Nancy Pelosi -- Should she maintain a leadership position for the dems?

ossobuco

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 01:55 pm
@ossobuco,
Ah, I meant to say many on both sides of the aisle.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 02:15 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Let me be the first to make this prediction.

In 2012 Nancy Pelosi will be Speaker of the house again. Also, Harry Reid will be Minority leader in the Senate.

Remember you heard it here first.

I hope you are right, but think that the Republicans will lie and distort to make it look like the failures are those of Obama and the Dems. The Reps are incredibly good at this, and cannot be underestimated.

0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 02:19 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

You are thinking of Christine O'Donnell, who said that she had a midnight picnic on Satan's throne (amidst the blood and guts).
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 04:53 pm
@Advocate,
I have no problem with O'Donnell, but that witch Pelosi has given the entire country a lifetime of problems.

Burn her!
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 05:11 pm

Moderate Democrats Say 'No' ... The Party of 'No'.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 05:13 pm
@joefromchicago,
joe, Thanks for my laugh for the day. Mr. Green
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 05:17 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing The best joke of the week is Princess Pelosi's announcement to maintain a leadership position Drunk Drunk Drunk
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 07:58 pm
@H2O MAN,
TRUE DEMOCRATS DO WELL Rolling Eyes SENATE
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 09:25 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Does Pelosi welcome the Pepjin Sweep endorsement?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 09:31 pm
@H2O MAN,
Nancy is a great American patriot. Generations will look back at gratitude to her for her work passing such important legislation as HC and financial reform.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 09:54 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

Nancy is a great American patriot.

No she isn't.

Kick her to the curb, she won't be missed.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 02:36 pm
Don't sacrifice Pelosi in panic. Build on the good stuff we got.
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 02:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Don't sacrifice Pelosi in panic. Build on the good stuff we got.

Pelosi is not worthy of being placed in 'the good stuff we got' category.
Advocate

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 07:20 pm
@H2O MAN,
I guess you preferred Hastert, who protected the congressman who is a pedophile, and who was the biggest promoter of pork.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 09:26 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Pelosi passed out of the House every bill that you could want, and in EVERY case it was a more progressive version of the bill than what the Senate ended up passing, if they passed a bill at all.

Needs to be repeated.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 09:37 am
Pelosi needs to be removed from power.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 10:27 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:
Pelosi passed out of the House every bill that you could want, and in EVERY case it was a more progressive version of the bill than what the Senate ended up passing, if they passed a bill at all.

Needs to be repeated.

OK I'll paste it again. Cyclo's statement above is accurate (except that I and a very large segment of the population don't count themselves among Cyclo's "you" as in "you could want").

Significantly it was this that led to the massive shift away from Democrats in the House of Representatives in the recent election. I should also note that the final legislation passed in the cases of health care and Financial reform were essentially those drafted and passed in the Senate - not the House. The Administration abandoned the effort to get final passage of Cap & Trade entirely. So it seems that Nancy's victories were rather illusory or Phyrric at best.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 10:28 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Significantly it was this that led to the massive shift away from Democrats in the House of Representatives in the recent election.

Untrue. Not even a little true. Just projection on your part.

Cycloptichorn
georgeob1

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 10:35 am
@Cycloptichorn,
OK then perhaps you would enlighten us on the real cause for the Democrat setbacks across the board and in the House of Representatives in particular during the recent election.

Please don't base you argument on the obvious fact that in most instances the most left wing members of the Democrat caucus survived. They represent gerrymandered districts like Pelosi's own that will elect left wing Democrats forever. Political shifts (and control) in this country is usually determined by the choices of centrist and uncommitted voters, and in this election they soundly rejected Pelosi's views and actions.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 10:36 am
@georgeob1,
I believe it's more complex than you make it out to be. I think it begins with the wrong impression most voters had about Obama and what he accomplished - or didn't. The other issue that voters were unhappy about is the level of unemployment; loss of jobs and homes while he bailed out banks and the auto industry.

I don't think Pelosi's record is well known by the electorate for them to decide the change in the House.

0 Replies