izzythepush

Sat 30 Jul, 2016 03:05 pm
@giujohn,
Why does anyone have to answer your questions? You post a lot of crap then run scared when asked to back it up. You're all mouth and trousers, a big bag of unsubstantiated hot air.

0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Below viewing threshold (view)
maxdancona

Sat 30 Jul, 2016 07:44 pm
@oralloy,
Or... Mrs Clinton's victory has been guaranteed every since Mr. Obama nailed his second term with his principled call for gun control in 2013.

The demise of conservatism will mean the triumph of American freedom.

(Damn... I am enjoying this election more and more as it goes along!)
oralloy

Sat 30 Jul, 2016 08:42 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Or... Mrs Clinton's victory has been guaranteed every since Mr. Obama nailed his second term with his principled call for gun control in 2013.

There was nothing principled about Mr. Obama's mad push to violate our civil rights.

And no. It destroyed his second term. Presidents have a limited amount of political capital to spend every term. By wasting all of his political capital in pointless attacks against the NRA, he prevented himself from having any second-term legislative victories.

That wasteland of a second term is entirely down to him wasting all of his political capital in pointless tantrums about the NRA.

maxdancona wrote:
The demise of conservatism will mean the triumph of American freedom.

The demise of conservatism would be the demise of American freedom.

Conservatives are doing just fine. Mr. Trump will be a two-term president. The Republicans will hold the White House for the three subsequent terms as well, ensuring that Mr. Trump's legacy will be carried out.

When the Democrats finally do manage to return to power (which will not happen any sooner than 20 years), it will only be after they purge their party of liberalism and nominate a "Trump-lite" (sort of like how Bill Clinton was a "Reagan-lite").

In short, the first half of the 21st century belongs to Mr. Trump and the Republicans.

maxdancona wrote:
(Damn... I am enjoying this election more and more as it goes along!)

I find the mean-spiritedness of a lot of liberals to be pretty tedious (I don't mean you here). Overall I'm glad to be a witness to the end of this demented ideology, but the sooner it's over the better.
0 Replies

Blickers

Sat 30 Jul, 2016 09:29 pm
@oralloy,
Quote oralloy:
Quote:
The NRA has nothing whatsoever to do with Sandy Hook hoax conspiracy theorists.

Officially no, but the people who believe that Sandy Hook was a government hoax-oops, "false flag operation", to use the lingo of the conspiracy crowd-all seem to support the NRA. Bet if you went to an NRA convention a substantial proportion of the attendees don't think Sandy Hook was on the level.

Quote:
I am grateful though (although I think they are nuts) for the suffering that they cause to thugs who try to use their dead kids as a weapon to violate my rights.

I lack the words to express the ire that I feel towards these "people".

Rather inhumane, don't you think? Most people think it's a tragedy for an 8 year old just starting life to end up shot and killed at a place that is supposed to be safe and full of fond memories later in life, and sympathize for the parents who had to experience such agony. To dehumanize these poor parents to subhuman enemies because they have the nerve to see the gun control issue different from you seems over the top.
oralloy

Sat 30 Jul, 2016 09:41 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Bet if you went to an NRA convention a substantial proportion of the attendees don't think Sandy Hook was on the level.

It would be a definite minority.

Blickers wrote:
Rather inhumane, don't you think? Most people think it's a tragedy for an 8 year old just starting life to end up shot and killed at a place that is supposed to be safe and full of fond memories later in life, and sympathize for the parents who had to experience such agony. To dehumanize these poor parents to subhuman enemies because they have the nerve to see the gun control issue different from you seems over the top.

If they used their dead kids as an excuse to become Nazis, I would expect Jews to find them objectionable. If they used their dead kids as an excuse to become Klansmen, I would expect African Americans to find them objectionable. They are using their dead kids as an excuse to come after me.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 31 Jul, 2016 07:52 am
Trump: Muslim soldier was a hero but his father 'has no right' to criticize me
Source: The Hill

Donald Trump praised a Muslim U.S. soldier killed in Iraq but continued to criticize the man's father, who spoke out against Trump at the Democratic National Convention.

After a day of backlash about his comments regarding the family of Humayun Khan, Trump released a statement late Saturday night honoring him.

"Captain Humayun Khan was a hero to our country and we should honor all who have made the ultimate sacrifice to keep our country safe. The real problem here are the radical Islamic terrorist who killed him, and the efforts of these radicals to enter our country and do us further harm," Trump said.

“While I feel deeply for the loss of his son, Mr. Khan who has never met me, has no right to stand in front of millions of people and claim I have never read the Constitution, (which is false) and say many other inaccurate things. If I become President, I will make America safe again.”

-snip-

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/289894-trump-praises-muslim-soldier-but-says-father-has-no-right
giujohn

Sun 31 Jul, 2016 08:03 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Trump: Muslim soldier was a hero but his father 'has no right' to criticize me
Source: The Hill

Donald Trump praised a Muslim U.S. soldier killed in Iraq but continued to criticize the man's father, who spoke out against Trump at the Democratic National Convention.

After a day of backlash about his comments regarding the family of Humayun Khan, Trump released a statement late Saturday night honoring him.

"Captain Humayun Khan was a hero to our country and we should honor all who have made the ultimate sacrifice to keep our country safe. The real problem here are the radical Islamic terrorist who killed him, and the efforts of these radicals to enter our country and do us further harm," Trump said.

“While I feel deeply for the loss of his son, Mr. Khan who has never met me, has no right to stand in front of millions of people and claim I have never read the Constitution, (which is false) and say many other inaccurate things. If I become President, I will make America safe again.”

-snip-

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/289894-trump-praises-muslim-soldier-but-says-father-has-no-right

Very well said Mr. Trump.
0 Replies

revelette2

Sun 31 Jul, 2016 09:48 am
I am not a fan of Scaraborough, in fact, I quit watching MSNBC in the mornings because of him, too many of his statements made me see red. Having said that, the following is what this partisan conservative said to do with Trump for the good of the republican party. (sometimes I wonder who actually voted for Trump to win the republican nomination...)

Quote:
RON FOURNIER: If you were a Republican leader would you have your Senate and House candidates disown Donald Trump and running away from him?

JOE SCARBOROUGH (CO-HOST): Yes, yes I would. Yes I would, yes I would. I would say, you've got go back to your people and you have to explain. I've always said this. Never underestimate your voters. Tell them the truth. You can see -- you know, the center cannot hold when you have the speaker of the house calling the Republican nominee a racist but saying he's still endorsing the Republican nominee. It is so bizarre on its face that people are chuckling in the background. But when you have the speaker of the house, the most powerful Republican saying what he said is racist. When you have the most powerful Republican in government, the speaker of the house condemning Donald Trump for his laudatory, continued laudatory remarks of Vladimir Putin, a thug who kills journalists. And who continues to kill journalists, as we speak.

[…]

FOURNIER: Cut him loose.

SCARBOROUGH: You’ve got to cut him loose.

WILLIE GEIST (CO-HOST): I asked the question that we asked of Paul Ryan when he first endorsed. I know he has a different, more complicated series of asks. He's the speaker of the house, he has to help give people cover who are running in their races. But what would be the cost at this point of Paul Ryan or other Republicans coming out and saying, even if they endorsed them, you know what, I've been watching him for the past two months, I cannot offer my support to a man who says A, B, and C. What would that cost them?

SCARBOROUGH: I don't know what it would cost them, I could tell you what it would save, the party of Lincoln. Because if they do not do that, this party is going to break apart. The Reagan coalition is already broken apart. The Reagan coalition that ruled politics since 1980, has been blown to pieces. Donald Trump is a big government Democrat. A pessimistic big government Democrat. He has been a pessimistic big government Democrat for 65 of his 70 years. That's part of the record. It's not in dispute. And so these Republicans are going to throw away their careers, they're going to throw away their party, over a guy who has been a life-long Democrat? Who doesn’t think America is great?

MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough Calls On Republican Leaders To “Cut [Donald Trump] Loose”
0 Replies

giujohn

Sun 31 Jul, 2016 09:53 am
This election is about the huge divide between what the pundits say and the perception of the people of Politics as Usual the status quo and political correctness... it's the disconnect between the Republican party and the Republican voter it's about their desire not to see any more appeasement by the Republican establishment. That's why no matter what Trump says or does his supporters will vote for him.
parados

Sun 31 Jul, 2016 11:01 am
@giujohn,
Quote:
it's the disconnect between the Republican party and the Republican voter it's about their desire not to see any more appeasement by the Republican establishment. That's why no matter what Trump says or does his supporters will vote for him.

Yep, it's all about those people putting their own refusal to compromise ahead of country. No other reason for them to support Trump so blindly.

They are not patriots. That is for sure.
cicerone imposter

Sun 31 Jul, 2016 11:02 am
@parados,
When Trump said he wished Russia had access to Clinton's emails, that tantamount to treason.

There are many articles like this one. This just happens to be the first one of many.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/12/9/1458557/-Trump-is-a-traitor
Brandon9000

Sun 31 Jul, 2016 11:39 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
When Trump said he wished Russia had access to Clinton's emails, that tantamount to treason.

There are many articles like this one. This just happens to be the first one of many.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/12/9/1458557/-Trump-is-a-traitor

Anyone in his right mind could tell that it was a joke, however, I do think he should have known how it would be used by the left.
cicerone imposter

Sun 31 Jul, 2016 11:49 am
@Brandon9000,
You don't say those things as a joke. Many people accept them as serious. There are lines that politicians should not cross. That's the reason Trump is unqualified to be CIC.
cicerone imposter

Sun 31 Jul, 2016 11:51 am
@cicerone imposter,
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/28/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-clinton-emails.html?_r=0&module=ArrowsNav&contentCollection=Politics&action=keypress&region=FixedLeft&pgtype=article
Brandon9000

Sun 31 Jul, 2016 11:51 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
You don't say those things as a joke. Many people accept them as serious. There are lines that politicians should not cross. That's the reason Trump is unqualified to be CIC.

One could argue that it was an ill advised joke, but it was certainly a joke.
cicerone imposter

Sun 31 Jul, 2016 11:55 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Donald J. Trump said on Wednesday that he hoped Russian intelligence services had successfully hacked Hillary Clinton’s email, and encouraged them to publish whatever they may have stolen, essentially urging a foreign adversary to conduct cyberespionage against a former secretary of state.

I'll let the above speak for itself.
Walter Hinteler

Sun 31 Jul, 2016 12:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
And Trump on Wednesday told reporters, too, he might consider lifting sanctions on Russia and recognizing Russia's claims to the Ukrainian territory of Crimea.
0 Replies

revelette2

Sun 31 Jul, 2016 12:21 pm
@Brandon9000,
I suppose he thought it was so funny he tweeted it again. Btw, other than his spokesperson (I hope he/she or they are paid over time) I haven't heard Trump say it was a joke and he has had plenty of time. It wasn't.