Something Terrible Is Happening To Me

Green Witch

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 09:22 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
I think that is exactly what I mean. In youth, I think men might be willing to jump on almost anything, especially if the lights are off. With age comes an appreciation of the bigger picture. I think men and women actually catch up to each other sexually as they get older, especially in terms of the emotional investment. We all can appreciate beauty at any time, but later in life we want that deeper commitment to complete the arousal.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 09:29 am
@Green Witch,
Either that or we relaize how many years it took to find someone who would actually do all that nasty stuff we like.... Razz Laughing
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 09:32 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Plain truth is I was/am pleased with myself for reaching a point where I reacted and am reacting to things in a more mature manner.

Yes, yes, but .... what if your fans find out? Nobody wants to worship a rockstar who's gotten all reasonable and stuff. Will your male fans still want to be like you? Will your female fans still fantasize about getting in the sack with you? That's what you need to worry about. You better get your act together, Mr. Throbber, and resume sleeping around this instant!
spendius

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 09:36 am
@Green Witch,
Quote:
I'm thinking "we" as in current populations, too. I think there is more access to more sex and more individualistic freedom than any previous time in history - including the Temples of Isis and the Dark Ages etc.

Which suggests you know little of the historic events referred to.

A massive international survey a few years ago which was pasted on A2K had the American experience of "sex" lasting 7 minutes. The shortest of all the countries surveyed. Turkey was the longest.

A don't forget Steve Martin's ironic portrayal of "sex" in The Man with Two Brains. One thrust and all over and he looked at the camera and said "It gets better every time."

In the Temples of Isis and in the castles of the Dark ages and in the courts, convents and monastries of Balzac's and Brantome's times it lasted for days. At Eleusis it got so out of hand that it had to be restricted to the philosophers and the priestesses.

But, of course, they didn't have such busy lives to lead as we do.
spendius

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 09:41 am
@Thomas,
Quote:
Nobody wants to worship a rockstar who's gotten all reasonable and stuff.

That was the gist of my first post on this thread.

Any chance of the play list from the gig that now notorious nite?
Green Witch

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 10:13 am
@spendius,
Quote:
In the Temples of Isis and in the castles of the Dark ages and in the courts, convents and monastries of Balzac's and Brantome's times it lasted for days. At Eleusis it got so out of hand that it had to be restricted to the philosophers and the priestesses.

Spendius, I actually know a lot about history, but I really don't enjoy bantering with you and your "facts" from Penthouse Letters 1000AD. Please get some real history on the majority of populations and maybe we'll talk. Ciao.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 11:00 am
@Thomas,
mystique Thomas, mystique... keep 'em guessing. Laughing My adventures as a young man have given me iconic status around here in the sub culture of rockers and now I've assumed the mantle of elder statesman and age defying performer. that's good enough for me. Cool
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 11:06 am
@spendius,
Just for you spendius, although i can't imagine why... her's our setlist from the other night. Keep in mind this is an 80's TRIBUTE band and we don't perform any of my/our original material. that would be another band.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/scan0012.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/scan0013.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/scan0014.jpg
spendius

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 11:40 am
@Green Witch,
Quote:
Spendius, I actually know a lot about history

Look GW--that sort of thing not only means nothing to me, it means nothing to anybody else. That you obviously think it does mean something tells me you know no history in the sense Braudel uses the term and which is the only sensible way, and scientific way, to think of the subject. Passing exams set by people who don't know that history represents the constant becoming of human societies is no different than passing exams in any other system of rote learned and disconnected mumbo-jumbo.

You asked for examples from previous times of situations which were less sexually repressed than our times. I gave a few. I know a lot more.

Being free to do certain things is not actually doing them. Hawk was correct and Freud provides the explanation. The puritan ethic identified the Catholic Church as the "Whore of Rome."

"And for each and every hung up person in the whole wide universe,
And we gazed upon the Chimes of Freedom flashing." The hang-ups today are way higher than they were when I was passing frisky.

It wasn't me who focussed on sex--it was you. Penthouse is as neurotic as Mrs Whitehouse was.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 11:43 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Thanks Steve. Running with the Devil eh? I know what that bozo would have done with the ABFTP all to himself for a night.

0 Replies