Ha! It's Back! RealJohnBoy's A2K NFL "Pick-Um" Game!

farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 10:59 am
@realjohnboy,
Noon and no sign of any snow here in Penns woods. Buncha **** if they knock off the game .
Ragman

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 11:03 am
@realjohnboy,
chuckling
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 11:14 am
@farmerman,
Just heard that the heaviest snow is in Philly is forecast to fall during game time. "Snow, heavy at times, will cover the field. NW winds occasionally gusting over 40 mph will make passing/kicking games very challenging."
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 11:27 am
I have been trolling through various articles re the Vikings @ Eagles game. The concern seems to involve fans getting to/from the game rather than with the game itself.
I stumbled across a compilation of video of games played in blizzard-like conditions. Surprisingly, passing QB's have often done well. They know where the receivers are going to be. Defenders can't make the quick moves needed to cover them.
I hope that the game goes on, even if the stadium is empty.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 11:32 am
@realjohnboy,
Regardless of MJ-D being out, I will not change my pick for Jax-Skins game. Even without M J-D, Skins will still shoot themselves in the foot.

Watching wearily the results of this one.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 12:09 pm
We're off! Good luck to everyone in today's games, in dealing with the NE blizzard and in eating up the left-overs from yesterday.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 12:22 pm
@Ragman,
Its being reported that the NFL has moved the game to tuesday night.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 12:45 pm
@ossobuco,
Dad was doing much better when I left to head home late Saturday. Chomping at the bits to get out of the hospital. He was tired of getting poked. It was basically a kidney stone issue that caused an infection, high temp and a blood pressure drop. They ran a stent up him to push the stone back into the kidney and once the get the infection under control, he will return to have the stent removed and the stones pulverized and removed.

Thanks all for the concern. I appreciate it.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 02:03 pm
Good news, CoastalRat.
The Minnesota-Philadelphia game has been moved to Tuesday night. Both teams are scheduled to play 5 days later on Sunday, January 2nd.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 02:37 pm
@CoastalRat,
Good deal. Get well wishes to him.
jespah

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 03:38 pm
@Ragman,
Good news, CR.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 03:41 pm
Only McGentrix and Miz Cowdoc picked the Redskins. The lady from Salmon, Idaho, is 8-1. She also had Detroit. A couple of players are 7-2.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 03:42 pm
@realjohnboy,
I woulda took the Lions today.

Miami is horrible at home...

at least Alex is smiling.

and the Giants are getting their ass handed to them. go George...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 03:53 pm
I did take the Lions. On the other hand.. Jax and Dallas.

I'm going to be fairly aggravated at myself if Oakland wins.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 06:30 pm
I have a self-imposed rule about never, ever calling a game until it is over. But my back is hurting and I want to go to bed. It looks like Miz Cowdoc and Region are in control this week.
CowDoc

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 07:46 pm
@realjohnboy,
...and she would have been in control of her fantasy playoff game if Peyton had walked into the end zone instead of sliding down at the four yard line. Bummer!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 06:47 am

49'er brass couldn't wait another game.
coach singletary has been shown the door...
Ragman

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 09:14 am
@Region Philbis,
I liked Mike S and thought he was a good (non-cookie-cutter) coach. I hope he has a good 'soft landing'. Perhaps he can surface on TN when they get rid of Fisher. Or at NY Giants when Coughlin is tossed aside.

Coughlin has lost his grip on reality and of the team. Witness his publicly calling out the rookie punter after he farked up and blew the game. He should have done that in private. Giants (and Manning) have a major psyche problem.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 01:23 pm
A little housekeeping. Miz Cowdoc is 11-3 and has New Orleans over Atlanta tonight and Philadelphia over Minneapolis tomorrow night. I was wrong about Region still being in contention. He is 9-5 and also has N.O. and Philly, as does JPB who is 10-4. Mysteryman is 10-4 and is picking Atlanta and Philly. He still has a chance.
Ragman

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 02:00 pm
@realjohnboy,
Am I drain-bamaged and unable to count? Am I not 10-4 also?