roger

Thu 21 Jan, 2016 06:16 pm
@RABEL222,
Interesting observation. Let the hungry starve to death and there will be no hungry people to worry.
cicerone imposter

Thu 21 Jan, 2016 06:20 pm
@roger,
We live in a relatively affluent area in the US because of Silicon Valley, but I see men and women looking into garbage cans for food. I see them often at the local McDonald's not far from where we live.
jcboy

Thu 21 Jan, 2016 06:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I just read an article that attempted to rationalize why Evangelical Christians are supporting non-religious Donald Trump and it boiled down to: if you're batshit stupid enough to be Evangelical, you're batshit stupid enough to believe the guy who lies very loudly about being super religious.

I paraphrased a little. Razz
0 Replies

McGentrix

Thu 21 Jan, 2016 06:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Maybe you should share what you have and feed them? That's the liberal way right? Take from those that have and give to those without? Imagine how many of those people your last trip over seas could have fed.

Why don't you care?
ehBeth

Thu 21 Jan, 2016 06:28 pm
I heard a longer version on this on the radio tonight

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/01/when_will_christie_start_smacking_trump_around.html

Chris Christie sounded much better than I'd expected him to (and much better than the left-end pundits portrayed it).
Below viewing threshold (view)
Builder

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 02:34 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
......the average American could really give 2 shits about what anyone else in the world thinks about our President or the people running for President. It's not their business.

If you've not heard of the ANZUS treaty, then look it up. It makes it every Australian and New Zealander's business who is calling the shots (literally, militarily) in the US of A.

The fact that most Americans couldn't tell you where New Zealand is, (or Syria for that matter) is just the start of the problem. Not engaging in the political process is how Americans ended up with an oligarchy.

It's the youth movement (99Rise) that is the one to watch. Getting corporate influence completely out of the political process is their catch-cry, so at least someone does give a **** what is happening, even though you, and most people you know, don't.
Builder

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 03:55 am
http://www.99rise.org/

Quote:
Together, We Rise

We are building a nationwide movement to get big money out of American politics through nonviolent action. It's time to reclaim our democracy. Will you join us?

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 07:33 am
http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r589/duadmin/160121-donald-trump-would-force-apple-to-build-their-computers-in-america_zpsdvy6toh8.jpg
revelette2

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 07:37 am
@McGentrix,
Tell me, were you embarrassed by Palin endorsing Trump? To me, that answer would say it all.
McGentrix

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 07:47 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

Tell me, were you embarrassed by Palin endorsing Trump? To me, that answer would say it all.

That you, and many others, over look the importance of Palin's endorsement tells me that you are political amateur's. You don't like her, and that's fine. But, you can't ignore her don'tcha know.
revelette2

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 07:57 am
@McGentrix,
Well, that is true, right enough. Guess we'll be seeing ya'll at the polls. She sure got McCain elected.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 08:10 am
http://media.cagle.com/44/2016/01/21/174409_600.jpg
revelette2

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 08:14 am
@bobsal u1553115,
eww
bobsal u1553115

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 08:22 am
@revelette2,
The truth can be ugly and with a really bad comb over.
0 Replies

woiyo

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 12:13 pm
@ehBeth,
Christie is smart and has a plan. He can hang in the race with a decent finish in NH and IOWA, watch the others (Rubio/Cruz/Trump/Bush) beat each other into submission then he can pounce and win the nomination.

At least I hope so. Those other 4 are either 1 term legislators with no executive experience, loud mouth touts or ineffective leaders.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 12:39 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
They don't have to. Supporting a liberal canidate makes them look like they do. And appearances and the PC opinions are all that matters.

Looks like there are at least 10 people[-1o] that know that is a fact. Pretty easy to get the truth out.
0 Replies

jcboy

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 04:51 pm
Oh my! right wingers sure are twisted mono's Razz

0 Replies