Be honest now!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 12,052 • Replies: 87
No top replies

fishin

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 10:07 pm
My normal tumbler is a 24 oz jobber. I fill that up 7 or 8 times in an evening... BUt.. I buy bottled water in 6 gallon bottles and I go through 4 of those per month (used only for drinking water..) so that averages out to just over 100 oz./day.

I also pee a lot! Embarrassed
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 10:19 pm
Strictly a soda drinker. But I do use ice at home and it does melt and I do drink the melted ice with the soda, so...does the ice count or not?

Oh, yeah, and a few sips when I brush the old teeth.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 10:22 pm
Fishin - seriously? Wow! Is that like too much? I hope you eat lots of sodium....

Bandy - drink more water!

I tend to drink between 30 and 70 oz per day depending on the time of year. At this time there just doesn't seem to be any way for me to drink the water I need. Except as tea.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 10:26 pm
as W.C.Fields said "i never drink water, fish **** in it"
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 10:27 pm
Is there a limit on how much a person is supposed to drink? I guess I always just figured more is better but maybe not..

I used to drink a LOT of soda (a 12-pack a night with ease.) but I just switched over to water and kept on going with that. I always have a glass of water with me when I'm home.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 10:27 pm
<grin>
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 10:29 pm
I dunno, fishin, but I know there is such a thing as water toxicity in tots. If they drink to much water (not really that much) they can die from an imbalance in electrolites.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 10:30 pm
aha!

http://www.hhp.ufl.edu/keepingfit/ARTICLE/toomuchwater.htm
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 10:39 pm
whoa! that's a fascinating link, lil'k!

I voted for 1 to 2 glasses of water per day. I usually have one or two bottled waters at the office every afternoon.

We keep bottled water in the fridge at the office. When we have a guest, we offer them "coffee, tea, water?" and it's amazing that most people request "water".

Very Happy
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 10:39 pm
Interesting.. Maybe my water consumption level explains my cravings for salty foods (chips, etc..)? I use quite a bit when I cook too! lol
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 10:43 pm
Well, no reason not to keep drinking the H2O so long as you're eating the right foods.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 10:44 pm
I'm always thirsty, it seems. But, this time of year I am not interested in water. Don't think to drink it to quench my thirst. I'll opt for a hot cocoa or beer (bad!). Ah well, this thread will maybe get me back on track.

<sip, sip, sip>
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 10:52 pm
That is me sloshing around with 6-8.
My good friend the urologist told me a couple of years ago that it was the easiest best thing I could do to ensure that things keep working correctly (if you get my drift and I think you do.)

Of course, it has it's obvious side effects, excuse me for a moment, I'll be right back.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 10:57 pm
<hee hee>

I was pretty bad before my daughter came along, but I'm always urging her to drink water (especially now that it's sooooooo dry), and so find myself doing it as an example and also to inspire her. She's gotten better and better. Water is just much better overall than juice or other options (as long as she gets enough fruit.)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 11:02 pm
Both of the lil grrlz I care for drink a good amount of water. Especially when I'm around. They see that I have my big bottle of water every day.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 11:19 pm
To much I think, I spend a lot of time you know where.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 12:30 am
I know I don't drink as much as I should. I usually dring one tall glass a day (about 12 oz). Does the water in my coffee count?
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 08:40 am
Thanks for the clarification link on the H2o front littlek.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 07:52 pm
Gezzy. it seems the jury is still out on what constitues "water". Certainly some of the 64 Oz requirement can come from juice and tea. Milk is probably not on the 'water' list. Alcohol and coffee are probably not on the 'water' list either. I guess if you have 8-16 ozs from coffee/alcohol/tea/juice, and the rest water, you'd be doing pretty good. That's my feeling.
0 Replies