Hey, Can A Woman "Ask To Get Raped"?

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2010 01:00 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

OCCOM BILL wrote:
I, for one, find it annoying that Robert has thus far allowed you to circumvent his system with impunity and hope he will soon take steps to prevent your tampering... before this site earns the nickname of Able2Troll.

I, for one, find it annoying that you pull accusations right our of your ass, without a shred of evidence, then get all pissy about it with great strength of conviction when I fail to jump to action about it in a manner that suits your fancy.
There was/is more than enough circumstantial evidence of tampering for anyone with a brain, Robert. If you're too lazy to look, or too dishonest to admit it, that's your problem, not mine.

Robert Gentel wrote:
You'll have to learn to deal with your own playground disputes, I am not your private army and this pattern of trying to make your personal problems with other members a matter of the very viability of the site is silly.
You flatter yourself with this army BS (as if I need any help from you, or anyone in a verbal exchange with an illiterate half-wit like RM Rolling Eyes ), and you cater to trolls at the expense of decent people like BBB who were ridiculed by them for having the courage to share their horrific stories. If you think that’s good for your community, hell, it’s yours… keep catering to trolls. I made no suggestion that the very viability of the site was in jeopardy, and would agree that would be silly. I suggested that if the site keeps catering to trolls it will earn the nickname, Able2Troll. It will.

Robert Gentel wrote:
I have better things to do than hold a grown man's hand on a forum. If you have a problem with Bill (which is perfectly understandable, I've had my own) you can deal with it like an adult and stop whining for me to take the action you decree.
I deal with the demented coward just fine without your assistance, asshole, so save your hand-holding BS for someone who deserves such scorn. It wasn't until he started gaming your system that I thought you'd like to be aware. I see how much you appreciate it.

Since then, all the damage that everyone here knows he did has magically been repaired, while you pretend I'm somehow the problem? You can kiss my ass, Robert.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2010 11:03 am
@firefly,
If anyone cannot understand why that situation is so sickening then this world is in a real mess.
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2010 12:35 pm
@BillRM,
No one is censoring you Bill. I don't care to hear anymore of your views because I find them really twisted, dishonest and distorted. The reason I find your views as such is because YOU YOURSELF have made it perfectly clear. I don't find that you care squat about what anyone else thinks. I have every right to not speak to you if that is my desire. No one has stopped you from posting a single thing on A2K so no one is censoring you. You don't have to read what I post anymore than I have to read what you post.
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2010 05:01 pm
@BillRM,
Just for your information, if I didn't read it the first time, I'm surely not going to read it the second time.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2010 05:05 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

OCCOM BILL wrote:
There was/is more than enough circumstantial evidence of tampering for anyone with a brain, Robert.

Nonsense, you presented no evidence at all, just an overactive and petty imagination coupled with stubborn strength of conviction.
Right. Over the course of a couple hours a half a dozen demented misogynistic assholes in a row just happened to show up, shortly after RM claimed his location couldn't be pinned down and that he was going to get some "friends" to do just that. Shortly thereafter he shows back up just giddy with his accomplishment; and the brilliant Robert Gentile can't make the connection? Rolling Eyes Your ignorance can only be the product of laziness, dishonesty or apathy, because you're far too smart to be that stupid.

Robert Gentel wrote:
Quote:
If you think that’s good for your community, hell, it’s yours… keep catering to trolls. I made no suggestion that the very viability of the site was in jeopardy, and would agree that would be silly. I suggested that if the site keeps catering to trolls it will earn the nickname, Able2Troll. It will.

This is just more hyperbolic nonsense. Every time you get pissed off at someone you decide that if "Robert" doesn't do something about it then this place will go to the trolls. It's a very self-important and annoying world view.

Laughing Keep whacking that strawman if it makes you feel better Robert, but it's bullshit and we both know it. Again, I merely pointed out that the place would earn the nickname Able2Troll if it kept catering to trolls. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings, and you know I respect what you've done here as much as anyone, but catering to the likes of the demented duo serves mostly to discourage victims from finding solace on the help threads. If you weren't hell-bent on trying to blame shift and belittle me for pointing out the truth of this; you would simply admit the obvious truth.

When a woman shares a story like having been abused for failure to climax during sex, and some demented asshole questions her sincerity because she didn't simply fake it to avoid the beatings... it is pretty obvious what effect such disgusting trolling will have. Then when this same demented piece of **** games the system to keep his demented rambling public to strangers, and essentially brags about it, even while disappearing more thoughtful poster's content, you decide to play dumb and get mad at the guy who protests? Pull your head out of your ass, Robert.

Robert Gentel wrote:

What you do qualifies as trolling for some people, who say the same about the site if we don't get rid of you. This is the kind of forum pettiness that makes me avoid this site. No, the world doesn't revolve around you guys and your petty disputes and no the site will not go to the trolls if we don't immediately take the action you deem necessary. Grow up already, I'm sick of you invoking me every time you have a playground spat here.
Keep repeating that silly strawman, and keep catering to trolls, and you'll leave me little choice but to blame you for doing it. Who else should be held accountable for your decisions?

As for your tired nonsense about "some people think you're the troll"... please. Some people have the credibility of the Iraqi Information Minister (loved that guy) during the fall of Saddam. The fact that you're willing to conflate my posting history with that of the demented troll mostly serves to demonstrate your dishonesty when you're in tantrum-mode. Maybe I do have some growing up left to do, but certainly no more than you do sir.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2010 05:17 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
No one is censoring you Bill.
This is not exactly true. I censor his disgusting BS manually, rather than putting him on ignore, precisely to hopefully spare the next innocent newcomer from being discouraged by his disgust-invoking demented misogyny whenever I see it. I've also voted his posts up (on exceedingly rare occasions) when he opines something that actually makes sense (most recently when he opined that children shouldn't be raised in an environment of abuse.)

This was my understanding of how this system was designed to work, and is quite apparently the only means of diminishing the damage done by blatant disgusting trolls.
Intrepid

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2010 05:23 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Ah, but do you consider it censorship if it is the individual who is voting that idiot down? Nobody said he couldn't post. It is just that nobody wants to read it. Well, a lot anyhow.

After all, that is why Robert put the function in, isn't it? So moderation can be eliminated. Does seem odd that he wanted to allow moderation to the Phili folks. That, however, seems to have died an uneventful death.
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2010 05:30 pm
@BillRM,
There is no way I can hide anything you say from anyone on A2K. I don't know where you come up with that. If I vote you down or ignore you there is still something there that says post voted down (view) or user ignored (view). All I have to do is click on view and voila! there you are! So if someone wants to see you they can see you. If you are ignored on my computer it doesn't mean you are ignored on anyone else's.