Hey, Can A Woman "Ask To Get Raped"?

Below viewing threshold (view)
spidergal

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 11:44 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Yes, I'm trying to see how laws in India compare to the US. Thanks.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 12:19 pm
@spidergal,
spidergal wrote:
Yes, I'm trying to see how laws in India compare to the US. Thanks.
I was in Bangalore, India in 1984.

David
BillRM

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 01:00 pm
@firefly,
So you are now claiming you never posted that you was a prison guard!!!!!!

It oh so nice for you that for some reason the google search work very poorly as far as this website is concern so you can mostly get away with lying about past statements.

As far as you being a lesbian you are either that or you are completely assexual as no one with your express viewpoints could hold a normal heterosexual relationship together longer then a millsecond.
spidergal

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 01:05 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
How did you find it?

I've lived in that city myself - and absolutely loved my time there.
firefly

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 01:51 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
So you are now claiming you never posted that you was a prison guard!!!!!!

It oh so nice for you that for some reason the google search work very poorly as far as this website is concern so you can mostly get away with lying about past statements.

As far as you being a lesbian you are either that or you are completely assexual as no one with your express viewpoints could hold a normal heterosexual relationship together longer then a millsecond.

No, I never posted that I was a prison guard. You distort and misinterpret most of what I've posted in this thread so it's no surprise you came to another erroneous conclusion.

My viewpoints in this thread have mainly been confined to support of the currently existing rape laws--and those views are shared by the overwhelming majority of people--both male and female. So, you must also make the idiotic assumption that most people are either homosexual or asexual.

Your fantasies about me say much more about you than about me. You like to try to stereotype people and that sort of thing is rarely accurate. That's why your general views about women are so off the mark.

firefly

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 02:02 pm
This rapist blew his sweetheart plea deal by shooting his mouth off. Blaming the victim for the rape is absurd. Thinking the victim appreciated the rape is crazy. If you acknowledge guilt with a plea deal, you are supposed to be admitting you did something wrong and are taking responsibilty for it. The judge was right to blow up at this man and rescind his plea deal. So now he'll go to trial and get a probable conviction. Then he can sit behind bars and think about why he was wrong in raping those three girls.
Quote:

Any remorse yet? Irate judge nixes deal to let unrepentant counselor avoid jail for raping 3 teens
Michael Daly
November 15th 2010

Justice got a do-over on Monday.

A judge used a rapist's remorseless rationalizations to throw out a plea deal that would have let the unrepentant sicko escape jail for sexually assaulting three teens.

That deal was all the more disgraceful because hulking Tony Simmons was a counselor at Manhattan Family Court, and the victims were girls under his supervision.

Even as the public was outraged, Simmons tried to minimize his crimes in a routine interview conducted before what was to have been Monday's formal sentencing.

That was all the legal reason a furious Manhattan Supreme Court Judge Cassandra Mullen needed to void a six-week-old deal that never should have been made in the first place.

"This defendant does not admit his guilt and, more alarming, has no understanding that his conduct was wrong and perhaps, most outrageously, blames the victims, demonstrating a depravity that shocks the conscience of this court," Mullen said.

Mullen tossed out an agreement that let Simmons off with probation. She offered him three years in prison, and when he did not immediately accept, she ordered the case set for trial.

One of the victims, Ashley, sounded more than prepared to take the stand against the conscienceless counselor who raped her in an elevator in the basement of the Family Court building when she was a 15-year-old on remand for a minor charge.

"I was ready from day one to testify against this guy," Ashley, now 20, said from home on Monday. "It's not hard to speak the truth."

Back when the plea deal was made, Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. blasted Mullen for being "outrageously lenient," only to learn his own assistant prosecutor had failed to object to the agreement on the record.

The assistant, Amir Vonsover, was fired. Mullen reviewed the presentence report prepared after the plea, no doubt looking for legal reasons to nix the deal.

She found them in Simmons' own words to the Department of Probation.

Whatever happened six weeks ago, Mullen was everything a judge should be on Monday. She recounted with outrage of her own what the rapist had said about his attacks on the three teens in the Family Court building just across the street from her courtroom.

Simmons told Probation that the crimes "just happened." He proved himself a classic pedophile as he sought to blame the victims, saying they had enticed him by flirting and smiling and giving him looks. He was at his sickest when describing the attack on Ashley.

"Responding to why he committed the offense, he said in addition to mutual attraction, 'The situation looked good,'" the judge reported, adding, "Of course, it did for him, now that the victim had been isolated in the basement."

The judge went on, "Perhaps the single most disturbing thing the defendant said about the indictment was when he indicated that the victim said to him, 'Thanks, I needed that,' like she enjoyed it. It's just incredible that the defendant tries to make it sound like he did the victim a favor."

Ashley was no less incredulous when she heard what Simmons had said of the attack.

"Disgusting," she said. "Crazy."

If the judge had just been grandstanding for the media, she would have remanded Simmons as a predator and a public menace, but she continued his $100,000 bail. A man whose words to Probation had cost him a deal beyond lenient left court without uttering a syllable, his face expressionless throughout, save for a deepening furrow of his brow.

He exited to the street on the side facing the Family Court building where he had preyed on Ashley and the others. Ashley now dares to hope for justice.

"I can't wait to see the outcome," she said.
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/11/15/2010-11-15_any_remorse_yet_irate_judge_nixes_deal_to_let_unrepentant_counselor_avoid_jail_f.html
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 03:23 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
If you acknowledge guilt with a plea deal, you are supposed to be admitting you did something wrong and are taking responsibility for it
If you are a DA you are supposed to only level charges that are justified, but that does not stop DA's from charge shopping and loading up on charges and counts trying to impress the citizens and force the suspect to cop to a deal. A deal that everyone is well aware does not represent the fact, that is used only to exact the most punishment the DA thinks they can get out of the process.

It is way late in the manipulation of the process game for Judges and DA's to get all huffy about people admitting to crimes that they dont think that they did.
Intrepid

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 05:22 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

Intrepid wrote:
Why do that? A2k has a perfectly good ignore function. You should enlighten yourself on how to use it.

why so harsh Razz

Cuz I'm trying to emulate you. Razz
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 05:23 pm
@Dasein,
Then, perhaps you should aquaint yourself with the board before making suggestions as to features. Just sayin.
NAACP

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 05:56 pm
@Intrepid,
Giving Dasein advice is a complete waste of time, as he is a free-thinker. He is Be-ing.........anything you say negative to him or about him he will take about as seriously as I would take a Preacher's word.....
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 06:25 pm
@NAACP,
Quote:
Dasein gives me a woody!
OK, now there's a mental image I didnt need.....
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 06:27 pm
@Dasein,
Quote:
May I suggest that instead of telling someone to 'enlighten' themselves, take a couple more second to direct them on what to do. We're all in this together.
Shocked You must be new here.....this forum is a knife fight with guns. (Dave will now reply...) Very Happy
Ionus

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 06:29 pm
@spidergal,
Quote:
How did you find it?
Turn left at Bangkok....
Ionus

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 06:30 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
support of the currently existing rape laws--and those views are shared by the overwhelming majority of people--both male and female.
And how do you support that brash statement ?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:33 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Quote:
May I suggest that instead of telling someone to 'enlighten' themselves,
take a couple more second to direct them on what to do.
We're all in this together.
Shocked You must be new here.....this forum is a knife fight with guns. (Dave will now reply...) Very Happy
Laying humor aside for the moment,
I deem it sad that the posters on all sides have chosen to evaluate the other posters
rather than to carefully analyse their posted thoughts.

It is an interesting subject that deserves earnest consideration, without personal invective.

It does no good to hurt anyone 's feelings.

David
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:39 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
I deem it sad that the posters on all sides have chosen to evaluate the other posters
rather than to carefully analyse their posted thoughts

THere is some of that, but there is also a lot of sacred cows getting gored around here, which I say is very healthy. This does however drive a lot of spoiled brats Bat S++t Crazy, as they are not accustomed to not being able to shut down lines of questioning and opinion with allegations of offense.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 08:07 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
Turn left at Bangkok....

What is that even supposed to mean? If that was an attempt at humor, you failed miserably, Ionus.
firefly

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 09:58 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
If you are a DA you are supposed to only level charges that are justified, but that does not stop DA's from charge shopping and loading up on charges and counts trying to impress the citizens and force the suspect to cop to a deal. A deal that everyone is well aware does not represent the fact, that is used only to exact the most punishment the DA thinks they can get out of the process.

The man charged with those rapes sexually assaulted three underage teen girls who were under his supervision in Manhattan Family Court. He admitted to the sexual contacts. There was no question of his guilt, and the charges against him were more than justified.
A plea deal does not "exact the most punishment the DA thinks they can get out of the process." The plea deal is always less than the defendant would receive if convicted at trial. There are many reasons that D.A.'s want to spare taxpayers the expense of a trial.
In this case, the man had been offered a ridiculously lenient plea deal relative to his crimes, and the assistant D.A. on this case should never have agreed to it (and she has since been fired). If the man had not shot his mouth off and blamed the victims for his own despicable actions, he would have gotten off with just probation. The judge just offered him 3 years in jail and he turned that down, so now he'll go to trial where a conviction is pretty certain--there is no question of his guilt.
Like most rapists, this one repeated his crimes. He also took advantage of his position supervising minors to sexually assault them. He expressed no remorse, took no responsibly for his actions, blamed the victims for his own actions, and was somewhat boastful about what he had done. That lack of awareness makes him a continued danger to the community. He belongs in jail.

Judges always expect the guilty plea to be an acknowledgment of guilt. They specifically question the defendant about that prior to passing sentence.

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 01:26 pm
@firefly,
More often than not (from what I understand) allocution is included in the plea deal.
0 Replies