Ha! It's Back! RealJohnBoy's A2K NFL "Pick-Um" Game!

lmur

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2010 01:00 pm
@realjohnboy,
4 degrees celcius forecast for tomorrow after a month of sub-zero temps in this part of the world.

Time to iron my mankini.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2010 03:30 pm
@realjohnboy,
Ah, man, missed getting to pick the easy game. Oh well. My dad was admitted to the hospital up in NC, so we were travelling and I forgot to get it in. So since I'm even later than I was 2 weeks ago, I doubt I'll lose another game this week.

Dallas
Chicago
New England
Baltimore
St Louis
Kansas City
Detroit
Jacksonville
Houston
San Diego
Indianapolis
Tampa Bay
NY Giants
Philadelphia
Atlanta 35-27
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2010 03:36 pm
@CoastalRat,
I gave you Pittsburgh over Carolina based on who you would have picked. We all hope your dad is okay.

(I love being able to make up rules)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2010 06:25 pm
@CoastalRat,
How is your dad? Not our business, but tell us if you want to.
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2010 07:13 pm
Is there a bad smell in here? It smells like Dallas.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2010 07:35 pm
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
Only Tico and Region are choosing Arizona later today over Dallas.

I'm guessing they're both liking what they see so far.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2010 07:36 pm
@CoastalRat,
Sorry to hear about your dad, CR.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2010 09:54 pm
That's it. Panzade throws in the towel for this year. I just can't believe how the 'Boys let me down.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2010 09:58 pm
@panzade,
Oh, stop it, you might have done well otherwise.
Ah, sorry, let me not be snippy to the person who gave me that great cole slaw reipe.
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2010 10:04 pm
It was an exciting end, but the Cowboy's played a terrible game.
Congrats to Region and to Tico (who is probably dancing around his shed).
Fortunately, I got enough Fantasy Points to stay in the race with George in that game until tomorrow.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 06:37 am
@Ticomaya,

Quote:
Arizona

http://www.bladesoffunny.com/wp-content/uploads/fist-bump.jpg
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 08:46 am
Good morning. We have only gotten an inch or two of snow, with another few inches expected. Good luck to our New England brethren who are going to get walloped later today and tomorrow.
As a group, we agreed on 86% of our picks this week. We got walloped in the Dallas loss last night. We are unanimous in picking New England over Buffalo, Baltimore against Cleveland, Tampa Bay versus Seattle and Philadelphia hosting Minneapolis.
We have just one game listed as a tossup- NY Giants at Green Bay.
Ragman, George, Spendius, LiontamerX, Lmur, Rhys and Panzade agreed with the majority on every game. Of course, that was before the Dallas loss.
farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 09:19 am
@realjohnboy,
At this time, even before a single snowflake has been spotted, Phila is talking about postponing the Minneapolis game because of the exp[ected snowfall and wind. If this turns out to be some fluke foisted by the Weather Channel, there will be reprisals
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 09:26 am
Thanks for the heads up, FM. 30 degrees-feels like 17- with a wind out of the north at 22 mph and snow predicted. The north wind runs straight down the field.
panzade

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 09:29 am
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Oh, stop it, you might have done well otherwise.

Thanks osso. You always set me straight when I start whining.
jespah

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 09:45 am
@panzade,
The snow wallop has begun.
Ragman

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 09:51 am
@jespah,
Snow..what snow? Today it's about 53 deg and I'm seeing a bright overcast with 30-40 mph gusts here in Sarasota. Yesterday we had a glorious high of 68 deg and sunny skies. However, tonight we'll have a hard freeze.

Speaking of yesterday, I visited my widowed sister across town, bringing my Border Collie Brady. He decided he wanted to chase a ball and take a swim in her pool. He can't throw like his namesake QB, but he's a good receiver.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 09:52 am
@jespah,
http://www.weather.com/outlook/weather-news/news/articles/nfl-gametime-weather-index_2010-12-17
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 10:48 am
@realjohnboy,
Pretty day here, even though it's overcast. Five above at dawn, with a predicted high of near twenty - those are Fahrenheit numbers, Lmur - and a thirty percent chance of snow with less than an inch accumulation. Since we still have eight to ten inches on the ground (it's settled over the past couple of weeks) that's not a bad weather forecast for the Idaho mountains. Hope y'all had a great Christmas day. Dallas appeared to go home for the holiday a little earlier than they should have.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 10:56 am
Lmur told this on the jokes thread earlier today:
It has been snowing hard here in Ireland for 3 days. My wife has been staring through the window. If this keeps up I am going to have to let her in.