laughoutlood

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 11:03 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I'm voting Republican because I'm 50% of the population.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 03:57 am
@laughoutlood,
you should get to the gym and modify your diet then fatso.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 04:01 am
I just thought it was funny and turnabout is fair play. I no longer see much point in getting serious about politics. we're screwed, the repubs are going to win the house, things are going to get even more bottlenecked and partisan, Bristol Palin on dancing with the stars will continue to hold more of the voting public's attention than real news stories and issues, the repubs will continue to be bullies, the dems will continue to be pussies, third party offerings will be a study in futilism the destruction of the middle class is part of the plan and so we might as well take our pleasures and laughter where we can because things are not only not going to improve, they're not meant to.

I'd rather laugh at it than be depessed by it.
Fido

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 04:05 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Two choices neither of which is the right choice is no choice... Rejoice, rejoice; you have no choice, but to carry on... Right.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 04:13 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

I just thought it was funny and turnabout is fair play. I no longer see much point in getting serious about politics. we're screwed, the repubs are going to win the house, things are going to get even more bottlenecked and partisan, Bristol Palin on dancing with the stars will continue to hold more of the voting public's attention than real news stories and issues, the repubs will continue to be bullies, the dems will continue to be pussies, third party offerings will be a study in futilism the destruction of the middle class is part of the plan and so we might as well take our pleasures and laughter where we can because things are not only not going to improve, they're not meant to.

I'd rather laugh at it than be depessed by it.

That is the object... When it becomes clear that government cannot and will not deliver the goods promised it will be clearly, time for a complete change of forms... It does not work, and a frustrated people unable to work out of the division parties have made for them are left pushing the center right and left and exhausting themselves in the process... Parties are no kind of solution, and only part of the problem... Inertia; resistence to common democracy was built into the system before parties were formed to make inertia complete... They have kept government from being responsive, even put government on the verge of destruction, and let goverment free to mislead the people here and abroad.... There is no better way of showing it does not work than to stand back an let it fail... People believe the constitution is the Cat's Ass when it has already forced on Civil War on us and every kind of misery...And it gives us no protection from the Parties... What good is it??? If people did not believe in it against all reason it would crumble...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 04:51 am
Let me illustrate the difference (?) between republicans and democrats.

My new kitty is 100% domestic short hair, almost 100% white, fixed and declawed. That makes her a Republican. I'm willing to overlook these things and adopt her because it's the right thing to do. that makes me a Democrat. I also got her a social securtiy number, registered her for food stamps and SSI which will come to me as her guardian, and will claim her on my taxes. I'm willing to game the system so that makes me a democrat. I'm willing to use and take advantage of an innocent to do it, so that makes me a Republican.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 05:07 am
I'm voting Republican because I'm wealthy and the rest of you can go **** yourselves.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 05:14 am
@kuvasz,
If you can find me a republican with enough dick to **** themselves, I'll change parties. I feel like I'm on safe ground there. Laughing
jcboy

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 09:11 am
I am voting republican because I want America to be a third world country.
Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 10:46 am
Apropos of that clip --

http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/10/06/rollins.democrats.negative/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 02:33 pm
@kuvasz,
kuvasz wrote:

I'm voting Republican because I'm wealthy and the rest of you can go **** yourselves.

Liar... No republican would leave it to another to do himself an injury while he was alive to profit by it... Either you wish well for humanity, or you want to personally degrade and humiliate humanity... Which is it???
Fido

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 02:37 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

I am voting republican because I want America to be a third world country.

Not happy with being a fourth world country??? If it were possible to calculate how much of the debt we are surviving on right now belongs to our betters, like England, and Japan, and China; you would find we are but squatters here, having no more rights than title, and legally without defense of our possession...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 02:43 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

If you can find me a republican with enough dick to **** themselves, I'll change parties. I feel like I'm on safe ground there. Laughing

There is no place you could get your dick to go that they couldn't get their pointed heads and pencil necks to go... It is not as though their small minds and limited imaginations will provide much resistence... The difference is the slim possibility that you might use your unit in an act of love never crosses their minds...The object of their economy, and the object of their government, and the object of their lives is human degradation by any means; and what else can we expect so long as one person's wealth equals another's poverty... Where was there ever a human being improved by the expereince of brutal, cold hearted poverty save the one responsible for it...
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 03:09 pm
@Fido,
WOW!

That reminds me of my favorite Frederick Douglass quote.

BBB
Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 03:11 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

WOW!

That reminds me of my favorite Frederick Douglass quote.

BBB

Won't you please share that quote with us, BBB?
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 03:24 pm
@Merry Andrew,
My favorite quote, which I had framed and hung in my office when I was employed. Some people made the mistake of asking me why I had that quote, because I would tell them why.

I have great admiration for Frederick Douglass (c. 1818 – 20 February 1895) an American abolitionist, editor, orator, author, statesman and reformer; born a slave as Frederick Augustus Washington Bailey.

" If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what a people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. Men may not get all they pay for in this world; but they must pay for all they get. If we ever get free from all the oppressions and wrongs heaped upon us, we must pay for their removal. We must do this by labor, by suffering, by sacrifice, and, if needs be, by our lives, and the lives of others."

An address on West India Emancipation (1857-08-04)
glitterbag

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 03:55 pm
I have to tip my hat to all of you, the comments are a joy and make this a terrific forum. Even if there are a few nutballs trying to defend rape on another thread, A2K is superior in my mind. People can share a laugh, a thought, an observation and get responses from some very talented members.

Now that I've buttered every body up, let me say that I will vote Republican even though I am not wealthy, but it's bound to happen at any minute and when I become wealthy I don't see why I should lift a finger to help any of the less fortunate. To quote Leona Helmsly, Taxes are for the little people.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 04:06 pm
@glitterbag,
Subtle irony?

BBB
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 06:39 pm
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 06:54 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

My favorite quote, which I had framed and hung in my office when I was employed. Some people made the mistake of asking me why I had that quote, because I would tell them why.

I have great admiration for Frederick Douglass (c. 1818 – 20 February 1895) an American abolitionist, editor, orator, author, statesman and reformer; born a slave as Frederick Augustus Washington Bailey.

" If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what a people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. Men may not get all they pay for in this world; but they must pay for all they get. If we ever get free from all the oppressions and wrongs heaped upon us, we must pay for their removal. We must do this by labor, by suffering, by sacrifice, and, if needs be, by our lives, and the lives of others."

An address on West India Emancipation (1857-08-04)

How many and mighty are the minds of mankind that for never knowing injustice never value freedom; and use it, misuse it, and lose it with equanimity. Aristippus Left his daughter with the wisdom to never put a value on anything she could live without... It is because people cannot live without justice and without freedom that they are valued so highly, but for those who take their own freedom and justice for granted and trade on the freedom and justice of others, there is no safety nor security... In a slave society all are slaves and liberation frees the master from his slavery as much as the slave is freed from his....