How many glasses of water do YOU drink?

username

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 06:36 pm
I seem to remember reading about a woman who ran the Boston Marathon in the last couple years dying the same way, from over-hydrating during the race. I think the soda companies, who got into the water business, where the profit margin is even higher, have been guilty of over-hyping us about water drinking. People always used to be able to get thru a concert without drinking anything. Now everybody just HAS to bring their bottles of water into the theater.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 06:47 pm
I try to drink about 2 or 3 glasses of water and 2 or 3 glasses of coffee and/or juice or other liquid (e.g. softdrink) during the day.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 07:45 pm
i think we run a similar thread some time ago , did we not ?
a/t what i know ALL liquids count towards the total intake .
while one might drink more water , someone else might drink coffee , tea , water , have some soup , oatmeal - it needs lots of water ;
while i drink a few glasses of water every day , i usually also drink a couple of glasses of mineral water - such as gerolsteiner or apollinaris .
chug-a-lug !
hbg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 02:28 pm
Slappy was right, it was more like two gallons than two liters.

SF Gate article here (more about investigation).

(another gerolsteiner, apollonaris, pelligrino, perrier drinker here. I like all those, pick the least expensive per volume at the time.)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 02:36 pm
Thats why they invented gator aide. It keeps the electrolytes from being diluted and causing your death.

The waiver they gave the woman was, as I heard o the news, rather thin on iding the risks
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 04:34 pm
Quote:
another gerolsteiner, apollonaris, pelligrino, perrier drinker here. I like all those, pick the least expensive per volume at the time

we have found a polish mineral-water "jordanka" that is much to our taste . while it does not have the 'purging' power of gerolsteiner etc it is quite refreshing and at only CAN $ 1.19 for a 1 1/2 liter bottle a lot less expensive .
there is also a mineral water from slovenia (don't recall name , has a green label) that costs about the same and tastes very good - almost a bit 'lemony' .
bottoms up !
hbg
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 01:36 pm
farmerman wrote:
The waiver they gave the woman was, as I heard o the news, rather thin on iding the risks

I would say nobody at the station who put the contest together had any clue drinking too much water could be harmful. I don't think too many people actually know that.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 02:05 pm
One of those articles states the station people did mention a college student who recently died from hazing/too much water, on the air, during the contest. D'oh!
0 Replies