I am not insane and there is nothing wrong with me! Hurrah!

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 09:39 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
You're young and chances are you're hanging out with young people. Many haven't developed an interest or interests similar to yours at that age, so it doesn't surprise me that you haven't previously found it. But now you have, so you have cause to anticipate that. Good for you.

Sorry that this thread is so self involved, but I thought of something last night, and remembered I'd heard it before.
I met up with someone who was 16 years older than me, and we got on like a house on fire. The men I've best got on with, about 5, have all been at least 7 years older than me if not more... but I never really put two and two together until last night. The guy mentioned in this thread was the first in the chain, so, when I get back I suppose I'll have to see whether the spark was because he was the first older man I've ever spent a lot of time with, or whether it was really real.
Not that there's stuff WRONG with men my own age, I can have a laugh, but I find them slighly vacant and unengaged a lot of the time.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 09:43 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
Quote:
I can have a laugh, but I find them slighly vacant and unengaged a lot of the time.
Timid around women is another common complaint that I hear about younger guys..
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 06:44 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
The Pentacle Queen wrote:

Quote:
You're young and chances are you're hanging out with young people. Many haven't developed an interest or interests similar to yours at that age, so it doesn't surprise me that you haven't previously found it. But now you have, so you have cause to anticipate that. Good for you.

Sorry that this thread is so self involved, but I thought of something last night, and remembered I'd heard it before.
I met up with someone who was 16 years older than me, and we got on like a house on fire. The men I've best got on with, about 5, have all been at least 7 years older than me if not more... but I never really put two and two together until last night. The guy mentioned in this thread was the first in the chain, so, when I get back I suppose I'll have to see whether the spark was because he was the first older man I've ever spent a lot of time with, or whether it was really real.
Not that there's stuff WRONG with men my own age, I can have a laugh, but

I find them slighly vacant and unengaged a lot of the time.
I got rejected by a girl about whom I cared A LOT,
who had made social overtures to me.
I was rejected by a girl named Joyce, in large part, because I was not vacant enuf.
She complained about me spending too much time
discussing abstract theory (e.g., qua current events and what is right or rong).

David
0 Replies