Ha! It's Back! RealJohnBoy's A2K NFL "Pick-Um" Game!

lmur

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 10:46 am
@realjohnboy,
WEEK #13 Remaining picks:

Minnesota
Miami
Tennessee
NY Giants
Green Bay
New Orleans
Chicago
Denver
San Diego
Atlanta
Arizona
Seattle
Indianapolis
Baltimore
New England 35-21
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 04:36 pm
@lmur,
Thanks, Lmur, for your picks.
How is the weather there in Ireland? I saw Spendius post on another thread that he wasn't sure he was going to make it to (and back from) his pub.
Don't the pubs deliver pints like we get pizzas?
CowDoc

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 04:49 pm
@realjohnboy,
Oh, well, since I head for home tomorrow......

Minnesota
Miami
Jacksonville
New York Giants
Green Bay
New Orleans
Chicago
Kansas City
San Diego
Atlanta
St. Louis
Seattle
Indianapolis
Baltimore
New England 24, Jets 20
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 04:54 pm
@CowDoc,
So how is Fort Worth?
panzade

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 05:09 pm
Minnesota
Miami
Jack
NY Giants
Green Bay
New Orleans
Chicago
Kansas
San Diego
Atlanta
St Louis
Seattle
Indianapolis
Baltimore
New England 30-21
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 06:49 pm

this could have major rammerpercussions on the Big Game (aka NYJ @ NEP) ...

Quote:
Three days before the biggest game of the season, the New York Jets suffered a major setback that will affect them long past Monday night's showdown against the New England Patriots.

Safety Jim Leonhard, the glue to the secondary and their top punt returner, fractured his right tibia Friday in a freak collision in practice, the Jets confirmed.

The 5-foot-8, 188-pound Leonhard collided with wide receiver Patrick Turner and was carted off the field, leaving teammates and coaches shaken. That portion of practice was closed to the media.

Leonhard was scheduled for surgery Friday night at Morristown Memorial Hospital. There was no damage to the fibula, knee or ankle, and the fracture didn't break the skin, according to the Jets. Leonhard is expected to miss the remainder of the season, although the Jets wouldn't confirm that, saying they wanted to wait until after surgery before commenting on his status.

"It doesn't look good," one team source said.

Minutes after practice, a somber Rex Ryan began his news conference by saying, "We've got some terrible news." Ryan, who considers the heady Leonhard the quarterback of the defense, called it "a huge blow to us." Defensive coordinator Mike Pettine said "we were all crushed" when the injury occurred.
(espn)
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 10:01 pm
@realjohnboy,
Haven't been able to really see any of Fort Worth, rjb. Spent all the last three days in the Southlake town center. We're done at noon tomorrow, and we're supposed to get a tour of the new Cowboys Stadium before heading for the airport to start back home. Not a lot else to report, I'm sorry to say.
0 Replies

Miz Cowdoc

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 10:17 pm
@realjohnboy,
Minn
Miami
Tenn
Giants
Green Bay
New Orleans
Chicago
KC
San Diego
T. Bay
St. Louis
Seattle
Indy
Pitts

New England 27 -24
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 10:27 pm
@realjohnboy,
Fort Worth, Indiana, was a spark for me as a kid.
we stayed at a motel, which was back then a jump from cabins. I'd call it the
Tour Inn, but not sure.
There were beds, twins in my memory, jutting into a kind of console at right angles.

That was the trip from Dayton, when my mother got stung by a hornet flying in the car window and went into anaphylaxis.

Stories, we all have stories.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 10:09 am
New Orleans
Bears (this doesn't bode well for the Bears - they tend to lose when I pick them)
Green Bay
Tenn
KC
Miami
NYG
San Diego
Minn
Indy
St Louis
Seattle
Atlanta
Baltimore
NE (21-17)
spendius

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 11:53 am
@JPB,
Eagles.

Vikings
Dolphins
Titans
Giants
Packers
Saints
Bears
Chiefs

Chargers
Falcons
Rams
Seahawks
Colts

Ravens

Patriots 17--10
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 02:35 pm
@spendius,
Excellent! All of the gang is here plus BillW...except EhBeth still has 3 games she is mulling over.
spendius

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 02:54 pm
@realjohnboy,
I've no objection to Bill giving his predictions but it is out of order if he is entered in the rankings having avoided those difficult weeks. That would be like giving the Panthers a place in Superbowl just because they applied.
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 03:03 pm
@spendius,
Bill will be a player in the weekly guessing game but he clearly is too late to get a spot in the season's rankings. I never made a rule on how many games a player had to pick in. I wanted to have some flexibility. In my mind, though, 85% is a reasonable expectation.
spendius

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 03:10 pm
@realjohnboy,
No.. 100% is de rigeur. But you're the boss. My Title could be decided on one interception in Week 1. I would take the 'ump if that happened.
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 03:30 pm
@spendius,
I disagree. There was that hurricane in Houston that had Edgar treading water for awhile and without power. There were instances of family crises that were more important than playing here.
Certainly, if I noticed a pattern of a player declining to pick in games predicted to be very close (there are a couple of those this week), I would raise the bar.
Yes, I am the boss and I do tend to make up rules on the fly sometimes. But after running this for a few years, I think I understand who my audience is: people who typically have only a passing interest in the NFL and view this thread as an amusing diversion.
Nothing more.
spendius

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 04:15 pm
@realjohnboy,
I was only kidding Johnny. I was having a friendly dig at Bill actually. He sometimes comes on the battle of wits on Trivia. I'm in favour of ed getting 3 bonus points for having to put up with a hurricane.

I don't really understand passing interests. I'm an NFL fanatic now and I didn't know what a wide receiver was until I joined this. Or a 1st down.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 04:50 pm
@realjohnboy,
halfway through a weekend intensive dance workshop
off to find my original picks and finish them off
if the workshop hasn't finished me off
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 04:52 pm
@ehBeth,
Ehbeth needs:
Jacksonville @ Tennessee
Atlanta @ Tampa Bay