Hey, Can A Woman "Ask To Get Raped"?

Ionus

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 05:25 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Your first assumption, that because a woman may indulge in fantasies of being raped, that she actually wishes to be raped, is completely absurd. You are obviously unfamiliar with the large body of research which has been done on that subject. There is no correlation between fantasies of being raped and a desire to be the actual victim of a rape.
If you can show me where I said that.....
Quote:
A physical, emotional, and psychological violation is unlikely to leave anyone feeling good
I said they can feel good about surviving, and it may not be the end of the world. For those who handle it well, telling them they are to be pitied is doing damage.
Quote:
No one tells a rape victim how they should feel about that experience.
I take it you have no friends or have ever watched a movie.
Quote:
No matter what a woman does, or how she acts, or how she dresses, or where she goes, justifies her being raped.
I am not justifying rape. I am saying bad things happen to the stupid. It is called natural selection.
Quote:
To blame the woman, is to excuse the rapist.
How many women out there are behaving with common sense and reasonable risk management ? Why dont more women engage in common sense rather than "I can walk into a bikie bar dressed like a corner pro and they dont dare touch me".....do you honestly think men dont modify their lives to avoid violence ?
Quote:
The only one who bears any responsibility for a rape is the person who commits the act.
Agreed. But if a woman has put herself into a situation where other think they are just bloody stupid to do that, then they can accept responsibility for doing stupid things.
Men could walk alone in bad areas of the city claiming they have a right but if it got them killed I would have very little sympathy.
Ask the Police how to reduce the risk of being raped and see if it includes :
Quote:
what a woman does, or how she acts, or how she dresses, or where she goes,
You are struggling against reality.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 05:28 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Think about the meanings of..."swept off her feet"....."tall dark handsome stranger"....the fantasy is not about being bashed half unconscious and sodomised. It is about a man who takes away the feeling of guilt and who dominates the situation. Very liberating. The act of sex is somewhat muted.

Right--those are fantasies, not actual rape situations. And the fantasy is under her control.

Fantasy can be very liberating.

The crime of rape is not a fantasy. It is an actual sexual assault.

Women who fantasize about rape are not indicating a desire to actually be raped, and that is what the research on this subject indicates. So, why do you keep bringing up fantasies when discussing the crime of rape?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 05:29 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
It is about a man who takes away the feeling of guilt and who dominates the situation. Very liberating.
The act of sex is somewhat muted.
Call me BORING (that can happen), but I have very conventional attitudes that do not include playing games.
I like to be straightforward and "NO" means "OK, Good nite."

David
Ionus

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 05:29 pm
@NickFun,
Quote:
But the act of putting on a tie almost made me a rapist!
Obviously you are the only man in the world with a sexy tie....or she enjoys being tied up with one.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 05:31 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Women who fantasize about rape are not indicating a desire to actually be raped, and that is what the research on this subject indicates.

Bullshit, they want to be manhandled in a way that you would call rape because there is no active consent, however they don't want to be hurt. The very act of active consent kills the submission to another persons will that they are after.
mysteryman

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 05:35 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
If she's been drinking, and you wouldn't give her the keys to your car and let her drive you home, because she seems too drunk, she's probably too drunk to give consent for sex.

Thats not really a valid analogy.
If she has been drinking, even one drink, you dont give her the keys and let her drive.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 05:37 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
But the act of putting on a tie almost made me a rapist!
Ionus wrote:
Obviously you are the only man in the world with a sexy tie....or she enjoys being tied up with one.
We won 't even begin to CONSIDER what woud have happened if he had REMOVED his tie.

David
firefly

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 05:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Bullshit, they want to be manhandled in a way that you would call rape because there is no active consent, however they don't want to be hurt. The very act of active consent kills the submission to another persons will that they are after.

That may be true in the BDSM scene you hang out in. You cannot make that assumption about all women. You would be an idiot to make that assumption about all women--particularly in situations without active consent. These are your fantasies about women, to justify your own behavior.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 05:40 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
We won 't even begin to CONSIDER what woud have happened if he had REMOVED his tie.

Laughing
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 05:44 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Bullshit, they want to be manhandled
How do u know this ?

David
Ionus

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 05:51 pm
@spidergal,
Quote:
The immediate impact of that sex wasn't devastating for my psyche, even though now I feel a slow gush of humiliation.
May I repeat :
The long term effect of sleeping with the wrong men is sexual humiliation. The same as the long term effect of rape.
Quote:
Animal sex is just that - animal sex, the sole aim of which is to reproduce. Well, biologically speaking, that applies to humans as well, but for us sex is also tied to feelings and emotions. Sex is a special act for us- that's why people light scented candles and put on music, etc., while indulging in it. So you know what, you cannot compare.
Of course you can...have you never seen mating rituals in animals ? They would light scented candles and put on music if that was what worked for them. Animals have feelings and emotions. These are the result of instincts from the primary areas of the brain working their way through all that memory to come to the surface. We have more memory than animals but perversely are more disconnected from it...net effect the same.
Quote:
Moreover, there is no evidence to prove that women will feel good about being raped if they'd fantasized about forceful sex/rape.

I am quite sure a lot of women fantasise about dominating men and every single one of them would not want to be raped.
Quote:
While women are allowed to feel good about rape (to put it in your words), most of them will naturally not feel good about it.
The whole point of this thread seems to be to tell women how awful it is...I dont think they feel good about the rape, I think they may well feel good about surviving a dangerous situation and not having infection, pregnancy etc. Those feelings can go a long way to counteracting the short term effect of rapwhilst society and threads like this spend a lot of time saying "you poor poor thing...it must be terrible for you".
Quote:
Sympathizing with victims of rape is not equivalent to pitying them - maybe that's how you see it.
I would rather be treated by a cold hearted bitch of a nurse who was doing a first class professional job than one who was crying and distracted by the death of the last patient. If it is genuine sympathy it will involve letting them handle it their way. Are you aware of how womens groups hype up the hysteria ?
Quote:
If these women are left to believe they had a part to play in that incident, their minds will lead them to a slow death thinking this was their fault.
I disagree. I think taking responsiblity for your actions is important. "...a slow death"....???? I think the average woman is tougher than that. I know the average man is.

Quote:
Counseling and support can help mitigate the psychological repercussions of rape.
Definitely if done by professionals with appropriate training and experience. Backyard womens groups do not qualify and many rape victims eventually go to those.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 05:54 pm
This college student definitely did not want to be "manhandled". She was also not doing anything foolish or risky--she was simply taking in her mail in mid-day. Her rapist was apprehended fairly quickly thanks to a video tape of him in a bodega and a tip to police. He had raped before and is a registered sex offender.
Quote:

Harlem man Lawrence Elliot charged in rape, robbery of Hamilton Heights college student
BY Joe Kemp
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
November 14th 2010

Cops charged a Harlem man Saturday night with sexually assaulting and robbing a Hamilton Heights woman in a brazen daylight attack.

Lawrence Elliot, 47, who police sources said is a convicted rapist, is accused of following a 21-year-old City College student into her building near St. Nicholas Park about 1:30 p.m. Thursday, police said.

The victim was checking her mail when Elliot approached her and told her he had a gun before pushing her into her apartment, police said.

He forced the woman to perform a sex act before robbing her of belongings, including her debit card, cops said.

Elliot tried to use the bank card in an ATM at a nearby bodega, where his image was captured on surveillance video. A tipster identified Elliot as the man in that video, police said.

Sources said he was convicted of rape in Syracuse and has been arrested on other sexual assault charges.

Elliot was slapped with multiple charges, including predatory sexual assault, criminal sex act, burglary, robbery and kidnapping. He was awaiting arraignment Saturday night.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2010/11/13/2010-11-13_harlem_man_lawrence_elliot_charged_in_rape_robbery_of_hamilton_heights_college_s.html?r=news

0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 05:58 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
are trying to justify their own needs to dominate, and, perhaps, justify their own fantasies about raping women.
I laughed when I read that. I wont go into details, but with me at least you couldnt be more wrong. Suffice to say I thrive on sex being given freely....it is exhilarating to think of myself as attractive to a beautiful woman and she wants me. I have knocked back many women when I thought it was just any cock they wanted.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 05:59 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
How do u know this ?

Experience

Interesting tangential topic here

Quote:
Ever since Margaret Atwood—a feminist novelist in the most important sense—wrote her famous story “Rape Fantasies,” people have understood that sometimes women’s sexual fantasies are anything but politically correct. Now there’s an interesting story in the New York Times Magazine that implicitly asks: Are contemporary women doomed to experience a schism between what their bodies lust for and their minds tell them they want? (Full disclosure: Dan Bergner, the author, is an old acquaintance.) The story offers up a road map of female desire as charted by postfeminist scientists, who have been exploring female desire with gusto. Guess what? What women want in bed is far more complex and, well, polymorphously perverse than some had formerly thought. In fact, no one understands any of it yet.

Yet one interesting idea emerges from the piece: the notion that female desire is based less on intimacy (the old truism) than on the perception of being desired—a notion that, it would seem, complicates feminist notions of owning your sexuality. To take just a few bits of research from the piece: As Bergner reports, scientists have long wondered why women sometimes describe feeling arousal (even orgasm) during nonconsensual sex; some scientists now theorize that it stems from an evolutionary adaptation to early human sex. (Women whose genitals remained unlubricated were more susceptible to injury, infection, and, consequently, death.)
http://www.slate.com/blogs/blogs/xxfactor/archive/2009/01/26/the-sexual-fluidity-of-women.aspx

I have found that the women who are more in touch with their erotic selves, particularly those who have experienced the power of the erotic through rape and thus can not ignore it and also can not abide by the feminists juvenile thinking on sexual power, tend to be the ones who are most willing to play with sexual power. These women firefly would label victims, and those who play with them abusers. I find this to be a massive miscarriage of justice, individual rights, as well as reality.
Ionus

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 06:04 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
Maybe you can talk some sense into the ones on this thread that seem to think every reported rape is false or that the women/men should just get over it.
Try not to be hysterical and pigeon hole everyone except yourself.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 06:13 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Right--those are fantasies, not actual rape situations. And the fantasy is under her control. Fantasy can be very liberating.
Agreed.
Quote:
The crime of rape is not a fantasy. It is an actual sexual assault.
The crime of rape is now looking like a dogs breakfast. If the woman wants to she can cry wolf or rape or whatever she pleases and men will hurt. It was the libbies pushing for all this....are they Misandrists ? Hell yes !!
Quote:
Women who fantasize about rape are not indicating a desire to actually be raped, and that is what the research on this subject indicates. So, why do you keep bringing up fantasies when discussing the crime of rape?
Because it can make the fantasy even stronger and get lots of sympathy hugs if they squeel rape even though nothing of the sort happened. The US Air Force did a study that found 60% of rapes where the actual man was punished never occurred. This was done by signing of waivers etc and visiting the women more tha 5 years after the event. What happened to men;s rights ?
Ionus

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 06:14 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Call me BORING (that can happen), but I have very conventional attitudes that do not include playing games. I like to be straightforward and "NO" means "OK, Good nite."
Me too ! An you may be a lot things to a lot of people Dave, but boring is not one of them. Very Happy
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 06:15 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
As we have seen discussing this subject even at a2k is difficult, so successful have the rape feminists been is shutting down discussion and preventing science from producing evidence that counters your claims.

This thread is now on page 259, so discussing this subject at A2K has not been difficult.

There is considerable scientific study in the area of rape. You should try reading it.

I haven't been making "claims". All I have said, throughout this thread, is that I want current rape laws enforced.

You are the one making all sorts of claims, and you are the one trying to promote a political agenda. And, rather than admit that your views run counter to the beliefs of the majority of men and women, you persist in constructing a bogeyman--the "rape feminists"--who you can't even identify by name--and carry on about "their crude manipulation of sexual morality". Sexual assault laws reflect the morality of the community--that's how they get passed into law. It's you who are determined to try to manipulate sexual morality to conform to your own peculiar notions, and very few people agree with you.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 06:17 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
that seem to think every reported rape is false or that the women/men should just get over it.
for the record this is not my view. I want real rapists (old def) to be put away in jail, and most everyone else who is involved in an alleged sexual transgression (all parties) to end up in front of a therapist, so that hopefully they can handle themselves better the next time.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 06:25 pm
The problem is, there are many places that teach that all men are actual or potential rapists.
That seems to me to indicate that women are being taught to consider all sex rape, and thats wrong also.

This is from the Southern University of New Orleans...
http://www.suno.edu/Campus_Police/prevention.html

Quote:
Realize that women have ample reason to consider every man a potential rapist.

Xavier University says the same thing...
http://www.xavier.edu/police/Reporting-a-Sexual-Assault-.cfm

Also, there have been cases where a man has been charged with rape, if during sex, he didnt pull out fast enough after she had changed her mind.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1584786-1,00.html

And here is an interesting quote from the article...

Quote:
In Maryland, rape is determined at the beginning of the sex act, and therefore consent is officially given at that point

So the claim that rape in an act of violence and that only men are responsible is not completely true.