hawkeye10

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 04:19 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

You are speaking past tense, he used to be to the left of most republicans, now he has decided to take a completely far right platform and it is working for him, mores the pity.

Trump is not far right, Just today he sounded like Bernie Sanders when he was talking about how a ridiculous tax code enables hedge funds. Trump is mostly a moderate.
hawkeye10

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 04:25 pm
Quote:
Real life gremlin Donald Trump continued his assault upon the American electoral system with his biggest pep rally to date in Alabama Friday night. Trump, looking every bit the personification of bad breath, riled up thousands of attendees with all of the gusto (but none of the charm) of U.S. President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho. The rally descended into brain-numbing stupidity faster than you can scream "white power."

http://gothamist.com/2015/08/22/photos_the_worst_people_in_america.php#photo-1

These kinds of rabid assaults are great, for Trump.

Quote:
Two of the Republican Party's most prominent strategists agreed Sunday that Donald Trump is tapping into a deep well of voters' dissatisfaction with Washington — but they both insisted he won't win the party's nomination for president.

"There's a lot of frustration and anger in the country about the federal government, and about politicians in both parties. And Donald has become a vehicle for that kind of frustration," said Charlie Black, a senior adviser to Sen. John McCain's 2008 presidential bid, on NBC's "Meet the Press."

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/gop-campaign-strategists-trump-will-not-be-nominee-n414496

Also great for Trump. He is running against the elite, members of the elite going on TV to say that Trump does not have a chance (because the elite will win) is just want the doctor ordered. Go ahead and throw down the challenge, a large portion of the little people are ready for a fight.

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 09:04 pm
Quote:
For now Donald Trump is both the star and the news of this campaign, bigger than the mess Hillary Clinton is making of emails, bigger than an old lefty like Bernie Sanders trying to be George McGovern in 1972. Trump was asked Saturday, after Mobile, if he has simply tapped into the anger of the country about its politicians and its government from his side of this the way Sanders has from his side.

“It may be about anger,” Trump said. “We may be saying the same thing here. But I frankly think it’s more about political incompetency. And, I’m sorry, but Jeb is a part of that. Nice enough guy. But what a stiff.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/lupica-trump-didn-lose-article-1.2335118

http://research.microsoft.com/en-US/projects/project_bam/bam.gif
hawkeye10

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 01:40 am
@hawkeye10,
Rolling Stone is said to be doing a cover story on trump, or at least is in negotiations. I am mildly optimistic that they will use the time to work on repairing their reputation by doing some good journalism.
roger

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 01:49 am
@hawkeye10,
Be hopeful, but not optimistic.
oralloy

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 02:11 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Rolling Stone is said to be doing a cover story on trump, or at least is in negotiations. I am mildly optimistic that they will use the time to work on repairing their reputation by doing some good journalism.

Someone is doing a story on Trump's followers, but I forgot who is doing it. Maybe New Yorker, or the Atlantic?

Seems his followers are the American militia movement from the '90s mixed with a good dose of modern UKIP values.

Shocked

(UKIP is a British political party, for those who don't know.)
hawkeye10

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 02:44 am
@roger,
RS now has an editor who cares a lot about and knows a lot about Music. There has been lots of staff changes (some of it cutting staff). The owner says he wants to transition out and give control to his kid. Things might be changing for the Better at RS. Problem is that they were doing the sensational before, and it might have been because they thought they had to to stay in business. Journalism is not very profitable if at all, if it were we would see a lot more of it.

Word is the Trump cover will be out second week of September. The book "I am Brian Wilson" cowritten by the New RS editor is to be out Dec 1, It was originally supposed to be out by now.
0 Replies

revelette2

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 06:11 am
@hawkeye10,
Republican candidate Donald Trump’s platform: Because I said so

excerpts

Quote:
Donald Trump wants to make America great again. This is how he wants to do it:

If Trump were elected president, he says, he would launch the U.S. government into a massive building project — and a massive manhunt — both at once.

On the U.S.-Mexico border, Trump would build a long, impenetrable wall. In the rest of the country, he would pressure the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants to “self-deport” — and, if they don't, round them up to deport en masse. Later, Trump says, “the good ones” could come back.

He also wants to go on a building spree.

Modern new VA hospitals. Better bridges, highways, railroads. A new floor at LaGuardia Airport, to replace that shabby terrazzo Trump hates. And, to pay for it all, Trump would not raise taxes. He’d lower them.

Instead, Trump would get other countries to start paying the United States large new sums of money — and agree to receive nothing in return. China, for instance, would pay for new tariffs. Mexico would even pay for America’s new border wall.

“They’re not going to pay for the wall,” Fox News host Bill O’Reilly told Trump this summer.

“You have to let me handle that, okay?” Trump said.

Quote:
One thing is clear: Trump has reversed several positions from his past.

In 1999, contemplating a possible presidential run, Trump said he was pro-choice. Today, he is against abortion. He previously praised the idea of a national, single-payer health-care system. Today, while aiming his fire at the president’s health-care law, he doesn’t.

Trump also seems to have backed off another unusual idea: a one-time mega-tax on the nation’s very wealthy. In 2000, Trump advocated a 14.25 percent tax on people with a net worth over $10 million, which he estimated would raise $5.7 trillion and pay off the national debt in one swoop.

“It’s a win-win for the American people but an idea that no conventional politician would have the guts to put forward,” Trump wrote in his 2000 book, “The America We Deserve.”

Trump doesn’t mention that idea now.

(complete article at the source)

It seems to me he would run the country like his companies, with overblown confidence in his abilities, fail and then stick it to the tax payers to end up paying for it, leaving us high and dry for decades.

Luckily, I doubt that will happen. He needs the Latino and Hispanic vote in the general and he will never ever get it.
0 Replies

djjd62

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 06:19 am
@oralloy,
i listen to a BBC radio podcast that reviews the news in a comedic manner, UKIP has been a boon to the program over the last few years

trump is good for a laugh if nothing else

hawkeye10

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 12:29 pm
@djjd62,
given your oft expressed animosity towards politicians and the political class I should think you would be thrilled to watch the amateur Trump eat their lunch.
hawkeye10

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 12:40 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Businessman-turned-Republican presidential aspirant Donald Trump and other GOP candidates sought to capitalize on Monday’s stock market struggles, blaming China — and U.S. politicians — for the sharp drop in values.

“I’ve been telling everybody for a long time,” Trump said in a video posted on social media. “China’s taking our jobs; they’re taking our money.”

He added: “Be careful — they’ll bring us down. You have to known what you’re doing — we have nobody that has a clue.”

http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2015/08/24/donald-trump-stock-market-china/

Trump has been warning about CHina for years, and now the consensus of the financial elite is that he has been correct. If the political elite were not scared shittless by Trump they sure are now.
revelette2

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 02:18 pm
@hawkeye10,
http://granitegrok.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/the-sky-is-falling-2-chicken-little.jpg
hawkeye10

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 02:26 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

http://granitegrok.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/the-sky-is-falling-2-chicken-little.jpg

My message is that Trump as president might be great for this country . You are so very confused.
Frank Apisa

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 02:36 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

My message is that Trump as president might be great for this country . You are so very confused.

And you are calling someone else confused!
hawkeye10

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 02:44 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:

You are a bright one.....
0 Replies

korkamann

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 02:50 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy That is one peculiar dude!
Frank Apisa

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 02:52 pm
@korkamann,
korkamann wrote:

Quote:

He sure is. And obviously a guy oblivious to the term "irony!"
hawkeye10

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 03:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

korkamann wrote:

Quote:

He sure is. And obviously a guy oblivious to the term "irony!"
Says the people who claim to have no clue why trump at the moment is so popular. At some point it is going to dawn on you that you dont know what you think you know.
revelette2

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 03:07 pm
@hawkeye10,
Trump has filed for bankruptcy four times and has made money off of it leaving the people without jobs or pensions. This is they guy you think would be good for the country?
Frank Apisa

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 03:08 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Says the people who claim to have no clue why trump at the moment is so popular. At some point it is going to dawn on you that you dont know what you think you know.

You have NEVER heard me claim to have no clue why Trump is so popular at the moment.

NEVER.

EVER!

Anything else in your "arsenal?"