Mosque to be Built Near Ground Zero

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:24 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Except your retaliation has no real significance; it's based on your prejudice and ignorance; nothing else.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I put that effing idiot on ignore long ago, CI. He is as repulsive to freedom loving Americans as any Bin Laden or Saddam Hussein.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:25 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

We shoud all be polite to one another.
When someone intentionally offends, as he has done too ofen,
then retaliation in kind is appropriate.

When I was young, I was taught that the appropriate thing to do is to be polite, no matter what the other person does. Otherwise, it reflects poorly upon you - even if you are angry and feel like insulting them.

YOU intentionally offend here all the time, with your disparaging racial and ethnic remarks, bigot. Does that mean that you ought to be insulted and given offense all the time?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

OSD, You are a little man who is one of the most ignorant on a2k. AJAs fought in the Pacific in American intelligence that ended up saving many American lives and credited with winning the war against Japan. In Europe, the AJAs 442/100th battalion was the most decorated unit of any war that America was involved in.

I had two great uncles in the 442nd. The family is quite proud of this.

A
R
T
Intrepid

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:31 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
My opinion of you couldn't have got much lower, but you have succeeded me convincing me that you are more than a clueless gun nut. You are one sorry human being.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgar, I give a lot on a2k alot of heat when I believe they deserve it, and ask them to provide evidence for their position. I also tell them to challenge my statements when they believe I have mistated facts or ideas about any topic I participate in. They have never prepared that list for me. It's the same with OSD, he has the mind of a child who cannot take the heat, and acts like a juvenile on these boards.

It doesn't bother me that he makes an ass out of himself, because there are many like him on a2k. They never seem to grow up. Those of any intelligence should see the truth of my opinion and others concerning the likes of OSD, spendi, ican, and okie.

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
OSD, You are a little man who is one of the most ignorant on a2k. AJAs fought in the Pacific in American intelligence that ended up saving many American lives and credited with winning the war against Japan. In Europe, the AJAs 442/100th battalion was the most decorated unit of any war that America was involved in.
Were YOU one of them ??

I cannot in good conscience say that the Japs are bad; not now.
In candor, I will admit that thay have a lot to recommend them; for real.
I am objecting to the rudeness of only ONE Jap Jerk: YOU, based on your impoliteness.
Most of your posts r rude.

Whether u r a jerk or not depends upon your choice of personal demeanor.

David
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:35 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
No, but my cousin was; I was only six years old.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:36 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Referring to someone as a 'Jap' is like calling them a Kike or a Nigger. It is a slur used to incite anger in folks of Japanese descent.

Do you even realize that you are being offensive? Or are you just clueless?

Cycloptichorn
Intrepid

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:37 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:
You are one sick SOB.
Look, Jap Jerk: when u make snide remarks about people,
u have to expect counter-snidery. That 's how it works.

If u choose to be POLITE, in the tradition of your ancestors,
then POLITENESS is returned to u also. Unless u r very young,
it shoud not be necessary to instruct u in these matters.

Incidentally, the Ignore button works very well. I suggest that u consider using it.

David

My wife had a relative that was captured and tortured by Japanese in Hong Kong and died in a POW camp in Japan. Even with that, I cannot imagine the hatred, bigotry and utter lack of sense of decency that you display.

All I can say is that MENSA must have very low standards to have you as a member.

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:37 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
He's clueless AND ignorant.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:39 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid, Don't confuse MENSA intelligence with common sense or humanity.
Intrepid

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Neither do I. Just as I don't confuse education with intelligence. I would just expect a bit more from somebody who purports to be in the upper chambers of intelligence.

You and I have crossed swords on several occasions as well. That is no reason to go to the bottom of the pit as David has done. He makes me ashamed to share the same planet.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:46 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:
Quote:

My wife had a relative that was captured and tortured by Japanese in Hong Kong and died in a POW camp in Japan. Even with that, I cannot imagine the hatred, bigotry and utter lack of sense of decency that you display

Sorry I skipped over this post of yours, but what I find more rewarding is the simple fact that even the Chinese in China or the US do not hold the kind of hatred David does. Many companies in China today are joint ventures with Japan. We also have many Chinese in our family today.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:47 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:
My opinion of you couldn't have got much lower, but you have succeeded me convincing
me that you are more than a clueless gun nut. You are one sorry human being.
1. I have no sorrow. Several things that I am concerned with are turning out very well; better than expected.

2. Richard, truthfully now:
do u honestly believe that I coud POSSIBLY care less than I already don 't care concerning what u r convinced about ??

David
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:48 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
Um, they don't run the majority of 'Islam.' This is an evidence-free statement
Wahhabism is on the march, and has become enormously powerful. If we had any good sense we would demand that this be put down by Islam before we made any grand gestures of tolerance towards Islam. As of this moment Islams failure to so the right thing should disqualify them from erecting this planned sham ode to tolerance near Ground Zero. It is not the West's tolerance if Islam that is in Question, in light of the spread of Wahhabism it is Islams tolerance of the West that in doubt.

Quote:
There have always been two reactions in the Muslim world to an awareness of things going wrong. One is, we are falling behind the modern world; the answer therefore is to modernize, to catch up with the modern world. The other is, as we see now, what has gone wrong is that we have tried to ape the modern, i.e., infidel world and the right answer is to return to the true and authentic traditions of Islam. That was the Wahhabi line, and Wahhabism is a peculiarly violent and fanatical version of this.

This would have remained an extremist fringe in a marginal country except for the unfortunate combination of two circumstances. One was the creation of a Saudi kingdom in the mid-'20s. The House of Saud were the local tribal sheikhs of the area where the Wahhabis flourished and followed the Wahhabi faith. By creating the kingdom, controlling the holy cities of Mecca and Medina, and also therefore the pilgrimage, it gave them enormous power and influence in the Islamic world. And the other, of course, was oil and money, which gave them resources beyond the dreams of avarice.

So what you are getting now in the Muslim world, all over the Muslim world, and more particularly among the Muslim communities in non-Muslim countries is the spread of the Wahhabi version of Islam, which, as I said, is about as typical of what you might call mainstream Islam as the KKK of mainstream Christianity. Wahhabism is the major trend of that sort. There are others, the so-called Salafia. It's run along parallel lines to the Wahhabis, but they are less violent and less extreme - still violent and extreme but less so than the Wahhabis. And now, of course, also the Iranian Revolution.

http://pewforum.org/Politics-and-Elections/Islam-and-the-West-A-Conversation-with-Bernard-Lewis.aspx

Speaker:
Professor Bernard Lewis, Cleveland E. Dodge Professor Emeritus of Near Eastern Studies, Princeton University
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:53 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Referring to someone as a 'Jap' is like calling them a Kike or a Nigger.
It is a slur used to incite anger in folks of Japanese descent.

Do you even realize that you are being offensive? Or are you just clueless?

Cycloptichorn
I thawt that we had discussed that enuf.
Do u wish to begin another cycle?
Y not just re-read the last thread concerning that topic ?

I do not accept your assertions; thay r illogical.
There is nothing rong with abbreviation.
I have the right to do so and I am not insulting the Japs.

If the time comes that I decide to insult the Japs,
then I will be explicit about my objections.

That 's how its going to be.

David
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:57 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
We all knew how it was 'going to be,' bigot; you just don't give a ****.

This fits right in with my mental image of you: aging, white, paranoid, greedy, hostile towards his fellow man, racist.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes, I find that interesting too. Sort of that simmering then roiling hatred festers, is fostered, in a vacuum re life.

My aunt was a bigot. This killed most good memories of her for me. But - she fit her place in time. She lived in west los angeles, and the family church was in Sawtelle, which has long been the japanese shop area/neighborhood of WLA. People went off to camp; I don't know how some properties survived over the years. My memories of her rants were mostly in the early fifties, when we lived with her for a couple of years.

As you know, CI, my still loved land arch boss was born in a Wyoming camp.

Anyway, I was sad re my aunt, once I caught on, but, she was part of the time. Geez, this is now sixty five years later.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 04:03 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:
You are one sick SOB.
Look, Jap Jerk: when u make snide remarks about people,
u have to expect counter-snidery. That 's how it works.

If u choose to be POLITE, in the tradition of your ancestors,
then POLITENESS is returned to u also. Unless u r very young,
it shoud not be necessary to instruct u in these matters.

Incidentally, the Ignore button works very well. I suggest that u consider using it.

David

My wife had a relative that was captured and tortured by Japanese in Hong Kong and died in a POW camp in Japan. Even with that, I cannot imagine the hatred, bigotry and utter lack of sense of decency that you display.

All I can say is that MENSA must have very low standards to have you as a member.

Richard, suffice it to say that your post is false,
rife with confusion (which is not unusual for u) and devoid of merit.
It is not worthy of a more detailed reply.

David