I am not insane and there is nothing wrong with me! Hurrah!

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 11:55 am
I've never been in 'real' love (unless you count the emotional attachment I held to my first boyfriend who was totally unsuitable for me).

My friends laugh at me since after most dates I'll report back with statements like 'hmm, he had a bit of a weird chin' or 'yeah he's ok but he had a world of warcraft booklet in his room' etc. In fact since it always provokes a reaction I quite often exaggerate things to get laughs, but the point is that there's always been something slightly wrong with everyone I've been with and although I reason it out in my head with statements such as 'but he's got a degree, he's a nice guy, you both like similar things' I mainly feel awkward/weird/unsatisfied about it and I'd got to thinking that maybe I'm just to picky and I should lower my sights or something.

Anyway, last month I met someone that I DID really really like for a change, and it was EXACTLY how I thought it would be! In essence, I can't be with anyone who doesn't constantly intellectualise about the world in a similar manner to me and I don't perceive a spark with anyone who doesn't do this because there can be no intense manner of communication.

Our relationship has fucked up now, of course, I'm off to another country in a few months and he's got ex-girlfriend issues, but in some ways I don't care because it's really proved to me that my gut feeling has always been correct and that I should stop looking for facets within people's personalities such as 'oh he likes art therefore we might connect' and just relax about it because if it's there it's there and it will be obvious.

Anyway, this is a little bit of a non-post so sorry for those wanting a high level of entertainment. I'm just glad I've discovered it IS possible to really like people, they're just a bit rare. Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 11 • Views: 3,911 • Replies: 62

chai2

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 12:00 pm
How big is is penis?
Mame

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 12:06 pm
Have you met "sometime fun" right hereat A2K?
dyslexia

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 12:06 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
well, you are insane and there's too much wrong with you to enumerate.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 12:13 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

How big is is penis?

Hahaha. It is average length but a good girth.
However, since it got complicated the last few times I've seen him we haven't had sex, just talked.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 12:18 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
The Pentacle Queen wrote:
I'm just glad I've discovered it IS possible to really like people, they're just a bit rare.

Glad you figured that out. And if it's any help, you're not alone in seeing the relationship world like this.
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 12:20 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Have you met "sometime fun" right hereat A2K?

Hmm? I don't know that user... What threads did they start because you can't search for people on here.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 12:32 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
Mame is making a play on a poster's screen name..

and you can look people up. Type the screen name in the small white google custom search box at the upper right, and a person's threads (given you have typed the correct name) will come up; then click on the screen name, and you'll get the profile page.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 12:37 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

I'm just glad I've discovered it IS possible to really like people, they're just a bit rare.

Glad you figured that out. And if it's any help, you're not alone in seeing the relationship world like this.

Yeah... I'm sure a lot of people do. I'm glad I do, because it means I know what I like, yet... ******* hell I've met one boy in 22 years of my life there's going to be an awful lot of years of unsatisfaction.
failures art

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 03:47 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
Satisfaction shouldn't come from another person. If you spend the next 22 years before you meet the next one who rings you bell just right, it shouldn't mean you'll have 44 years of dissatisfaction.

Having said that, I doubt this will be the case.

A
R
T
ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 04:00 pm
@failures art,
Plus, the bad news is, there is something annoying about everyone, including, of course, ourselves. Wonderful people you are attracted to, however many, have feet of clay too. I learned to distrust euphoria, as it had a downside sometime later.

My old point of view, which I'll drag out again to see if I still think it, is that love is a product of caring, reciprocal care, of another human, and the things you go through together.

I know many couples that love each other that don't fit charts of similar this and that. Easily way more than couples who are a matching pair.
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 05:56 pm
@failures art,
failures art wrote:

Satisfaction shouldn't come from another person. If you spend the next 22 years before you meet the next one who rings you bell just right, it shouldn't mean you'll have 44 years of dissatisfaction.

Having said that, I doubt this will be the case.

A
R
T

Well I hope not, but you know me TKO I'm rarely blue.
It would just be nice to have sex more than once every 22 years.
chai2

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 05:59 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
how old are you?
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 06:07 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Plus, the bad news is, there is something annoying about everyone, including, of course, ourselves. Wonderful people you are attracted to, however many, have feet of clay too. I learned to distrust euphoria, as it had a downside sometime later.

My old point of view, which I'll drag out again to see if I still think it, is that love is a product of caring, reciprocal care, of another human, and the things you go through together.

I know many couples that love each other that don't fit charts of similar this and that. Easily way more than couples who are a matching pair.

Yes of course, there were a few annoying snags, his phone always had low battery, some of the lectures he gave me I didn't care about, but the important thing is that I know that I need someone I can talk to about intellectual wank and that is the one uncompromisable thing.
Obviously I wasn't fortunate enough to experience it past the euphoria stage.
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 06:07 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

how old are you?

22. Why?
chai2

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 06:16 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,

chai2 wrote:

how old are you?

22. Why?

I think you take yourself much too seriously.

On the other hand, you behave in the shallow manner of many 22 year olds, i.e. letting the shape of someones chin (or other body parts) bother you.

You feature yourself an intellectual, but you don't behave like one.

You've got a long road ahead of you, just relax a little and enjoy the scenery.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 06:25 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
Actually, I'm glad you could feel this good about someone, and understand that that is a kind of relief.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

What is so enjoyable about just what happened to you?

You met someone who jived with you intellecutally and besides the fact he has other girlfriend issues, (i.e. he is not free to have a realtionship with you) he just seemed "perfect."

So you've got nothing.

PS You don't agree with his "lectures"? - please tell me he's not your professor.

JTT

@chai2,
Quote:
On the other hand, you behave in the shallow manner of many 22 year olds, i.e. letting the shape of someones chin (or other body parts) bother you.

Those are simply manifestations of, "the bell, it didn't ring".

Quote:

I'm not sure that you'd be one called to ascend to the bench, Chai.
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 06:48 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

chai2 wrote:

how old are you?

22. Why?

I think you take yourself much too seriously.

You've got a long road ahead of you, just relax a little and enjoy the scenery.

I have a number of points I can make in regard to this but since I need to get to bed I think it will suffice to say currently that you don't know me and have based that entire statement on two threads I have made within the last few weeks which is pretty ironic considering the content of your post.

The thing is, this last guy: he's not that good looking and personally I couldn't give a flying ****, he could look like dog **** and I'd still want his mind. He's smaller than me but who cares. When people bore you it's easy to think about things you don't like in regards to them. When you tell your friends why you don't like someone it's easier to say it's because they have a small chin than to get called pretentious by saying you couldn't really connect with their thought process.

Osso has made the point to me before that I take myself too seriously, but being serious is the predominant reason I come on A2K- it's an outlet for that facet of my personality that I use because there are a lot of interesting minds on here. When I was thinking more I was mainly on the philosophy boards, it's how I started to use the site. When I'm enjoying my own brain it's because I'm thinking about the world from a series of different perspectives and I like to exist in that mindframe, I've got an enquiring mind. I'm not didactic in any of my opinions, or at least I try not to be. I've accepted the fact that this is what I'm like and that some other people don't like it or don't see the worth in thinking this way: so what?

I know you didn't mean it in this sense, but actually, you're right: I don't behave like an intellectual, I go out and drink and take drugs and **** up and come back with meaningless stories like a pretty outrageous 22 year old. But if you think intellectuals can't find a man's penis small when it is or get irritated by small things then maybe you should rethink the concept because no-one thought's constantly stick to one level of 'depth.'
I hate the term intellectual anyway, if you describe yourself as one you sound like a knob. People shy away from it, yet there is no replacement word.
Perhaps to say I have a describing mind may be a better turn of phrase.

I realise I have a long road ahead of me, thus why I recognised this as the first step, thus why I offered the experience up for critique and advice, thus why I'm a member of this forum in the first place.