How many glasses of water do YOU drink?

quinn1

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 07:56 pm
Does Ice count?

Would the water I put into the coffee maker count?

Would my bottled ice tea count?

Are we talking plain old serious water?
Okay, I actually dont drink enough of it, but I know that...and thats a start..right?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 08:02 pm
I think I feel a google search coming on..... But, before I go, I know that sugar dehydrates you, so anything you swill that has a high sugar content will counter effect the water consumption.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 08:12 pm
two sides to the story. Sounds like the current data suggests we don't need so much water.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/796356.asp#BODY
http://www.mercola.com/2000/june/10/water.htm
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 08:16 pm
You know, thinking about it...
If I drank as much water as has been recommended in the past...like 8 glasses a day for cryin out loud...
Id have to work from the bathroom
I dont think thatd be good
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 08:31 pm
<grin> I guess I'm lucky that I can take my work in to the bathroom with me.....
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 08:39 pm
lol, yeah, I suppose there are those positions in which you can position yourself accordingly
0 Replies

JoanDark

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 01:06 am
I started drinking 8 to 10 8oz glasses of water a day 6 years ago when I quit smoking (wash the nicotine out of my system).
By now it is habit-I finish my Brita pitcher each day. Feel thirsty, and my lips get chapped in winter, if I don't.
Yes, it DOES have to come out. When I started I felt that was all I did all day-drink water and pee. But, by now, I'm accustomed to more frequent pit-stops too.
0 Replies

Smitty

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 01:41 am
Did not vote on this one for I do NOT know how many ounces of water are in my large mug. Still I go through 6 to 8 of those a day & have been doing this for simply ages. Know darn well it helps to keep my 'system' churning rather then a bit of clogging up.

Wonder if someone is monkeying around with the Site (at this late date) for I notice the "SpellCheck" is not working ---- my spelling, let alone my fingers on the keyboard are terrible so said SpellCheck does help? Sorry for disturbing the line of thought on this Thread, as it is a good one, but still the SpellCheck is to my liking.
0 Replies

Smitty

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 02:23 am
Sorry, but I should NOT be on the PC in these small hours. NOTHING the matter with the "SpellCheck" for somehow it got behind this forward part or whatever it is called & only when closing down for the night did I spot the SpellCheck hanging there.
I really do aapologize& no idea of how that happened.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 08:28 am
I voted for 6 - 8 glasses although sometimes I'm closer to 4 or 5 (depends on whether I refill the 1 liter bottle or not, and how much of the second fill-up I consume). Basically, I drink water all day, and then switch to milk at night (need that calcium, yanno, and some soy milk for other reasons).

I don't find the bathroom issue to be too bad, particularly now, since it's so dry in here. So I guess my body is using a lot of the water in my skin, hence less, er, evacuating. Then again, I may not be noticing the problem too much because I work at home.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 07:03 pm
frankly, I don't see what the issue is with peeing all the time. But, I guess you might get **** from the work evironment.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 07:07 pm
littlek- Just wait 'til you are a little bit older- Then you'll know the answer about the big deal with peeing.

In fact, at one point I was considering writing an encyclopedia of restrooms- rated one commode to four. Very Happy
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 07:19 pm
Ok, I have a question; how much is 64 Oz in metric? Or, how many quarts, that I can understand. But, please, no way I'm going to do some strange calculation here... I know I sit in front of a 'puter, but it's a quarter past two in the morning here... been done doing my job for today!

But! I almost forgot to tell ya! I used to drink wy too little, and realized that no chapstick in the world was going to relieve me from my chapped lips, water was the solution! So now I have between 2 and 3 liters a day. Works wonders
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 07:25 pm
I think 2 liters is very close to 64 ozs.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 07:26 pm
Liquid Measure
To Convert Into Multiply By
pints to liters 0.4732
quarts to liters 0.9464
gallons to liters 3.7854
liters to pints 2.1136
liters to quarts 1.0567
liters to gallons 0.2642

since 64 oz is 2 quarts I multiplied .9464 by2 and got 1.8928 liters
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 07:30 pm
I see I remembered wrong. Two liters equals nearly the same as a half gallon which is what we are all 'supposed' to drink daily.

Thanks Phoenix.

Here's a helpful link for conversion:
http://www.onlineconversion.com/volume.htm
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 07:48 pm
Thanks for doing the conversion for me!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 07:56 pm
And now for my next act...........

I had to take a test recently where you had to drink 32oz of water an hour before the test, and NOT go to the bathroom. I wonder who thought that up- the Marquis de Sade!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 07:57 pm
Is that for the disemboweling? Um, not your test, but the Marquis de Sade.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 08:00 pm
Did he disembowel? Missed that one!
0 Replies