I am not insane and there is nothing wrong with me! Hurrah!

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 06:54 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

What is so enjoyable about just what happened to you?

You met someone who jived with you intellecutally and besides the fact he has other girlfriend issues, (i.e. he is not free to have a realtionship with you) he just seemed "perfect."

So you've got nothing.

PS You don't agree with his "lectures"? - please tell me he's not your professor.

No he's not, ha. He just talks a lot.
Yes, but I can pinpoint it because talking about academic subjects can be awful sometimes and I don't always enjoy it when it's a bit prosaic:
I don't think it's to do with level of intelligence, but more like type of intelligence, he's an artist and quite astute and my brain works in the same way, I'm good at making perceptions but less good at making arguments or drawing upon facts.
That was what was so enjoyable: our conversations had the capacity to reach a lot of areas, it was like a big playground of ideas.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 06:59 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
On the other hand, you behave in the shallow manner of many 22 year olds, i.e. letting the shape of someones chin (or other body parts) bother you.

Those are simply manifestations of, "the bell, it didn't ring".

Quote:
You feature yourself an intellectual, but you don't behave like one.

I'm not sure that you'd be one called to ascend to the bench, Chai.

No, PQ seems to be bothered by this sort of thing with other people.

As to the 2nd part, I have no idea what you mean. What are you saying?

That I think of myself as an intellectual?

**** no.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 07:06 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
The Pentacle Queen wrote:

it will suffice to say currently that you don't know me and have based that entire statement on two threads I have made within the last few weeks which is pretty ironic considering the content of your post.

but, I have read much more of what you have had to say, over time.

whether you agree me me or not, I've always thought of you as a self-important, silly girl, who needs to get over herself.

Doesn't mean I care about you one way or the other, I truly don't. It's just an observation from reading your posts, over time.
failures art

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 07:36 pm
@chai2,
I don't think you read PQ right. She isn't saying that someone's chin bothers her, but that offering some sort of shallow remark about a man's chin is easier than going into why she didn't click with the guy mentally.

If PQ is being shallow, it's not about chins, it's in assuming her peers can't handle or comprehend these things. That, or giving the explanation itself is simply cumbersome and unnecessary.

A
R
T
JTT

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 07:42 pm
@chai2,
Can you remember Chai2 at 22, Chai2?
Below viewing threshold (view)
failures art

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 08:02 pm
@chai2,
I think you're being a bit harsh.

A
R
T
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 08:08 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
Doesn't mean I care about you one way or the other,

Nah, you just enjoy judging people, whether anyone has elected you the arbiter of character and maturity on this site or not. Personally, I find the combination of judging and not caring quite lame, but far be it from me to press the point. As you say so eloquently yourself, you don't care.
JTT

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 08:09 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
You didn't answer my question.
Do you seriously think I think of myself as an intellectual?

No. You seem to me to be a really bright non-intellectual, Chai.

Quote:
No wonder I have you on ignore.
I only read your statement because I logged myself out.

Sometimes luck brings you the nicest things.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 09:40 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
far be it from me to press the point.

Actually, I changed my mind; this is way too good to let go of. Just look at the chronology:

Sunday, 1:55 pm
The Pentacle Queen starts a thread about her love life.

Sunday, 2:00 pm
Chai, supposedly uninterested in The Pentacle Queen and her love life, submits the first contribution to TPQ's thread a mere five minutes later. Her contribution is to ask a hard question: "How big is his penis?" (Notice there is no mention of sex in TPQ's initial post.)

Sunday, 2:13 pm
The Pentacle Queen, whose initial post had said nothing to suggest that penis size was relevant to her topic, nevertheless answers Chai's question.

Sunday, 7:59 pm
Chai, still uninterested in The Pentacle Queen, asks her second hard question: "How old are you?" In subsequent posts, she raises questions about the maturity and depth of The Pentacle Queen's Character. Not six hours have passed since Chai's initial penis-size question, which evidently was mature, substantial, and grown-up.

Since Chai didn't consider this topic interesting, surely there must have been other A2K topics that interested her more? Funny you should ask. So just for perspective, here's a screenshot of Chai's recent A2K submissions. Of her latest six, five went straight to this thread, underlining Chai's utter lack of interest in The Pentacle Queen and her love life.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll88/guthobla/A2K/chai_history.png

The hilarity of it all is difficult to bear. But it's worth it.
JTT

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 09:56 pm
@Thomas,
Quote:
Her contribution is to ask a hard question: "How big is his penis?" (Notice there is no mention of sex in TPQ's initial post.)

I agree with you overall, Thomas, but I think the above was tongue in cheek, heavy sarcasm.
Thomas

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 10:03 pm
@JTT,
I know. Back in my day, I've been known to use sarcasm myself. Fortunately though, that part of my life is long over.
JTT

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 10:10 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
The thing that you should be thrilled to death over, PQ, is that at your age, the chance that the bell is sometime really gonna ring should make you giddy with anticipation because there aren't any bells in one's life that are anywhere near that electrifying.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 10:22 pm
Wow, Chai certainly has used life to learn well the skills of buzz-kill, I suppose that is something..
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 01:16 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

The Pentacle Queen wrote:

it will suffice to say currently that you don't know me and have based that entire statement on two threads I have made within the last few weeks which is pretty ironic considering the content of your post.

but, I have read much more of what you have had to say, over time.

whether you agree me me or not, I've always thought of you as a self-important, silly girl, who needs to get over herself.

Doesn't mean I care about you one way or the other, I truly don't. It's just an observation from reading your posts, over time.

Fair enough, I understand people have different interests, I understand how my obsession with development is probably annoying if you don't think that way yourself.
I don't know if I'm self important, I post a lot about myself on here (don't read them if you don't like it) and I enjoy (and can't really change) the way I think and I want to grow. As for silly, to be honest I think that you've made yourself look like a bit of an idiot on this thread, but I get how this could be tied to your former point if you just find me annoying.

It would be good if you'd actually offered some kind of reason and/or feedback or posted something of substance instead of ignoring my lengthy reply under the (amazingly mature) pretence you 'don't care one way or the other'- if that's not a cop out because you can't make an argument then I don't know what is really.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 01:19 am
@failures art,
failures art wrote:

I don't think you read PQ right. She isn't saying that someone's chin bothers her, but that offering some sort of shallow remark about a man's chin is easier than going into why she didn't click with the guy mentally.

If PQ is being shallow, it's not about chins, it's in assuming her peers can't handle or comprehend these things. That, or giving the explanation itself is simply cumbersome and unnecessary.

A
R
T

Yeah probably. I need to find the right way or phrasing it. I don't really mentally click with most of my friends anyway, perhaps 2 or 3, but as I said it's to do with type not level of intelligence, I have some very clever friends.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 01:21 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Thomas wrote:
far be it from me to press the point.

Actually, I changed my mind; this is way too good to let go of. Just look at the chronology:

Sunday, 1:55 pm
The Pentacle Queen starts a thread about her love life.

Sunday, 2:00 pm
Chai, supposedly uninterested in The Pentacle Queen and her love life, submits the first contribution to TPQ's thread a mere five minutes later. Her contribution is to ask a hard question: "How big is his penis?" (Notice there is no mention of sex in TPQ's initial post.)

Sunday, 2:13 pm
The Pentacle Queen, whose initial post had said nothing to suggest that penis size was relevant to her topic, nevertheless answers Chai's question.

Sunday, 7:59 pm
Chai, still uninterested in The Pentacle Queen, asks her second hard question: "How old are you?" In subsequent posts, she raises questions about the maturity and depth of The Pentacle Queen's Character. Not six hours have passed since Chai's initial penis-size question, which evidently was mature, substantial, and grown-up.

Since Chai didn't consider this topic interesting, surely there must have been other A2K topics that interested her more? Funny you should ask. So just for perspective, here's a screenshot of Chai's recent A2K submissions. Of her latest six, five went straight to this thread, underlining Chai's utter lack of interest in The Pentacle Queen and her love life.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll88/guthobla/A2K/chai_history.png

The hilarity of it all is difficult to bear. But it's worth it.

Ha, that's amazing.
I forget there's people on here that just come on to try and feel good about themselves in relation to others. Hasn't happened to me for a while.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 02:24 am
@Thomas,
There you go again.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 04:22 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

I know. Back in my day, I've been known to use sarcasm myself. Fortunately though, that part of my life is long over.

You? Sarcasm??? Never!
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 05:17 am
and here I am again.

Could it be at that time, there was nothing else that interested me? Looked like there was some pretty slim pickings at that moment, while I was waiting for the dye on my hair to process.
The reason for my last post, Honestly? I had red dye on my head, and the office in my house seemed like a better place to sit, than in a upholstered chair in my living room.

Now? I just woke up, and I'm on my first sip of coffee, and don't feel like thinking.

I stand by what I said.
At 22, it's normal to be silly and self important.

At 51, I'm very silly. That's mostly because I've figured out I'm not important at all.