edgarblythe

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 11:03 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZj1bQtRNdk[/youtube]

I find Colbert highly insightful as well as entertaining. I had never had an opportunity to know him before he got the network show.
glitterbag

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 01:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
I love Colbert. You should have seen him he would do a routine called "know a district' on Jon Stewart's show. You might be able to find it on YouTube, it was a scream.
0 Replies

engineer

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 01:56 pm
Just got back from the barber and had an interesting discussion while in the chair. Luckily, this guy has been cutting my hair for a quarter century and I didn't think he would stab me.

CNN was on and we started discussing the debate. I was civil but not charitable about Trump and my barber starts commenting on how shifty Cruz looks and how big Rubio's ears are. It was like I was hearing a Trump news feed. I mentioned Trump wasn't a very good business man and I was surprised Kasich didn't grab his opportunities. I tossed in that it was amazing that Romney denounced Trump and got "that guy just disappeared for the last six weeks of his campaign", again a Trump talking point that I've never heard before yesterday. Then "Anyone is better than Hilary. She is just a white Obama!" I said something to the effect that the last six years have been pretty good for me with rising employment, no wars, increasing stock market etc. and I'd take some more of that. More silence and a bit of concern on my side as to what my hair was going to look like. (It was fine, this guy is the world's best barber.) If this is a typical Trump supporter, we are in trouble. There was absolutely no denting his worldview and his ability to parrot Trump back to me was astounding. (Has anyone ever heard of this "Romney disappeared before the 2012 election" line? I can't find it in any 2012 post election analysis.)
cicerone imposter

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 02:01 pm
@engineer,
That's how politics and religion is. Even with negative facts about the politician (and religion), that doesn't seem to be of any importance. it's an amazing phenom.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 03:56 pm
One of my brothers was a Trump supporter, until he saw the story of Trump taking people's homes for a golf course. Right now he is for nobody. One of my sisters will support Trump as long as there is a possibility he can win, no matter what you tell her.
0 Replies

snood

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 05:57 pm
Bobby Jindal blames Trump on Obama

http://www.salon.com/2016/03/04/bobby_jindals_trump_fantasy_whos_to_blame_for_the_rise_of_an_anti_muslim_bigot_obama_of_course/
ehBeth

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 05:59 pm
@snood,
I was just reading something soz posted on FB, talking to RG - which in effect said the same thing.

I don't disagree (perhaps disagree on some of the details - but agree on the outcome).
snood

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 06:01 pm
@ehBeth,
Well, I know that I would trust a Hillary slamming article from The NY Times before I trust one from the Washington times. Just makes common sense.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 06:11 pm
The Last Leg has just set up a website brickingitforcanada.com, which has already crashed, where people can pledge a brick to build a wall to keep Americans out and keep Canada beautiful.

As Adam Hills said, "Americans aren't like other refugees, they eat considerably more food, refuse to assimilate and are heavily armed."

#tag brickingitforcanada.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcvWmsTUsAAx_Zp.jpg
cicerone imposter

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 06:20 pm
@izzythepush,
You mean Canada doesn't want our tourist dollars?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 06:24 pm
@izzythepush,
According to biv.com, American tourism to Canada is a big benefit.
izzythepush

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 06:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
google the website, it keeps crashing, over thousands of hits per second.

https://twitter.com/search?q=brickingitforcanada&ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Esearch
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 06:49 pm
In the time The Last Leg was on air, (an hour) brickingitforcanada has had over 27,000 hits and is currently the number 1 trending hashtag on twitter.
cicerone imposter

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 06:52 pm
@izzythepush,
What is it about Americans that Canadians don't like? Canadians move to the US for jobs by the thousands. The irony is a big joke.
izzythepush

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 07:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Just reporting what was on the telly. The Last Leg is a Channel 4 production. The website was put up in response to travel to Canada websites crashing after Super Tuesday. It is a comedy, don't take it too seriously.

You could always visit the website and donate a brick yourself.

http://brickingitforcanada.com/
cicerone imposter

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 07:37 pm
@izzythepush,
With so many participants, I'm sure for some they are serious.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 07:38 pm
@izzythepush,
If it keeps Canadians from coming to the US .......
edgarblythe

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 07:45 pm
Some are serious. But I think it is mostly a passing fancy. Still, quite a few war dissenters during Vietnam moved there.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 07:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Don't get too wound up, it sounds like a massive joke....Canada is making fun of us for the wall Trumps wants to build on the Mexican border. There are a number of satire sites that are so well done it fools folks into think it's serious. Im not sure if "Betty Bowers, the Worlds best Christian" is still operating but I like to check in there every once in a while. If you read the comments, some readers were livid over the articles and angrily denounced the site. It was a lot like the Onion, only it only dealt with satire about Christianity.
cicerone imposter

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 08:32 pm
@glitterbag,
We all know Trump is an idiot and racial bigot. That he gets so much media attention encourages him to go on.
0 Replies