bobsal u1553115

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 11:59 pm
@hawkeye10,
So you didn't read the whole article? Figures. Dumbass, speaking one more time about one of the many, many things that you don't know spit about.

Welcome to the Hawkeye show.
hawkeye10

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 12:05 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

So you didn't read the whole article? Figures. Dumbass, speaking one more time about one of the many, many things that you don't know spit about.

Welcome to the Hawkeye show.

I read the whole thing, and immediately noticed one sentence that betrayed the bias of the whole piece. Once you know that the author is not credible there is not a lot of point in investing more time into it.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 12:09 am
@hawkeye10,
Like I said, you didn't read it.

Just for you, dummy:

3. A worker fell to his death constructing Trump SoHo.

In 2008, while building a Trump hotel in lower Manhattan, a form that was used to pour concrete broke causing workers Yurly Vanchytsky and Francesco Palizzotto to fall 42 stories. Yanchytsky was killed and Palizzotto fell into a net, but suffered a brain injury and was unable to work again. When questioned about the incident, Trump claimed he had no connection to the project beyond the fact he licensed his name for it.

This year, the New York Daily News reported that Trump’s involvement was potentially much deeper. The firm that was used for construction, Difama Concrete, had a history of serious OSHA violations and had racked up thousands of dollars in fines for its work in the city. In 2004 a Difama worker had fallen to his death working on a project at 53rd Street. Trump’s hotel was being built by a developer called the Sapir Organization in partnership with Trump. Although Trump denied any direct involvement in the construction, an official at Bovis Lend Lease, the contractor hired to build the hotel, says Trump personally reviewed the contracts.

The New York Daily News obtained the information from the deposition of Jan Sokolowski, who was then Bovis’ general superintendent on the SoHo project. The deposition was taken from one of the lawsuits filed after the fatal accident. In reference to the meetings with Difama, Sokolowski said, “I was not part of those meetings, but I do know that Donald did review the contracts.”

What do you know about Michael Arria? Not one ******* thing.
hawkeye10

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 12:32 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Like I said, you didn't read it.

Just for you, dummy:

3. A worker fell to his death constructing Trump SoHo.

In 2008, while building a Trump hotel in lower Manhattan, a form that was used to pour concrete broke causing workers Yurly Vanchytsky and Francesco Palizzotto to fall 42 stories. Yanchytsky was killed and Palizzotto fell into a net, but suffered a brain injury and was unable to work again. When questioned about the incident, Trump claimed he had no connection to the project beyond the fact he licensed his name for it. Could be

This year, the New York Daily News reported that Trump’s involvement was potentially much deeper. The firm that was used for construction, Difama Concrete, had a history of serious OSHA violations and had racked up thousands of dollars in fines for its work in the city. In 2004 a Difama worker had fallen to his death working on a project at 53rd Street. Trump’s hotel was being built by a developer called the Sapir Organization in partnership with Trump. Although Trump denied any direct involvement in the construction, an official at Bovis Lend Lease, the contractor hired to build the hotel, says Trump personally reviewed the contracts. Unless trump owns Difama Concrete he has no liability, which means that he is not responsible, as a matter of law. I think that there is a lot of things messed up about the law but I see no way to getting to the argument that Trump has anything to do with these workplace injuries/deaths. I see no evidence that Trump is guilty of operating unsafe workplaces

The New York Daily News obtained the information from the deposition of Jan Sokolowski, who was then Bovis’ general superintendent on the SoHo project. The deposition was taken from one of the lawsuits filed after the fatal accident. In reference to the meetings with Difama, Sokolowski said, “I was not part of those meetings, but I do know that Donald did review the contracts.” So?

What do you know about Michael Arria? Not one ******* thing.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 12:34 am
Donald Trump is the new face of white supremacy
This article was written by my former Sociology professor Randy Blazak, who studies white supremacist groups. He always has an interesting take on things, so I thought I'd share this with you (the picture at the bottom is his 1 year old daughter Cozy):

Trump represents a frightening trend of convenient racism rooted a belief that America was great before ethnic and racial minorities, women, and sexual minorities wanted equal rights. (What Trump calls “political correctness.”) These people will say that “racism is wrong, but…” or “I’m not a racist, but…” and then something deeply racist follows. They’ll say that “all lives matter,” in the face of the movement to acknowledge the devaluing of black lives. They’ll say they are not homophobes, just for “religious freedom” (an argument the KKK still makes). They’ll say they’re not Islamaphobes, just against terrorism (ignoring the carnage done by domestic, often Christian, terrorists). And they’ll say that they are not bigots, just opposed to illegal immigration (of brown people). It’s a kinder, gentler form of bigotry, but it’s still bigotry. And Donald Trump is the new Father Coughlin and he wants to be free of the political correctness that would stand in the way of his bigotry. (At least he’s abandoned the GOP’s “go after the gays” mantra from the last election.)

Trump has been visiting states with troubled racial histories to sell his rallying cry that “illegal immigrants are killers and rapists.” First Arizona and then, on Friday, Alabama. He started his rally with some classic hate speech, telling the assembled 30,000 supporters and curious (I would have gone to see the Trump clown show) about the alleged rape and torture of a 66-year-old victim in California who was supposedly attacked by an “illegal immigrant.” The crowd went wild. “We have to do it. We have to do something,” he then said. The crowd roared, and some chanted, “White power!”

Two things to know about Trump’s rhetoric

Anyone knowledgeable about the horrific statistics on rape know that women are overwhelmingly victimized by somebody they know, including family members and dates. Only about 18% of rapes are committed by a stranger (and a tiny fraction of those by undocumented immigrants). So if Trump actually cared about women, it would make more sense to devote his rape obsession to step-fathers instead of Mexican immigrants. Of course, this is a man who has been challenged on the issue of marital rape of one of his ex-wives. Rape is an emotional issue. It was used to lynch innocent blacks in the South and Trump is using it the same way to go after people who are often the hardest workers in the country.

Secondly, in my research I have attended numerous Klan rallies, skinhead gatherings, and meetings of the Aryan Nations, and the rhetoric is almost exactly the same as Trump’s. I was at a Klan Rally in Covington, Georgia in 1991 in which a Klan leader told the small crowd the story of a white woman who had been raped and beaten by an “illegal Mexican.” As with Trump’s story, whether it was true or not didn’t matter. It served to whip the racists into a frenzy. And like Trump’s crowd they were out to “do something” about it. I’ve heard Trump’s rhetoric many times before. “Let’s go back in time to when America was great.” Usually the speaker had a swastika tattoo.

https://watchingthewheelsdad.wordpress.com/2015/08/24/donald-trump-is-the-new-face-of-white-supremacy-says-hate-crime-expert/
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 12:36 am
@hawkeye10,
Ohhhhh so now the civilian mess attendant is a lawyer, too!

Hawkeye, you are good for the occasional laugh!
hawkeye10

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 12:46 am
@bobsal u1553115,
It is estimated that 1200 have died so far building the World Cup in Qatar, and you are talking to me about one person dying on a trump project in the last few decades and oh ya, he was not responsible, and you expect me to think that Trump is a bad guy?

Your connection to reality is in serious trouble dude. Go talk to someone.
hawkeye10

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 03:18 am
Quote:
Illegal migration thus is the symptom of a global inequality that birthright or pedigree citizenship laws maintain, legitimize and perpetuate. Rich countries imagine themselves ethically entitled to restrict citizenship, their legal regimes refusing to acknowledge the core injustice of arbitrary grants of privilege by birth or pedigree. Global labor mobility has been shown to be the single most successful means of lifting people out of poverty. Building walls and enacting restrictive laws to limit such mobility perpetuates an already deepening global poverty.

http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2015/8/trumps-america-walled-in-and-majority-white.html

If you like my house better than yours I have to let you move in, you just walk in and take a bedroom??!!

Trump says " Hell. No."

VOTE TRUMP
farmerman

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 04:18 am
@hawkeye10,
congress will have him for lunch.
he's trying to sound conservative. If he makes the "cut" he will do a Chris Christie RINO ance.
you heard it here first
Lash

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 04:31 am
First time someone could refer to a politician's similarities with Hitler, and not be immediately adjudicated Godwin's.
0 Replies

djjd62

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 05:28 am
@hawkeye10,
i'm thrilled, i think the train wreck that is trump is exactly what america deserves
snood

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 05:29 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

i'm thrilled, i think the train wreck that is trump is exactly what america deserves

Not all of us, but I think the Republicans are reaping exactly what they have relentlessly sowed.
0 Replies

snood

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 05:43 am
Donald Trump live-tweets insults as Megyn Kelly returns from vacation: ‘The bimbo is back in town’

"I liked The Kelly File much better without @megynkelly. Perhaps she could take another eleven day unscheduled vacation!

"The bimbo back in town . I hope not for long ."

" She has come back looking like Nancy Grace"
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/donald-trump-live-tweets-insults-as-megyn-kelly-returns-from-vacation-the-bimbo-is-back-in-town/comments/#disqus

Don't you just know that all the same ones who have slammed Obama for being "classless" or "unpresidential" are fist-pumping and cheering this buffoon on?

djjd62

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 05:50 am
@snood,
i think the media is fair game, i don't really have a problem with him insulting kelly
snood

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 06:10 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

i think the media is fair game, i don't really have a problem with him insulting kelly

No? How 'bout a president that calls women "bimbos"? Think that's a-ok, too?
snood

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 06:12 am
White Supremacist Wants to Rename Town After Donald Trump

This isn’t the first time that white supremacist Craig Cobb has tried to buy out a small town for his own uses. He attempted and ultimately failed to create a whites-only community in Leith, N.D.

Now, however, according to the Grand Forks Herald, Cobb has his eyes set on another small town in North Dakota: Antler, where the population is in the 20s.

According to the report, last month Cobb said that he bought some $10,000 worth of property in the town from one Jim Lozensky, including an old bank and two residential lots. Cobb had dreams of turning the bank into a church for his “Creativity Movement,” a religion that teaches that white people are superior, the Herald notes. The lots would be for church members to start building a community together.

http://www.theroot.com/articles/news/2015/08/white_supremacist_wants_to_rename_town_after_donald_trump.html?wpisrc=topstories
djjd62

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 06:18 am
@snood,
but he didn't call women bimbos, he called a woman, kelly, one

much like his comments about rosie, she is a fat loud mouth, is it uncouth to say it, possibly, but it's not untrue
djjd62

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 06:20 am
@snood,
i have way more problem with his attitudes appealing to the fringe racist and xenophobe groups than i do his petty name calling of individuals
snood

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 06:34 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

i have way more problem with his attitudes appealing to the fringe racist and xenophobe groups than i do his petty name calling of individuals

To each their own, I guess. In my opinion, his attitudes about immigrants, blacks and women all come from the same place and come out of his mouth in similar ways.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 07:19 am
@hawkeye10,
Good point. When are you leaving for Qatar? Soon, I hope. Maybe you can work in a mess line while you sort the Mohammedans out.

"Hawkeye of Arabia" does have a certain ring .... you can claim to be Circassian. You'll be very comfortable - subjugation of women, receptive audience to your superior intelligence. Arabs just love to be preached to by pseudo-intellectuals. I'll start the fund for your one way ticket.
0 Replies