snood

Wed 27 Jan, 2016 10:58 am
Yeah, in today's bass ackwards atmosphere it will probably end up being a net gain for Trump . But I really think his biggest motivation for not being there wasn't any shrewd calculation that weighed out pros and cons. I think he is terrified of having to face a woman who doesn't like him, isn't afraid of asking him tough questions, and has the backing of Fox News. ******* Terrified.
woiyo

Wed 27 Jan, 2016 11:47 am
@snood,
I think Trump believes this process is a GAME SHOW whereby the only thing that matters is TV Ratings and Poll numbers. The media is certainly taking advantage of Trumps "persona" and is also making a mockery of the process. I have to believe that most VOTERS are aware of this and at the end of the day, Trump will no receive serious consideration.

I am afraid that if I am wrong, and Trump does win the nomination and ultimately wins the general election, he will make a mockery of his office and at the first sign of a real crisis, he will fold up like a cheap suit and blame someone else.
ehBeth

Wed 27 Jan, 2016 12:13 pm
@woiyo,
thanks to Free Duck for drawing attention to this piece shared by the SPLC

http://www.getlittlebird.com/blog/data-62-of-the-people-donald-trump-rted-this-week-follow-multiple-white-supremacist-accounts

Quote:
When most political candidates get endorsed by unsavory characters, they distance themselves quickly.

Not Donald Trump.

Two weeks ago the leading Republican candidate for US President was widely criticized for retweeting a white supremacist Twitter user with the name “@WhiteGenocideTM,” whose linked website sung Hitler’s praises.

It turns out that’s not an anomaly, it's a pattern. Inspired by a new Twitter account that tweets out the bios of anyone Donald Trump retweets (because they’re often remarkable), we went and looked up those people he's introducing to his audience of 5 million+ Twitter followers. In order to learn more about them, we analyzed the networks of people that those people he retweeted are following on Twitter, using Little Bird's influencer discovery and social network analysis software.

It turns out that Donald Trump mostly retweets white supremacists saying nice things about him. At least so far this week’s that’s been how it's gone. This isn’t one person, of the last 21 accounts retweeted by @RealDonaldTrump so far this week, our automated analysis of their accounts finds that:

28% of them follow at least one of the top 50 White Nationalist accounts on Twitter (6 of 21)
62% of them follow at least 3 people who’ve used hashtag #WhiteGenocide lately (13 of 21)

Quote:
1,055 people have used the hashtag #WhiteGenocide and Trump’s name in the same Tweet in recent weeks. And they’re not using it to be critical, they’re a tightly knit community of people, led by self-avowed “European rights activists” and “Nativists.” Who apparently are concerned that the direction the world is going in threatens the existence of the dominant race.

more at the link
woiyo

Wed 27 Jan, 2016 01:44 pm
@ehBeth,
Pointless drivel. What he says may be for pure entertainment value. No one really know what he really believes. He's a con artist.
snood

Wed 27 Jan, 2016 02:13 pm
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:

Pointless drivel. What he says may be for pure entertainment value. No one really know what he really believes. He's a con artist.

It's not nothing when he can't disavow multiple white supremacist endorsements.
0 Replies

jcboy

Wed 27 Jan, 2016 04:51 pm
So Donnie Trump is afraid of little Megan Kelly? but this guy is going to stand up to ISIS and Putin? Sure.

It's what I've been observing since the beginning of this election. Trump's narcissism can't tolerate criticism. His behavior is classic right out of the textbook.

This is a presidential candidate? LOL Cool

roger

Wed 27 Jan, 2016 05:03 pm
@ehBeth,
I wouldn't mind seeing FreeDuck around here.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 27 Jan, 2016 06:25 pm
@jcboy,
Nothing to laugh about. The older, white, uneducated, bigots, loves Trump.
ehBeth

Wed 27 Jan, 2016 07:03 pm
@woiyo,
retweeting is not meaningless
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
glitterbag

Wed 27 Jan, 2016 11:30 pm
@hung lo,
Welcome to A2K

The uneducated asians live in North Korea in poverty and they don't get to vote. Don't be an asshole, or at lest TRY not to be an asshole, or a freaking race baiter, we have too many of them already.
glitterbag

Wed 27 Jan, 2016 11:43 pm
@hung lo,
Let me offer you a big icy cup of "shut the **** up" , and use your real name you coward if you want to throw shade. Everybody can see the idiots who show up for the Trump love fests, and they are white. And so am I, but I had an honest hardworking family, I don't get giddy looking at Trump's big bloated orange face.
Builder

Thu 28 Jan, 2016 02:10 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I don't get giddy looking at Trump's big bloated orange face.

This is the question the rest of the world is asking; who are his supporters? What demographic? There is basically no upper middle class, if the stats don't lie, so what is the demographic turning up for his rallies? Dirt-poor rednecks?

And what is it about this Donald fella that is so appealing to them?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 28 Jan, 2016 07:39 am
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/StreeM/2016/StreeM20160128_low.jpg

http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/BensoL/2016/BensoL20160128_low.jpg

http://media.cagle.com/89/2016/01/27/174661_600.jpg

http://media.cagle.com/46/2016/01/27/174711_600.jpg

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 28 Jan, 2016 08:21 am
OMGosh someone threw a tomato at tRump after he called Bernie a communist!!!!! [View all]

Donald Trump faced a tough crowd last night in Iowa City, leaving the stage early after constant boos, whistles, and even tomatoes thrown by protesters.

The tomatoes were thrown after the billionaire Republican front-runner called Vermont U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders a communist, according to Daily Iowan reporter Brent Griffiths.

You can see the two tomatoes flying toward Trump in the first 10 seconds of this video:

http://usuncut.com/politics/man-throws-tomato-at-donald-trump/
revelette2

Thu 28 Jan, 2016 09:33 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Guess that is what happens if you are not in front of your home team like he usually is.
Olivier5

Thu 28 Jan, 2016 10:26 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

So Donnie Trump is afraid of little Megan Kelly? but this guy is going to stand up to ISIS and Putin? Sure.

It's what I've been observing since the beginning of this election. Trump's narcissism can't tolerate criticism. His behavior is classic right out of the textbook.

This is a presidential candidate? LOL Cool

Trump is just showing them who's the boss, that's all. It's a mistake to see his debate boycott as a weakness. It's a show of strength because without him, nobody will watch that debate.
engineer

Thu 28 Jan, 2016 10:36 am
@Olivier5,
I think it is a decent gamble for Trump, but not for any of the reasons people are discussing. People will still watch the debate and the reality is that the ads are sold and Fox isn't going to lose any money one way or the other. The reason this works for Trump is that he is actually not a good debater and while his style took his opponents by surprise early on, they are completely ready for him now. He didn't look all that good last debate and as the front runner he is the one taking risks in this one. Cruz and Rubio are both pretty sharp on the podium. Of course, that is not why he is doing this although it might play in his thinking. I think this is all about ego. He called Kelly a bimbo today, proving her point.