Hey, Can A Woman "Ask To Get Raped"?

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 06:54 am
@onevoice,
Read back. When Hawkeye says that once he gets in bed with a drunken women he has all the consent he needs, he advocating rape.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 06:56 am
Lawmakers Pledge $80 Million to Eliminate Rape Kit Backlogs Nationwide
(and yet, in florida, they are committing $300,000 to study (not test) the backlogged rape kits, to see how many there are. this could possibly be finished by next year)

Lawmakers Pledge $80 Million to Eliminate Rape Kit Backlogs Nationwide

On Thursday, Vice President Joe Biden, together with US Attorney General Loretta Lynch and Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance, announced efforts to process some 70,000 untested rape kits, committing nearly $80 million to their resolution.

During a press conference held at New York City’s medical examiner’s office, Biden and Lynch underscored the importance of clearing the national backlog, pledging $41 million of federal funds to test 13,500 kits in 20 jurisdictions. Vance, upholding a promise made last fall, will apportion $38 million in forfeiture funds and provide grants of up to $2 million to examine 56,000 rape kits in 32 agencies across the country.

Conservative estimates suggest approximately 400,000 rape kits sit untested in crime labs nationwide. At $1,000 per kit analysis, some police departments resist addressing their cities’ backlogs, citing lack of funds. The benefits of testing rape kits are undeniable. Rape kits afford prosecutors the opportunity to indict “John Doe”s, securing their DNA in a national database and effectively stopping the clock on the statute of limitations imposed on sexual assault cases. Moreover, given an estimated 90 to 95 percent of rapes are committed by serial rapists, rape kits allow law enforcement to prosecute repeat offenders before they rape again.

Efforts to eliminate the backlog have already yielded results in cities nationwide. In Detroit, for example, the analysis of 10,000 previously untested rape kits exposed 487 serial rapists in at large in several states. Los Angeles has eliminated their backlog entirely with grant assistance and now processes rape kits within three months of receipt.

“The bottom line is simple,” said Biden, who authored and spearheaded passage of the VAWA law and has long championed programs to end violence against women, “f we’re able to test these kits, more crimes could be solved and more women can live with the comfort of knowing her rapist will not return.”

http://feminist.org/blog/index.php/2015/09/10/lawmakers-pledge-80-million-to-eliminate-rape-kit-backlogs-nationwide/
BillRM

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 07:11 am
@bobsal u1553115,
One wonder how many of those rape kits are part of cases where there is no question who is the sexual partner/alleged rapist of the woman is.

Nothing like blowing hundreds of millions for no good reason.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 07:14 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
When Hawkeye says that once he gets in bed with a drunken women he has all the consent he needs, he advocating rape.

So drunken sex between a man and a woman mean that a rape have occur of the woman?

Amazing.............and I guess that mean that except for such groups as religion Muslims and Mormons that do not drink most men are indeed rapists.....

Hmm that is indeed what Firefly had been trying to sell on this website as a matter of fact.
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 07:24 am
@bobsal u1553115,
That is not advocating rape! If a woman gets into a bed with a man she is implying that is exactly what she is there for too. Whether she does it consciously or subconsciously. She still made the choice to go into a room she didn't have to, with a man who wants to have sex... And let me tell ya, men make it more than abundantly clear when they want sex. Especially in situations with alcohol involved. It is foolish to even think or imply that it would be even remotely OK for a woman to go out drinking with a man, go HOME with him, get into HIS bed, and then suddenly start screaming rape and blaming it all on HIM because SHE changed her mind.

That of course is excluding situations where someone uses a date rape drug. There are things that lead up to sex, especially in drinking situations that go that far. Things from BOTH sides. Not just his. Not just his guys. No its not OK for a woman to allow things to go THAT far and then suddenly back out. If that was never her intention she should have stated that clearly long before she even walks out of the bar with him... Or whatever the situation may be. It is a woman's responsibility to protect herself.

That does not give a man the right to take it forcably. But if you ask me, its just as bad to tease someone (intentional or not) and walk away as it is to rape someone. Either way, someone's will is getting broken that night.
hingehead

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 08:24 am
@onevoice,
Quote:
That does not give a man the right to take it forcably. But if you ask me, its just as bad to tease someone (intentional or not)

leaving aside my personal repugnance at your position - i have deep problems with your 'intentional or not'. Men have a fantastic ability to imagine all a woman's actions are about him even if she doesn't know he exists. Even if I accept your axioms how can it be right for a woman to suffer for what a man imagines is going on?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/05/27/your-princess-is-in-another-castle-misogyny-entitlement-and-nerds.html
BillRM

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 08:28 am
@onevoice,
You can google the story of the West Point Cadet that was sleeping in a backroom while a party was going on who have a young lady jumped into his bed and begin to have sex with him. In fact waking him up with her kisses.

It turn out that the young lady was having her 18 birthday at the time and had after a few drinks decided to loss her virginity.

The next day her sister over the phone was teasing her about still being a virgin at the old age of 18 and she lost it.

She then claimed that she was too drunk to consent to sex so the man who was doing nothing but sleeping by himself before she had jumped into his bed was a rapist for going along with her.

The poor guy had to faced a full scale court marshal before being found innocent!!!!

Here is the story:

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/01/25/nyregion/military-jury-acquits-cadet-in-rape-case.html
onevoice

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 08:36 am
@hingehead,
It is a woman's responsibility to understand exactly that, and walk away. Not climb into his bed for Pete's sake! Not all men are like that. And to assume they are is foolish as well.
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 08:39 am
@BillRM,
Yeah. That poor guy! Why are men the only ones to blame? Oh yeah... The victim mentality. That's right.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 08:43 am
@onevoice,
onevoice wrote:
But if you ask me, its just as bad to tease someone (intentional or not) and walk away as it is to rape someone.

really?

teasing is as bad as sexual assault?

I certainly don't agree with that. You're equating flirting with assault. IMNSHO, that's a dangerous message to give young people - male and female.

I think that is the message that comes from a particular patriarchal version of Christianity. Frightening to consider that it's still being taught.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 08:44 am
@onevoice,
onevoice wrote:
No its not OK for a woman to allow things to go THAT far and then suddenly back out.

thank goodness the laws in most Western countries disagree with that view
ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 08:45 am
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:
repugnance

that's the word
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 08:54 am
@ehBeth,
In saying that I am by no means saying that makes it permissible for a man to force himself upon a woman. I'm talking about the whole picture here. Not just a piece of it. Sex is a gigantic driving force in most men. It is just as wrong for a woman to exploit that, as it is for a man to exploit a woman. There are two sides to every coin and I believe some call it common sense.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 09:01 am
@onevoice,
onevoice wrote:
Sex is a gigantic driving force in most men.

it is for some men. it is for some women.

Sex is a more significant driving force for some women than it is for some men.

___

Again, your post reads like it comes from inside a patriarchal Christian group. It's like something you'd hear from the Duggar community.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 09:01 am
@onevoice,
Quote:
Why are men the only ones to blame? Oh yeah... The victim mentality. That's right

There is a nasty undertone in some of this that women by their nature are not full adults on equal footing with men and therefore need all kind of special protections under the law from their own possible bad judgments when it come to having sex.

We are also starting to go down the road of taking away the rights of adult women to consent to sex if the men in question have some position of power in relationships to them such as a doctor or lawyer.

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 10:04 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
really?

teasing is as bad as sexual assault?

Yes. It is an emotional assult on him, which ultimately can lead to him raping just out of absolute frustration. Still doesn't make it right, or OK, but it does happen. Rape is a crime, no matter how you look at it. Anyone who does that should most definitely have consequences.

Quote:
I think that is the message that comes from a particular patriarchal version of Christianity. Frightening to consider that it's still being taught.

Unfortunately no. At least not for me. I have crossed the threshold of maybe three churches in over 10 years. I could care less, for the most part, what any of them are teaching, because the majority are wrong. So so wrong, and hurtful, and hateful. *sigh* Who wants to be around all that? Not me!

Back in the day... After all that happened to me I counseled with a pastor and his wife. For years. They were clueless. So completely clueless! I was such a ball of mess they literally told me... Several times... They had no clue what to do with me, or how to handle me. I've heard that from paid counselors too. Back then rape was barely even talked about and was often treated as an embarrassing, shameful thing to even talk about.

At least that was MY world. Maybe its not like that for everyone. I do have to admit I have had a strangely out of the ordinary life. I am coming from my own perspective here, and am not foolish enough to try and tell anyone my perception is always right. I have proven it isn't more than once! Lol

However, let me share how I came to this perspective, if you will. I have always been an introspective person. Always looking for answers. And when I have been in a good spot in life, which has happened occasionally, I am someone who wants to be the best I can be. I am unafraid of looking inside and correcting something that is wrong, because that makes me a better person in the long run.

The first step for me in healing was forgiving those who had done it to me. I know this is going to sound strange but forgiveness was actually granted to me for the three in my late teens early twenties one day while I was reading the bible. It just happened. I suddenly started weeping because I realized for the first time that they were hurting too. People don't hurt people just to do it. Most of the time they have been hurt and are acting out on that. It's a behavior issue tied to their emotions. The next step was forgiving myself...

I bet your mind is screaming, "OH MY GOD!!! WHAT IS SHE TALKING ABOUT?!?!?" right? Lol
Yes, I had to forgive myself. Victims of any kind of abuse begin operating under a whole different line of thinking after the abuse happens. All their information gets filtered through a funnel (a wrong/harmful thought process) that misconstrues a lot of things. It is that very thing that can lead them into more trouble.

Whether it be they turn the behavior outward and become an abuser to others or they turn it inward and begin abusing themselves. Or maybe both can be happening at the same time. The shame based thinking left me believing for a very long time that the repeated abuse was actually my fault. I also failed to see until recently that I had in fact put myself in some situations that opened the door for that to happen.

Situations I did not have to choose, but didn't necessarily understand that I had a choice in the matter. Again. Based on misconstrued information. I had to forgive myself for that. I didn't mean to do it. I really didn't. And putting myself in those situations did not give them right to do that to me. My whole point is really compassion. For both sides of the issue.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 01:08 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
Even if I accept your axioms how can it be right for a woman to suffer for what a man imagines is going on?

Interesting. Feminist dogma on sexual relations revolves around what is going on in the womans head, regardless of the reality of what the man actually does. In this case the man can suffer criminal penalties for her imagination. There is for instance no need for a woman to justify never saying no, all she needs to do is claim that she imagined that she might be endanger if she did. And the law does this in other areas too, for instance the stand your ground gun laws.

Let's be clear: this is a bad idea, and this is not justice.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 01:29 pm
@onevoice,
Quote:
But if you ask me, its just as bad to tease someone (intentional or not) and walk away as it is to rape someone. Either way, someone's will is getting broken that night.

Not " just as bad" but that is a special kind of sadism to tease a cock, bring him right up to penetration, then push him off with a " I am not going to **** you" (there is a good depiction of this move in the movie "Cruel Intentions"). It is an abuse of power. We can not turn a blind eye to that like the feminists do. Nor to women incapacitating themselves and putting themselves in danger and then claiming as the feminists do that the woman did nothing wrong, nothing that they should try to do differently in the future.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 05:21 pm
@onevoice,
I'm not going to recount the entire thread. Hawkeye has advocated extremely disturbing things to be legal, some involving children, incest and actually claiming that rape is good for women, particularly ones that he deems just need a good boinking. That rape claims are mostly protestations of women incapable of sustaining a "good" sex life. Don't take my or anyone else's word for it, just start reading this thread from the beginning.

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 05:24 pm
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2015/150911-ewwwww.jpg
0 Replies