residents at Johns Hopkins University Medical School. My areas of specializations are Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), Bipolar Disorder, and Depression. My therapy practice is in Towson, Maryland, a suburb of Baltimore, and Manhattan, New York

If this Doctor is correct then Trump thinks he can win, when he said "I am not in this to lose" he was telling the truth.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 12:14 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Is English your first language?????

I have my own style. I actually believe in individual rights and diversity, unlike people like you who claim that they do as they are using bullying methods to pursue authoritarianism, I dont mind being different or being criticized for being different AT. ALL.

And yes, this makes me a better person than you are. As Christopher Hitchens constantly said the first imperative is to resist tyranny. I do, you dont.
glitterbag

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 01:26 am
@hawkeye10,
Your own style????? Thats precious.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 06:53 am
@glitterbag,
Sort of liking watching a jackass eating peanut butter:

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 06:57 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
"It" is of course "truth".

Only in the sense you'd know neither **** nor truth if you stepped in either.
0 Replies

jcboy

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 06:57 am
Bam!! Razz

snood

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 07:25 am
Wotta P.O.S.!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNXKd4DWEAQsF_Z.jpg
0 Replies

revelette2

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 07:51 am
Besides alienating legal immigrants who vote Trumps call for massive deportation is impractical and too costly to say the least, his call to end birthright citizenship is unconstitutional, his plan to have Mexico pay for the wall he envisions is laughable.

How Realistic Is Donald Trump's Immigration Plan?

glitterbag

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 11:00 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

Bam!! Razz

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYoOPgeTMQc[/youtube]

I watched that show when it aired. I miss David Letterman, his ability to cut thru the bullshit is inspired.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 12:42 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:
his call to end birthright citizenship is unconstitutional

Trump says this has not been tested in court yet, and I believe that he is correct. Just as the courts allow reasonable limitations on gun ownership they might allow reasonable controls on birthright citizenship, for instance that the mother if not a US citizen must have been a resident of the country for at least a year. I doubt that the courts will demand that we give citizenship to kids of parents who invest only an airline ticket and the three day stay into America.
Below viewing threshold (view)
hawkeye10

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 12:56 pm
@oralloy,
The framers counld not have envisioned the vast killing power of modern guns, or that people for the other side of the earth could take a 10 hour trip to get their womb cut open to pull a live baby out and go back a few days later....we need to consider limits to the exact literal words in cases where technology makes our world completely different than their world was. I am very upset that this government disregards the Constitution at will, however this is not an example of that....this is keeping the spirit of the promise while taking into account how our worlds have changed over long periods of time.
oralloy

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 01:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
The framers counld not have envisioned the vast killing power of modern guns,

Even if that is true, it has absolutely no relevance to our Constitutional gun rights.
hawkeye10

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 03:05 pm
@oralloy,
For the record as I understand it Trump wants to get rid of all citizenship for babies of illegals, which I am not in favor of, and would require a constitutional change. Also, I am not convinced the anchor babies is a problem at all, as they seem to work to get wealthy educated new citizens, which i think is much better for us than poor uneducated new citizens.

Luckily I dont need to agree with everything Trump says to say "VOTE TRUMP"
hawkeye10

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 06:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
The Quinnipiac University poll, released Thursday, also shows Donald Trump smashing the GOP presidential competition garnering 28% support from registered Republican voters in the 17-member field. The real estate mogul's closest competitor is retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, who tallies 12%.

Just 7% said they would vote for former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, a record low since November 2013.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/27/politics/donald-trump-jeb-bush-poll-quinnipiac/

We hear over and over that Trump cant win, that Bush is the guy the Elites have picked, but so far in seems that the people are not following the directive.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 08:41 pm
Actual Mexican Army reaction to U.S. misfortune trumps rhetoric of teaxenophobes
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/when-mexicans-crossed-our-border-to-feed-our-hungry/2015/08/28/347342e4-4cee-11e5-84df-923b3ef1a64b_story.html?tid=sm_fb

When Mexicans crossed our border to feed Americans in need

https://img.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_1484w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2015/08/28/Production/Daily/A-Section/Images/Merlin_9346232.jpg

In a scene that would have given Donald Trump heart palpitations, 200 flag-waving Mexican troops breached the U.S. border outside Laredo, Tex., 10 years ago and advanced unopposed up Interstate 35 to San Antonio

By the time their mission in San Antonio ended Sept. 25, the Mexicans had served 170,000 meals, helped distribute more than 184,000 tons of supplies and conducted more than 500 medical consultations.

Disasters such as Hurricane Katrina, or the spectacle of U.S. presidential politics, often force to the surface the true character of the players. The Mexicans proved they were neighbors we can count on. One can only speculate how Trump would have handled the Mexican invasion had he been president. Would he have considered the visa-free Mexican soldiers illegal immigrants? Would he dispatch rape kits to San Antonio-area hospitals?

We should try to answer those questions soon. Because hurricane season is again upon us. And you never know when you are going to need a friendly neighbor, and a hot m
hawkeye10

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 10:01 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Feeding the hungry they can do, defeating the warlords who hold territory and enslave the population they cannot....
hawkeye10

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 10:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
If this is the case, then sooner or later — probably later — Trump will come to grips with the reality that he cannot win the Republican nomination. The field will narrow, the voters will get more realistic, and he will have to defeat a candidate who can be relied upon to carry out the Republican policy agenda.

I’ve seen some loose speculation that Trump could win the nomination without getting a majority, but this is not how the process works. You need a majority of delegates to win the nomination. If nobody has a majority going into the convention, then some process of horse-trading will go on until a majority combination forms. (In this case, the non-Trumps would unite around somebody other than Trump.) Much more likely, as the race went on, all the serious contenders who aren’t Trump and Trump’s most successful rival would drop out, allowing the leading non-Trump to win a majority of delegates in the primaries. Either way, Trump won’t get the nomination.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/08/what-is-the-trump-endgame.html

I dont know this, a very large number of Americans can vote for trump even if they have not voted R recently. I see no reason to assume that Trump will not walk into the convention with enough delegates to win.