Something Terrible Is Happening To Me

spendius

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 05:10 pm
@hawkeye10,
But nothing beside the price paid by those who do conform.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 05:15 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
But nothing beside the price paid by those who do conform.
you are correct sir.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 10:40 pm
All will be well in time Bear. I do sympathize with your breakup. Music is life.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 10:49 pm
I don't want to see you beaten up here, Bear. I was one who used to yell at you for whining. I think you are over reacting to any negs at all.

I still love squinney. I hate to see her not post. Probably smart, but still, I'd like to hear her voice.
Thomas

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 10:52 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveindthrobber wrote:
Anyway, the point is, I seem to have have fucked up and conducted myself in a mature and decent fashion. Do you think I may be terminally ill or something?

Ewwww---that is so, like, old of you! Next thing you'll grow long hair like they did in the seventies and play Beatles songs on your guitar. That's when you really need to worry.

(Sorry to hear about you and Squinney. Good luck to both of you getting through this.)
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 05:12 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
we have become a very repressed society, where maturity is equated with being good sheep.

You have access to the internet and you really believe this? When were we not a repressed society trying to be good sheep? People are more free and individualistic than any time before that I can think of. Please give me an example of previous time when you think we were less repressed and less likely to submit to the rule of (mostly) religious law?
spendius

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 05:34 am
@Green Witch,
You need to define "we" before anybody can answer that GW.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 05:43 am
@spendius,

Quote:
You need to define "we" before anybody can answer that GW

Let's speak in terms of North America and all of Western Europe. I'm willing to throw in Germany, Holland, Russia, Poland and the Middle East, if you like. Who do you think Hawkeye is talking about when saying "we"?
spendius

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 05:55 am
@Green Witch,
I assumed Hawk meant the people in his station at this time in N. America. On that I tend to agree with him. You asked about previous times and places.

I could cite Roman matrons at the time the Isis temples were open for business. Or the circumstances Balzac reported on. Or Brantome's The Life of Gallant Ladies. There's the Dark Ages and Camelot zeitgeists.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 06:07 am
@spendius,
I'm thinking "we" as in current populations, too. I think there is more access to more sex and more individualistic freedom than any previous time in history - including the Temples of Isis and the Dark Ages etc.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 06:47 am
@Green Witch,
Individualistic freedom is good

David
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 06:52 am
@ossobuco,
squinney may post. she's out of town, as I mentioned. I also think the point of the post was missed by everyone.

Plain truth is I was/am pleased with myself for reaching a point where I reacted and am reacting to things in a more mature manner and was sharing that accomplishment with people I have been interacting with for years. I made the post with my usual type of humor.

I can't believe people didn't get that. This isn't about our marriage breaking up.

Intrepid

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 06:55 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

squinney may post. she's out of town, as I mentioned. I also think the point of the post was missed by everyone.

Plain truth is I was/am pleased with myself for reaching a point where I reacted and am reacting to things in a more mature manner and was sharing that accomplishment with people I have been interacting with for years. I made the post with my usual type of humor.

I can't believe people didn't get that. This isn't about our marriage breaking up.

I, for one, totally understood your original post. I guess that may be kinda scary since it means I have come to understand your quirks and humour. Wink

Still, the breakup is sad.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 07:01 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I agree, David. It's good for everyone if everyone has it.

I also think there has been no better time or place to be born a woman. What woman would want to live without reliable birth control, the ability to chose who she has sex with and laws that recognize her as a free individual? Women who still do not have these things still suffer.

Bear, I think most of us understood what you were saying and that you were expressing it with humor. I don't think you meant for it to come off as arrogant, but it did a little - sort of like "hey, women still want to do the old guy". My actual first thought was: Well, what does he expect? - he's like 60 years old. It's easy to walk away from sex at 60, not so easy at 26. As everyone else here as expressed, no matter what, we wish you and Squinney good times.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 07:12 am
well green witch for the record that wasn't AT ALL what it was about. I live in the real world. thanks for the kind wishes.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 07:33 am
@Green Witch,
Quote:
It's easy to walk away from sex at 60, not so easy at 26.

It is? Really? Are you sure? Shocked
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 08:44 am
@Intrepid,
spoken from the viewpoint of a woman Laughing
Intrepid

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 08:46 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Whew! I thought you directed that at me. I know you actually were directy it a Green Witch. Her being a woman and all. Wink
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 08:56 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Can't deny it. But don't even men feel more in control of their sexual urges as they age?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 09:11 am
@Green Witch,
On a serious note GW... I'm not sure that is exactly accurate. With the right woman, men will remain as horny and randy as their bodies allow them to be all their lives, but is has to be the right woman with whom you feel a connection, not just a warm body to jerk off in as it is many times as a young man. If you love a woman, years can go by and the site of them stepping out of the shower and pulling on a raggedy pair of sensible white panties will continue to do it for you as much as the most gorgeous playboy bunny with a body you can bounce a quarter off of.

I guess I'm saying it's not so much a matter of control as a shift in priorities and values. The mind controls the body as we mature enough to allow it to assume that chore from our balls. Very Happy