Hey, Can A Woman "Ask To Get Raped"?

Below viewing threshold (view)
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2010 05:44 pm
@BillRM,
Look, it's like this. I don't care for your "views". I find them pretty despicable Bill. Why would I want to see you? If I want to ignore you, I will. If I want to vote you down, I will. You are free to do the same thing. The only difference is, I'm not going to whine about it.

If anyone really wants to read what you say they won't ignore you and they will be looking for your voted down posts so they don't miss them. That's just the way it is
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2010 05:53 pm
@BillRM,
This is the year 2010. 2008 is the past.
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2010 05:56 pm
@BillRM,
Well, have at it. Vote me down. Ignore me. I don't care. Actually, I think I'd prefer it.
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2010 06:07 pm
@BillRM,
I am not discussing the topic of this thread with you. You have not wanted to discuss the topic from its inception so I am afraid I'm not buying that you are interested in talking about it now.

You take care. I wish only the best for you but I don't care to converse with you anymore. So, I am going to leave you on ignore. Buh-bye.
panzade

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2010 06:16 pm
As you've posted before FF, there is still a lot of bias in police forces although that seems to be changing.

Quote:
But the basic problem with pouring resources into these systems is that an estimated 87 percent of sex crimes each year are committed by individuals without a prior sex-crime conviction.

That leaves less money for programs to prevent sexual violence and to counsel victims. There also is less money for rape investigation units, evidence testing and other tools that could help apprehend rapists who never reach the status of convicted offender.

The criminal justice system has a dismal record on responding to rapes when they are first reported. National FBI data show that in 2008, only 21 percent of reported rapes led to an arrest, and there were even fewer convictions. In Ohio, 4,419 rapes were reported in 2008, with 487 arrests -- an arrest rate of 11 percent.

One reason rape cases don't move through the system is the way police and prosecutors make decisions about which cases are worth investigating.

National studies show that police are less likely to invest resources in so-called acquaintance rape cases, more than 80 percent of those reported, or in cases where they have concerns about the victim's credibility. Experts say this reflects myths still prevalent in the criminal justice system -- that a sexual assault isn't really rape unless committed by a stranger, and that women lie about being raped.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2010 06:49 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

Ah, but do you consider it censorship if it is the individual who is voting that idiot down? Nobody said he couldn't post. It is just that nobody wants to read it. Well, a lot anyhow.
Quite true. I must have thought she wrote censuring. :wink:

Intrepid wrote:

After all, that is why Robert put the function in, isn't it? So moderation can be eliminated. Does seem odd that he wanted to allow moderation to the Phili folks. That, however, seems to have died an uneventful death.
I believe that is precisely why he installed the function, and using it vigorously is the reason for half my stops in over the last several weeks. It is the only thing at our disposal to discourage trolls. So much the pity that the community at large hasn't yet embraced the system, with both up and down votes, because I bet it's difficult to set the threshold where trolls will disappear without also disappearing merely unpopular political posts.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2010 09:58 pm
@BillRM,
Who rapes the FBI? That's mighty newsworthy!
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2010 10:14 pm
I was surprised to see this thread was still chugging along. Brava to all the women who shared personal and painful stories, Bravo to the men who were not afraid to be men. My personal opinion is that the two sfb's that continue to bugger this thread are arrested adolescents, with no actual knowledge of any anatomy female or male. The other case is it is only one male, who weighs 600 pounds and sits in front of his computer nude. This is as close to intimacy that he will ever get.......which is why he doesn't comprehend rape, molestations, or anything dealing with matters below the belt.,.....Try to think of it as instruction to your pre-teen children....make them stop giggling....make them understand...and if they don't comply....cut them off for awhile and send them back to childhood.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 05:00 am
Bill, I have you on ignore, but I checked you out just due to morbid interest. I am a Feminist, so I'm not worried about that, I just wish I could find you a doctor who could cure your medieval beliefs. Hahahahahaha hody ho ho, like that's even a possibility. I would be happy to send you a tread mill, if you want to drop about 400 pounds, but I would like to hear that you are actually interested in exercise and therapy. I shudder to think what kind of person your Mom or Dad was, but you don't have to be imprisoned to the past. There may still be hope for you. I haven't invested a great deal of hopes/dreams about that. But hey, sometimes some really sorry folks find their way out of the morass. I wish you well, I hope you don't have to remain an angry sadsack for whatever time is left for you.