Gun permit allows quick access to Texas Capitol

plainoldme

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 08:50 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Freedom prevails in Vermont, Alaska and Arizona (tho thay continue to discriminate against children).

yeah, let's arm the little bastards! Let them bring guns to school and shoot their classmates, who are probably the grandchildren of dirty hippie peace loving scum anyway! The nation just loves it when a school is shot up and holds a festival every time! Woo! Woo!

Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill!
plainoldme

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 08:57 am
@plainoldme,
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_United_States_(by_state)

"Vermont has very few gun control laws. Gun dealers are required to keep a record of all handgun sales. It is illegal to carry a gun on school property or in a courthouse. State law preempts local governments from regulating the possession, ownership, transfer, carrying, registration or licensing of firearms.
The term 'Vermont Carry' is used by gun rights advocates to refer to allowing citizens to carry a firearm concealed or openly without any sort of permit requirement. Vermont law does not distinguish between residents and non-residents of the state; both have the same right to carry while in Vermont.
The Vermont constitution of 1793, based partly on the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights, guarantees certain freedoms and rights to the citizens: 'That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the State — and as standing armies in time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; and that the military should be kept under strict subordination to and governed by the civil power.'"

What !!!!! It is illegal to carry a gun on school property and in courthouses???!!!

How can teachers discipline cheaters if they can not waive a gun around? How can kids settle playground arguments . . . oh! i forgot . . . the right wing in its budget mindedness has rid the schools of those pesky recesses. My mistake!

But, we need guns to come into courthouses so that those that lose can shoot the obviously corrupt members of juries condemning them!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 09:09 am
@plainoldme,
David wrote:
Freedom prevails in Vermont, Alaska and Arizona
(tho thay continue to discriminate against children).
plainoldme wrote:
yeah, let's arm the little bastards!
No, let them arm themselves, the same way
that thay get pens n paper. I did.

plainoldme wrote:
Let them bring guns to school and shoot their classmates,
Well, since age 8, I always brought my 2" Smith & Wesson .38 revolver with me,
but I did not shoot any classmates. Thay were peaceful; so was I.

plainoldme wrote:
who are probably the grandchildren of dirty hippie peace loving scum anyway!
MY fellow students were clean.

plainoldme wrote:
The nation just loves it when a school is shot up and holds a festival every time!
I 'm not too sure qua your connection to reality, Prof. Plain. Do u ofen attend those "festivals"?

plainoldme wrote:
Woo! Woo!

Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill!
U shoud be careful to whom u DO that; don 't do it promiscuously.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 09:11 am
@plainoldme,
The legal requirements that u quoted are Federal.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 09:13 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_United_States_(by_state)

"Vermont has very few gun control laws. Gun dealers are required to keep a record of all handgun sales. It is illegal to carry a gun on school property or in a courthouse. State law preempts local governments from regulating the possession, ownership, transfer, carrying, registration or licensing of firearms.
The term 'Vermont Carry' is used by gun rights advocates to refer to allowing citizens to carry a firearm concealed or openly without any sort of permit requirement. Vermont law does not distinguish between residents and non-residents of the state; both have the same right to carry while in Vermont.
The Vermont constitution of 1793, based partly on the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights, guarantees certain freedoms and rights to the citizens: 'That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the State — and as standing armies in time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; and that the military should be kept under strict subordination to and governed by the civil power.'"

What !!!!! It is illegal to carry a gun on school property and in courthouses???!!!
That 's federal law.
plainoldme

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 10:39 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Is it your position that crime is a delusion ?

Actually, the level of crime, the frequency of crime and the intensity of crime is your delusion.

As for Susan Gonzalez, she may be an asshole.
plainoldme

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 10:48 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

Yes, but first those narrow minded laws have to be changed, hence, "arm the little bastards."

As for you arming yourself, just look how you turned out: narrow minded, irrational, uninformed. Hey, let's distribute the guns and bring the human race to an end so the planet can recover from God's mistake of creating man.

Quote:

What a sad and sick situation. Your childhood was just one abuse after the other.

Quote:
I 'm not too sure qua your connection to reality, Prof. Plain. Do u ofen attend those "festivals"?

I'm just turning the right wing, NRA argument back at you. I bet the NRA loved Columbine, Bryan College, Virginia Tech and all those other places where people whose psychological profiles illustrate why guns must be limited went on sprees and killed. Why, I bet America's right wing just could not understand why those kids were crying and why the parents of the dead were upset. I bet there people like you telling those grieving parents to arm any remaining children they might have.

plainoldme

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 10:50 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Have you lost your ability to read?
Quote:
The Vermont constitution of 1793, based partly on the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights,

0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 11:30 am
If david's story of carrying a pistol to school from the age of 8 is true (it is possibly a delusion or simply a tall tale told for its own satisfaction . . which may be worse than a delusion), were such a situation to exist today, the child would be placed in protective custody and the parents fined if not jailed.

Now, david and orally would call the people carrying out the judgment against those parents "freedom haters." What freedom is there for the armed child? For his classmates? His teachers? None.

These people who support gun-toting are arguing from a delusion, from a position of pure evil. This is a distortion of right and wrong.

In the last analysis, is there really any difference between having sex with an 8 year old and allowing an 8 year old to go to school, carrying a pistol? No. In both cases, the child is forced to act as an adult without having the mental and judgmental capacity to do so. Both harm the child.

I would think . . . and we know that david would not be truthful because people always lie when confronted . . . that david never played with other children, never attended parties, never camped out in a backyard. No parent would want a gun-toting child in their home. I would also suspect that some of david's classmates were beaten for lying when they came home with stories of his gun.

I tried satirizing the position of the gun lover, carried to its extreme. I can not have been the only person to have dealt with david's gun obsession in that way. It mystifies me that anyone could support such a position. When david does support it, it is with tales of rampant crime.

I'm from Detroit. I chose to move into the city as did other young professionals, both black and white. I did so in my early 20s, standing 5'3" and weighing 110 pounds. I had season tickets to the Detroit Symphony and a membership to the Detroit Institute of Arts. I attended night classes at Wayne State University. I was in a food co-op in the city and went to the farmer's market once a month on a Saturday to make purchases on behalf of the group. I was always in the core city.

My car was stolen more than once during my last year as a resident. Having a gun would have done me no good. How would I know what was happening to my car while I slept?

No one suggested a gun to me largely because it was during the time when women were advised by self defense people to not have a weapon which a man could so easily turn against a woman, particularly a small woman. Women took non-violent self-defense workshops.

Had anyone suggested a gun, I would have said no. It is far more likely that my apt would have robbed during the day when I was at work and then the gun would have been stolen. Besides, I was a Quaker!
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 11:35 am
David refuses to recognize the circularity of his obsession. He advocates arming literally everyone, criminals included, and then justifies owning a gun because it is necessary for self-defense FROM THE VERY PEOPLE HE HAS JUST ADVOCATED ARMING.
mysteryman

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 11:09 pm
@parados,
"Private" fire depts are common.
Almost every major manufacturing facility has its own fire dept, as do most commercial airports and port facilities.

Quote:
volunteer militia would be the national guard

Thats one definition, but even the US military defines a militia as

Quote:
n. 1. a military force that is raised from the civil population to supplement a regular army in an emergency.

2. a military force that engages in rebel or terrorist activities, typically in opposition to a regular army.

3. all able-bodied civilians eligible by law for military service.

Notice #3.

And lets see how the US Govt defines militia, ok...

Title 10, USC Chapter 13 says this...

Quote:
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied
males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section
313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a
declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States
and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the
National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are -
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard
and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of
the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the
Naval Militia.

So, I guess that according to US Code David owning a gun IS part of the militia, if he fits the age requirements.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 04:34 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
David refuses to recognize the circularity of his obsession.
YES, because there is no circularity.

MontereyJack wrote:
He advocates arming literally everyone, criminals included,
and then justifies owning a gun because it is necessary
for self-defense FROM THE VERY PEOPLE HE HAS JUST ADVOCATED ARMING.
Jack, u distort my postition (AGAIN);
then having built a strawman, u tear down your own strawman and blame me for it.

My postition has always been that government has no authority
as to civilian possession of guns, in that it was permitted to EXIST,
subject to some designated conditions, of which one was that
it have no jurisdiction of civilian gun possession.

I have never argued that government arm ANYONE.
The citizens will arm themselves, the same as thay 'll provide their own food n water.

Additionally, it is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to disarm criminals,
because thay will re-arm themselves; thay have done it even in prison.

It is ez either to make guns, or to buy them from blackmarket gunsmiths.

U have misrepresented my position on this point several times now, Jack;
this is not the first time. Please REMEMBER my response this time and STOP distorting my position.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 05:45 am
@plainoldme,
David wrote:

plainoldme wrote:
Yes, but first those narrow minded laws have to be changed,
hence, "arm the little bastards."
Thay can get their OWN guns; thay can arm themselves, as thay did freely thru the 1800s,
but their natural rights, and their Constitutional rights to equal protection of the laws
and to self defense are incompatible with gun control discrimination.

plainoldme wrote:
As for you arming yourself, just look how you turned out:
narrow minded, irrational, uninformed.
I live a contented life, a life of ease; I am very happy; EXULTANT.
My successes did not come from irrationality.

U imply that u r more rational than I am,
but u live chronically on the edge of indigence, tho u work 2 jobs, for pennies.
How much rationality does that reveal in your mind?? (especially since u r so much better INFORMED than I am ????)
If u are more rational than I am, then u shoud have better results; yes ?

plainoldme wrote:
Hey, let's distribute the guns and bring the human race to an end
so the planet can recover from God's mistake of creating man.
This mindless bluster is from the person who accuses ME of being irrational.

David wrote:
plainoldme wrote:
What a sad and sick situation.
Your childhood was just one abuse after the other.
I was not sad, tho occasionally bored; I lived in good health.
I was never accused of abusing anyone.

David wrote:
I 'm not too sure qua your connection to reality, Prof. Plain.
Do u ofen attend those "festivals"?
plainoldme wrote:
I'm just turning the right wing, NRA argument back at you.
I bet the NRA loved Columbine, Bryan College, Virginia Tech
and all those other places where people whose psychological profiles
illustrate why guns must be limited went on sprees and killed.
No; those were all BIG VICTORIES for gun control,
because all of the victims were fully obedient to ALL gun control laws, being 100% helpless.
In Columbine, some survivors told of hiding in a closet,
preparing to fight, using folded metal chairs as weapons.
I 'm pretty sure that thay 'd have preferred some defensive guns instead.
Perhaps u disagree.

I AM reserved for attending what will amount to a CELEBRATORY FESTIVAL in September
at the 2nd Amendment Foundation 's Gun Rights Policy Conference in San Francisco.
At this symposium we will study the USSC's HELLER and McDONALD cases
and discuss how most adroitly to exploit them to the optimal advantage
of laissez faire defensive freedom. I also look forward to attending
the first post-McDONALD NRA Annual Meeting next April. At the last one, we had over 70,000 attenders.

Wish us luck.

plainoldme wrote:
Why, I bet America's right wing just could not understand why those kids were crying
Thay were crying because, in obedience to gun control philosophy,
the victims were unable to fight back to save themselves.
I wish that some of the victims had killed the predators.

plainoldme wrote:
and why the parents of the dead were upset.
I bet there people like you telling those grieving parents to arm
any remaining children they might have.
Yeah, that 's a great idea for those who believe in locking the barn door
after the horses have gotten away, Plain.

David
parados

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 06:59 am
@mysteryman,
Quote:
Almost every major manufacturing facility has its own fire dept, as do most commercial airports and port facilities.

Those would be PAID firefighters not a private volunteer force.
plainoldme

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 07:08 am
@mysteryman,
Nothing you posted supports this comment:

Quote:
So, I guess that according to US Code David owning a gun IS part of the militia, if he fits the age requirements.
plainoldme

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 07:09 am
@OmSigDAVID,
You embarrassed yourself in your response to Monterey.
plainoldme

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 07:29 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Thay can get their OWN gun

The above is david's response to my citation that the children of VT are limited by law from having guns and taking them to school.

Any such child who arms himself would be considered a juvenile delinquent.

Quote:
U imply that u r more rational than I am,
but u live chronically on the edge of indigence, tho u work 2 jobs, for pennies.
How much rationality does that reveal in your mind?? (especially since u r so much better INFORMED than I am ????)
If u are more rational than I am, then u shoud have better results; yes ?

First of all, the always irrational and untethered from reality right-wingers, both here and abroad, feel they are superior to the left because they "pay their own bills." The righties accuse the left of never working.

Well, buffoon, I work as do all of the lefties with the exception of those who are retired or disabled.

Everyone I work with at the liquor store has another job with the exception of one man whose wife manages a business they were given by his father as a wedding present. Four of us are adjunct professors.

Now, you in your supreme ignorance, you imply that I am irrational because of my work situation and that I have chosen this track.

Well, last night, the owner's nephew and I were commenting upon the resumes that are piling up in response to a sign on our door asking for help. The nephew (works a temping job as well as the store job) said, "These resumes are so sad. With my bachelor's degree, I am the least educated person working here and all of these people are so eager to work for so little." The resume that prompted the discussion was from a young man with a bachelor's from one of the U-California schools and a master's from U-Wisconsin at Madison, in other words (as I have to make it plain to you, david) schools that are notoriously difficult to be admitted to. This applicant had experience on several levels as well as his education.

What my situation reveals is that tens of thousands of people are underemployed and that the conclusion that the socially useless and intellectually void American right holds . . . that the left does not work . . . is absolute horseshit.

Now you grand poobahs of the right insist that this is wrong -- despite being able to find this fact easily on your own -- but the wages of the lower four quintiles have been stable since 1979. That means, that lots of people have two jobs and that many couples have three or four jobs.

Your ignorance is as titanic as your arrogance.

Quote:
This mindless bluster is from the person who accuses ME of being irrational.

This was david's response to a satirical restatement of the gun lobby's position. I guess then that david sometimes does see that position for what it is: mindless bluster.

The rest of his response was mindless drivel and denial of the fact that he was an abused child.

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 09:06 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
Quote:

Those would be PAID firefighters not a private volunteer force.
There have been many volunteer fire dept.s in American history.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 09:08 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
You embarrassed yourself in your response to Monterey.
foolishness
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 09:12 am
@parados,
So now you are saying that a private force CANT be paid?
0 Replies