Nancy Pelosi -- Should she maintain a leadership position for the dems?

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 10:32 am
@revelette,
That can very well be true; the GOP is good at misinformation to the masses.

One good example is that most Americans believe Obama raised income taxes when in fact he gave tax breaks to the middle class in his stim bill.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 11:42 am
Pelosi has been a superb leader and a tremendous asset to the country. The negative view of her is only because the right, without valid reasons, succeeded in demonizing her through a massive disinformation campaign. The country should be bestowing on her honor after honor.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 12:20 pm
The country would be honored if Pelosi would just go away.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 12:21 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

Pelosi has been a superb leader and a tremendous asset to the country. The negative view of her is only because the right, without valid reasons, succeeded in demonizing her through a massive disinformation campaign. The country should be bestowing on her honor after honor.

Laughing
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 12:39 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn can smile, but can't provide evidence to the contrary.

Typical.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 12:45 pm
Pelosi oversaw a massive disinformation campaign to ram Obamacare down our throats and radical Obama
democrats want to reward her for this fraud perpatrated against the American people. That's anti-American!

Typical liberal behavior.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 12:52 pm
@H2O MAN,
Okay, waterboy, show us where and when Pelosi oversaw:
Quote:
massive disinformation campaign
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 12:54 pm
It appears that cicigirl has not been paying attention to Pelosi's accomplishments.

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 01:01 pm
@H2O MAN,
No, but it's evident you haven't. You have criticized what she's done, but can't provide any evidence for it.

You're full of bull ****!
Advocate

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 01:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Don't hold back. H2O is a slimy POS.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 01:14 pm
@Advocate,
Silly advocate is thinking about slimy POS Obama democrats.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 01:17 pm
Should Obama be driving Miss Nancy?
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 03:22 pm
Isn't it plausible that left wing Democrats will like Nancy Pelosi precisely because she has been effective in mobilizing action in the House of Representatives supported by most of them; that she is probably less well liked among conservative Democrats for analogous reasons; and that she is disliked by most Republicans for precisely the same reasons? Why is all the personal invective flying back and forth on the issue? It isn't necessary to either lavishly praise or condemn her to support opinions that at the core are based on the underlying political views of the commentator. Neither is it necessary to hurl epithets at those who have a different opinion.

I strongly disagree with her expressed political views and generally find it easy to dislike her. However, I do try to recognize that my core objections are to the political programs she advances, and not to her as a person.

I do believe the Democrats would be wiser to get a new face right now, but I don't think that will happen. I also suspect the President will support her precisely because he appears to be either incapable of or disinclined to an adjustment of his strategy and political stance akin to the one Clinton adopted after 1994.

In the long run actual outcomes and the unfolding of history will reveal who was the wiser president. My opinion is that Clinton will be treated far better by historians than the somewhat odd narcissist currently occupying the White House.
JPB

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 04:47 pm
@H2O MAN,
Here's an interview with Rep Shuler on why he's running against Pelosi for Minority Leader.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036789/vp/40193405#40193405
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 04:56 pm
@georgeob1,
That's fair, but I've still have not heard what Pelosi did that isn't consistent with their party politics. It's a given that if successful in passing legislation that is liberal-leaning, conservatives are going to dislike her for her accomplishments.

Isn't that what politics is all about?
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 05:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Tell us what she has accomplished.
talk72000

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 05:34 pm
@H2O MAN,
She got you HOT. Mr. Green
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 06:54 pm
@talk72000,
talk72000 wrote:

She got you HOT. Mr. Green

Not me, but someone is feeling randy

http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/political-pictures-pelosi-emanuel-creepy-unpublished.jpg

talk72000

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 07:05 pm
@H2O MAN,
What are you doing to her back? A stick up job? Mr. Green
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 07:07 pm
@talk72000,
You can hear Obama reading from the teleprompter... "OK, bend over"...