Ha! It's Back! RealJohnBoy's A2K NFL "Pick-Um" Game!

BillW

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 07:58 pm
@realjohnboy,
Monday's Vikings-Bears game is still slated to go ahead as planned at the University of Minnesota's TCF Bank Stadium. ...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 08:21 pm
@realjohnboy,
I'm in my usual state of rooting for the 49'ers and picking another team.

It's leaking again through my bathroom skylight. Needs to be replaced, yawn.
Some water showing up through the kitchen door for the first time. Time for a threshold replacement/door guard replacement. Yawn.

Cooking a nice soup so far. Sauteed onions, garlic, scads of mushrooms, can of stewed tomatoes mexican style (said to be some green pepper and celery in there and I doubt it), leftover homemade white beans (some carrots in there), a previously cooked piece of bacon torn up, and some handfuls of broken up spaghettini, pepper - a little black, some red flakes, pinch of dried mexican oregano.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 08:21 pm
@realjohnboy,
At the university of minnesota stadium..
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 08:27 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
I'm in my usual state of rooting for the 49'ers and picking another team.

I don't pick who I want to win....... But, I don't then care if who I root for loses either - until Johnnie ups the purse that is......
ossobuco

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 08:33 pm
@BillW,
I vary. Sometimes it seems impossible to choose and I'll pick the team I like (at the time). It's more usual that I read up at some length and find what the analysts have to say, but they can disagree. So then 'hunch' may come into it. I haven't gotten into betting stats.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 08:40 pm
@ehBeth,
the whole shebang

WEEK #15 -

Thursday night - December 16th:

San Francisco @ San Diego

Sunday - December 19th - early:

Kansas City @ St Louis

Buffalo @ Miami

Cleveland @ Cincinnati

Houston @ Tennessee

Philadelphia @ NY Giants ick

Detroit @ Tampa Bay

New Orleans @ Baltimore

Arizona @ Carolina <naptime?>

Washington @ Dallas

Jacksonville @ Indianapolis hmmmmmmmm this feels like one I'll dither about

Sunday - late:

Atlanta @ Seattle

NY Jets @ Pittsburgh

Denver @ Oakland

Sunday night:

Green Bay @ New England

Monday night:

Chicago @ Minnesota

24 - 13

0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 08:40 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

It's more usual that I read up at some length and find what the analysts have to say...

Now, that is a novel idea.
I wish I had thought of doing that.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 08:48 pm
@realjohnboy,
I think if I could tv watch the games, that would only confuse me..
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 08:56 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
I haven't gotten into betting stats.

Be careful there, cause they give points and RJB don't!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 09:01 pm
@realjohnboy,
I don't know how many season ticket holders there are but the TCF Bank stadium only holds 19,000 and it's going to be first come, first serve.

Quote:
All ticket holders will use their Vikings-Bears game tickets for Mall of America Field at the Metrodome to enter TCF Bank Stadium and seating will be general admission by lower and upper levels.

Mall of America Field at the Metrodome Lower-Level Ticket Holders (100 level)
Ticket holders with lower-level tickets (100 level) will get lower-level seating access at TCF Bank Stadium (general admission) - UNTIL SEATING IS AT CAPACITY. Gates will open at 5:00 p.m. for those 100 level ticket holders with line queues starting at 4:00 p.m. The value of all lower-level tickets will be considered to be $77. If the face value of the original 100-level season ticket is greater than $77, a credit for the difference will be applied to the Season Ticket Owner's account toward 2011 season tickets. For single-game purchasers, a credit will be applied via Ticketmaster.

Mall of America Field at the Metrodome Upper-Level Ticket Holders (200 level)
Ticket holders with upper-level tickets (200 level) will only have upper level seating access at TCF Bank Stadium (general admission). Gates will open at 5:30 p.m. for those 200 level ticket holders. The value of all upper-level tickets will be considered to be $29. If the face value of the original 200-level season ticket is greater than $29, a credit for the difference will be applied to the Season Ticket Owner's account toward 2011 season tickets. For single-game purchasers, a credit will be applied via Ticketmaster.

Unused Season Tickets for Mall of America Field at the Metrodome
Season Ticket Owners that do not use their tickets will receive full credit on their account if the ticket goes unused AND is mailed to the Vikings Ticket Office (425 Chicago Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55415) POST-MARKED by Saturday, December 18.

IMPORTANT: This is a first-come, first-served event. The Vikings anticipate this game to be well-attended and having a valid ticket does not guarantee admittance into TCF Bank Stadium. In the event that some ticket holders are turned away on game night due to capacity, only the original ticket account owners will receive a full refund.

Game Logistics
The Vikings and the University of Minnesota have agreed no alcoholic beverages will be served. No outside food or beverages will be allowed into the stadium. Game parking details will be announced in the coming days.

"This is a difficult situation with no easy solution, so we greatly appreciate our fans' patience in this process," said Steve LaCroix, Vikings Vice President of Sales and Marketing and Chief Marketing Officer. "We are making every effort to accommodate as many Vikings fans as possible and play a home game here in Minnesota. We're excited about celebrating the 50th season with a return to outdoor football." Source

The weather forecast calls for 16 deg (F) temps and snow.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 09:04 pm
http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/nfl/schedule

I love this kind of thing

Quote:
Winning Weather The most favorable weather conditions for the Indianapolis Colts are games with winds 15 mph or less, without precipitation and temperatures between 60 and 70 degrees Fahrenheit.

I still don't really know the team names, but I LOVE this stuff !
Rockhead

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 09:06 pm
@ehBeth,
do they do horoscopes, too...?
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 09:07 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/nfl/schedule

I love this kind of thing

Quote:
Winning Weather The most favorable weather conditions for the Indianapolis Colts are games with winds 15 mph or less, without precipitation and temperatures between 60 and 70 degrees Fahrenheit.

I still don't really know the team names, but I LOVE this stuff !

In other words --
what a bunch of weenies!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 10:28 pm
Someone better shoot the 49-ers and put them out of their misery. This game's way out of control
BillW

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 11:14 pm
@Ragman,
done

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/joseasreyes/joseasreyes0805/joseasreyes080500043/3015094.jpg
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 07:38 am
@realjohnboy,
Switch my Hou-Tenn pick to Houston. More I've thought about it, the more I think Houston will win. Of course, now I'll start thinking even more and decide to change back tomorrow, but maybe not.

Thanks.
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 08:23 am
@realjohnboy,
WEEK #15 - remaining picks

Kansas City
Miami
Cleveland
Tennessee
Philadelphia
Tampa Bay
Baltimore
Arizona
Dallas
Indianapolis
Atlanta
Pittsburgh
Oakland
New England
Chicago 35-21
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 03:12 pm
Something happened during the game last night which the Charger's team found funny and the cameras showed some of them laughing and smiling.

What fantastic teeth they all had.
panzade

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 03:26 pm

Kan City
Miami
Cincinnati
Houston
NY Giants
Tampa Bay
Baltimore
Carolina
Dallas
Indianapolis

Atlanta
Pittsburgh
Oakland

New England

Chicago 9-3
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 03:30 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Chicago 9-3

9-3? Region has it as 10-6. What do they know that the rest of us don't?