farmerman

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 07:07 pm
@Fido,
Im voting Republican cause I dont have to think things out too much, as They are conveniently all thought out for me by my party leaders, who are all great Americans and lovingly share their conclusions with me.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 07:40 pm
I'm voting teaparty Republican now so there will be two years to watch them in action before the next Presidential election.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 07:14 am
I am voting Republican because I want to increase our Federal Budget deficit. The last three Republican Presidents ran up record deficits. Obama took over a record deficit and that the deficit is actually on track to go down by the end of 2010. We can’t have that. So I am voting Republican so we can overspend the way Reagan, GHB and GWB did!
plainoldme

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 07:56 am
I read the criticisms of this little piece of satire and, while I like and respect the critics, I do not agree with their statements. I generally feel that we all need to laugh at ourselves, whether we are on the right or left.

I hear in this short film the concern for the direction the nation is taking. When I was in my late teens and early twenties, I remember older people saying that a great new age of idealism, rationality and intellectual progress was about to begin.

Well, that age did not happen. It was a reasonable prediction to make: the trend from the middle-1950s through the late-1960s was one of increased literacy, openness and concern for freedom and justice.

Today, conservative forces in this nation have adopted one of the mantras in Nineteen Eighty-four: freedom is slavery. They have perverted the very concepts of freedoms.

I remember the mother of high school classmate telling me in 1969 that she hoped that a repressive right-wing president would take over and that people would know what suffering . . . or to borrow from Frederick Douglas, struggling . . . meant. They would then overthrow the right and we would become a nation dedicated to freedom, intellectual growth, spiritualism and not an enslaving form of religion, science, equality and opportunity.

We certainly have gone downhill. Our country is something like John Brown's body: mouldering in the grave. The trouble is that we are all digging that grave as we lie in it.
Eva

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 08:06 am
I'm voting Republican because I'm a busy person. I don't have time for in-depth political analysis. I'd rather just judge candidates by what they say.
farmerman

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 08:13 am
@Eva,
Im still voting Republican and I dont even know what hyperbolic rhetoric means!
Eva

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 08:20 am
@farmerman,
That's the beauty of it. You don't have to.
dyslexia

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 08:28 am
@plainoldme,
I basically disagree, I opine that such issues as afghanistan, free trade, china policy, environment, Israrel/Palestine, Iran trump inane silliness of humour antics on opposition politics. **** the silliness, get real. Should we spend our effort attacking the religious right or should we offer alternatives to significant issues? I'm a liberal, I request honesty and integrity.
plainoldme

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 09:10 am
@dyslexia,
The piece targets those who do not listen, who believe the lies. This is about the voters.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 09:14 am
@dyslexia,
so does all that mean that you are not gonna vote Republican?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 10:08 am
@Eva,
as a matter of fact hyperbolic rhetoric is an educated term is it not? Not only do you not have to, you're not supposed to. Laughing
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 12:19 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

I am voting Republican because I want to increase our Federal Budget deficit. The last three Republican Presidents ran up record deficits. Obama took over a record deficit and that the deficit is actually on track to go down by the end of 2010. We can’t have that. So I am voting Republican so we can overspend the way Reagan, GHB and GWB did!

The only way we will ever be able to change our form of government is for it to prove itself bankrupt... The rich used to support this country which supported their rights to their wealth and property... When the income tax was made constitutitonal it was to soak the rich, affecting only 11 to 13% of the population... Now the rich cry because the lowest 50% of wage earners pay no income tax... Pay them something more than a starvation wage before taxing them pleeeeze... Not taxing property has made property expensive to buy and cheap to hold off the market... Not taxing property has driven wages down because as well as supporting self and making profit, now workers provide the majority of support for the government that does not support them, or protect their interests...The rich absolutly refuse to be taxed to support the government that defends all of us, and in particular, that supports and defends the wealth of the rich... The budget could be balanced easily by liquidating the rich... They think they do not get enough out of the government to justify taxation, and that the poor who get nothing should pay all... Let us see how long the rich would last without the defense of their government.... So let it go broke, bankrupt financially as it is bankrupt morally... Revolutions are made possible and necessary by bankrupt governments... When they cannot pay the pipper, eternal silence will be their song...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 12:21 pm
@Eva,
Eva wrote:

I'm voting Republican because I'm a busy person. I don't have time for in-depth political analysis. I'd rather just judge candidates by what they say.

When do they say anything??? They hire other people to slime the other side... Why not a law that you better be able to prove everything you say in a political ad, or die in a puddle of your own blood???
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 12:32 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

I basically disagree, I opine that such issues as afghanistan, free trade, china policy, environment, Israrel/Palestine, Iran trump inane silliness of humour antics on opposition politics. **** the silliness, get real. Should we spend our effort attacking the religious right or should we offer alternatives to significant issues? I'm a liberal, I request honesty and integrity.

You are SOL buddy... The System, the form of government, and the whole damned society is living a lie...Faith and old fuk are the only things holding the crap economy and country together.... Not one of the goals for which the constitution was written have been achieved and after two hundred years it is time to curb your expectations that any good will come out of it...Not one of those people going into government swearing to uphold the constitution is anything but a liar; and if you expect them to do good, or to believe them, then you are some kind of fool... It is just a racket... Judge the tree by its fruits... If it is not a turd tree it is time to cut it down...
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 01:34 pm
Another reason I'm voting Republican is because, Hate, poverty, prejudice, war, are all good things.
Fido

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 05:02 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

I'm voting Republican because there's something disturbing yet oddly comforting about having a stick lodged firmly up your ass at all times.

You got a stick??? Everyone else got a cactus...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 05:04 pm
@squinney,
squinney wrote:

I'm voting Republican because I miss the good ol' days of the 1800's.

I want my country back. Waaaay back!

Great... Vote early and often for the very people who put it in their bank long ago...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 05:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I'm voting Republican because I love low wages and hate getting my Social Security check each month.

Don't you mean social insecurity... There are no old revolutionaries... The older people get the more willing they are to see revolution delayed until they are safely in the grave... SS helps with that... Weeble government can wobble all it wants; but pleeeeeeze don't fall down... Don't worry old timer.... As long as we have faith that old flat tire will roll on...
Fido

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 05:09 pm
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:

Laughing

That's too liberal! We need to go back to the 1600's.

We will be fine as long as we have the past to look forward to...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 05:18 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

I may be the odd one here, but I don't find it funny; actually I think it lowers the credibility of democrats. Slimming one's opponents only degrades the slimmer. There are credible arguments to be made for liberal agendas, use them.
Two thing ought to happen... WE ought to have enough honesty as a people to call a spade a spade, and that means pointing out all the illibral, and injurious acts commited by republicans... And we ought to hold our neighbors responsible... WE should individually go to those houses with republican candidates advertized, and say: I see who you are voting for, and when I see your candidate hurting my country or the people in it, I am going to call on you, and shame you to your face... I understand conservatism... I hold to the right of revolution as a conservative value... Reactionism I do not accept, and a democratic government needs to be foreward thinking, and cannot recreate the past with the desire to live in the past... A government thinking to find its future in the past is looking for its own destruction... And ours too...