cicerone imposter

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 08:43 pm
@glitterbag,
I'm sure as Edgar said "some are serious." I'm serious too, and 'livid' that such a joke can find entry into the public domain.
glitterbag

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 08:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I'll bet there are people who want to believe those sites are serious and log in to share their heart felt ugly views. It's easy to recognize the old "National Lampoon" or "Mad" magazine as goofy satire. Let me see if I can find something that might make it more clear than I'm able to do. Be back later.
roger

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 08:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Well, I don't think it's really established that Mexicans love the US, either. They do like the jobs.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 09:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The two satire sites I checked "Betty Bowers and Landover Baptist Church" are very different today. They have included things like video's that could be posted on YouTube......I don't think it's as good as the old newspaper style, it's funnier to read the satire than to watch a video. Thats just my opinion.

My guess is that when a lot of people find these humor sites, they get swooped up by corporations who can't really write satire. It's almost a certainty that popularity kills the creative juices.

I haven't seen the piece about Canada wanting to build a wall, but I think it was meant as satire. I will check it out when I find it. I meant no disrespect to you or Edgar, and I know we have more than our fair share of twisted stupid people and I know they can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground. Just because they jump to conclusions and because they think its normal to hate people, doesn't mean we should be upset that they don't understand satire. They are full of hate, fear and dumb as a doornail.

cicerone imposter

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 10:03 pm
@glitterbag,
It's also possible I got out of bed on the wrong side, and every thing just got topsy turvy.
0 Replies

Builder

Sat 5 Mar, 2016 02:26 am
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/12800241_10154002454139294_4927775443893281852_n.jpg?oh=67e8feb7b2a5dc06b3ecd04ac2837d09&oe=57991AB9
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 5 Mar, 2016 03:56 am
@glitterbag,
You're right it is a massive joke, and it's not even the Canadians, it's us. The Last Leg is a topical comedy show, two of the presenters are disabled. It was originally a one off after the 2012 Paralympics but has proved so popular it's kept going. "Bricking it" is a slang term for "shitting a brick" or being very frightened.

The difference is that when you go on http://brickingitforcanada.com/ and pledge a brick making the moose grunt in Donald Trump's face, it's a joke. When the Republican candidates talk about building a well between the US and Mexico and making the Mexicans pay, they're not joking.

0 Replies

spooky24

Sat 5 Mar, 2016 08:11 am
@glitterbag,
I have been going back through all my old MAD magazines the ones that say 40c cheap.
The satire of the movie 'Popeye' is so funny to read now-along with the 'Crockford files' and 'Saturday night heaver'
Once they got politically correct it was not funny anymore which is a shame. However at one time they were just great-I bought one last year and not only was it wimpy it cost $11.50
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sat 5 Mar, 2016 08:32 am
@Lash,

Lash wrote:

One thing I haven't found. What "betrayal" are Republicans so mad about that they are anti-establishment? I haven't run across that. Are they Tea Party people? Anti-Tea party people?

I can't put a bead on the source of their "betrayal" cited in exit polls.

Your reported comments from overhead conversations mention that voters consider Republican politicians "not being conservative enough." I wonder what, specifically, they're talking about.

If you see specific complaints, I'd appreciate a heads up, bruh.

Yesterday I had a conversation on facebook with a sister, who is Republican, but who wants to support somebody other than Trump. At first, she started out defending him. Now, she wants Rubio. She, to me, is a pretty typical Republican. Doesn't work at her age, no TV, listens to conservative radio. She watches Republican debates with great interest, but only knows what the radio talk shows tell her about the candidates. She told me one thing she likes about Rubio, he said he will defend Social Security. I told her how he wants to divert SS money into private accounts, which is a minus, particularly if the economy crashes, and she realized he might not be so great, but was back to supporting him a few minutes later. She said she tuned in the Democrat debates at first, but turned them off, because, "too boring." All they did was discuss issues. No fireworks. She questioned me about Sanders, but didn't really care about it. All she knows right now is, she does not want to vote for Clinton or Trump.
revelette2

Sat 5 Mar, 2016 09:16 am
Donald Trump and Megyn Kelly make nice
cicerone imposter

Sat 5 Mar, 2016 04:21 pm
@revelette2,
Trump's inability to make the right decision the first time shows he's not capable of being CIC. When the CIC needs to make a split second decision, you can't go back after any decision is made. oops, doesn't cut it.
cicerone imposter

Sat 5 Mar, 2016 04:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Donald Trump now has changed his mind about torture. He said he won't torture enemies or their families.
izzythepush

Sat 5 Mar, 2016 04:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That's the only thing he's ever been consistent about, changing his mind. Despite all his bluster we don't really know anything he stands for other than Donald Trump.
glitterbag

Sat 5 Mar, 2016 05:07 pm
@izzythepush,
Trump only needs these dumbshits to vote for him this time. If he manages to bullshit his vapid ass into the White House, it might be the last time Americans are allowed to vote. I need to renew my passport. Think Benito Mussolini . I don't think that is laying it on too thick, Trump is a a deranged and dangerous man.
BillRM

Sat 5 Mar, 2016 05:30 pm
@glitterbag,
A police state is already ready to go with the ability to monitor everyone in the nation thanks to you and your former co-workers at NSA.
snood

Sat 5 Mar, 2016 05:55 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

A police state is already ready to go with the ability to monitor everyone in the nation thanks to you and your former co-workers at NSA.

Oh, so now you do credit her with having worked at the NSA, but you're switching to asinine assertions about what she did there. Just can't decide on which dumbassery to manifest, I guess.
glitterbag

Sat 5 Mar, 2016 06:00 pm
@snood,
Snood, I think he lusts after me. The only stumbling block is I'm not an 11 year old girl.
cicerone imposter

Sat 5 Mar, 2016 06:36 pm
@glitterbag,
It's discouraging to see so many Americans who are that stupid to vote for Trump, the unConstitutional idiot, racial bigot, and below average, Palin-like, brain.
0 Replies

BillRM

Sat 5 Mar, 2016 06:36 pm
@snood,
If she work there at in any position at all then she is guilty of supporting the destruction of our Republic and if she is lying about it then she is in the same position as someone claiming she had work for the German Stasi.

No I do not think that she is bright enough to take part in the code breaking but she could had done support.
Lash

Sat 5 Mar, 2016 06:37 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Snood, I think he lusts after me. The only stumbling block is I'm not an 11 year old girl.

An allegation of pedophilia. Seems afoul of TOS.