Patriot Act is unconstitutional!

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 03:37 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
the idea of "evil" is a rather primitive idea.
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 06:54 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;48584 wrote:
the idea of "evil" is a rather primitive idea.

What about Hitler?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 09:48 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;48595 wrote:
What about Hitler?

he was a horrible man, who deserved to die! Although hitler was only doing what he thought was a good cause.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 10:44 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;48583 wrote:
but they do it for a reason, and in their eye's they think they're doing good.

A thug that breaks into a house, ties up everyone there, threatens their lives with handguns and steals them blind is not doing good in anyone's eyes. I think you posted that comment just to get a rise out those of us that are honest. You cannot possibly be that ignorant.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 12:04 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;48666 wrote:
A thug that breaks into a house, ties up everyone there, threatens their lives with handguns and steals them blind is not doing good in anyone's eyes. I think you posted that comment just to get a rise out those of us that are honest. You cannot possibly be that ignorant.

allow me to clearify what i mean

here is my definition of an evil person:
someone who knowingly does an immoral and cruel act for no personal gain.
socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 12:34 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;48693 wrote:
allow me to clearify what i mean

here is my definition of an evil person:
someone who knowingly does an immoral and cruel act for no personal gain.

180 degrees off - they knowingly perform cruel acts for personal gain and perverse pleasure, I would add.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 06:53 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;48712 wrote:
180 degrees off - they knowingly perform cruel acts for personal gain and perverse pleasure, I would add.

then i would say those people do exist.
Dmizer

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 12:35 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Back to the subject of this thread:

Ben Franklin said it best, "Those who would sacrifice liberty for the sake of security, shall have neither".
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 06:04 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;48666 wrote:

Dunno. Maybe.Very Happy
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 06:06 am
@Dmizer,
Dmizer;51277 wrote:
Back to the subject of this thread:

Ben Franklin said it best, "Those who would sacrifice liberty for the sake of security, shall have neither".

Yeah....and Franklin never fought in the Revolutionary War, was an old man when America gained independence, and never had the opportunity to get blown up in an airliner in mid-flight by Muslim terrorists. I doubt he even knew what Islam was.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 11:18 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;51282 wrote:
Yeah....and Franklin never fought in the Revolutionary War, was an old man when America gained independence, and never had the opportunity to get blown up in an airliner in mid-flight by Muslim terrorists. I doubt he even knew what Islam was.

Ben franklin contributed more to this country in 1 year than you will have in your entire life combined. Ben Franklin was a very intelligent man, he undoubtably knew what islam was and he most certainly contributed more to the independance war than any soldier. You do not share the vision of america that the founding fathers had in mind.
rugonnacry

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 01:00 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;51303 wrote:
Ben franklin contributed more to this country in 1 year than you will have in your entire life combined. Ben Franklin was a very intelligent man, he undoubtably knew what islam was and he most certainly contributed more to the independance war than any soldier. You do not share the vision of america that the founding fathers had in mind.

LMAO my head just went *poof*
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 08:11 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;51303 wrote:

And you do???? You wouldn't piss down America's throat if it were dying of thirst. :FU1:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 11:11 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;51387 wrote:
And you do???? You wouldn't piss down America's throat if it were dying of thirst. :FU1:

The difference is that i don't question the intregrity of one of the greatest founding fathers, and you do.....so who is the fool?

http://home.insightbb.com/~atroposmoirae/idiots.jpg
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 11:19 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Isn't the greatest form of patriotism, decent? The answer must be no as you wouldn't question it?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 05:48 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;51448 wrote:
Isn't the greatest form of patriotism, decent? The answer must be no as you wouldn't question it?

Questioning the constitution is never patriotic, questioning the government's will to follow the constitution however is patriotic!
socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 05:53 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
I see nothing wrong with questioning anything, anywhere, any time. Just do it with intelligence and accept the conclusions, good or bad.
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 06:48 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;51498 wrote:
Questioning the constitution is never patriotic, questioning the government's will to follow the constitution however is patriotic!

So the job of SCOTUS is not to question? I think your confused. I never new those sumbiaach's were being unpatriotic? Or maybe it is there job to question the words of the Constitution? And you would figure being free and having free speech a citizen while not getting paid for it should have the same ability? So when someone tells me that a right to privacy is a Constitution right, it is unpatriotic to question this? What about Sep of Church and State? I'm being unpatriotic again? What about when you say the patriot act is unConstitutional, oops better not ask lest i be unpatriotic? I see the point your getting too, when you do it it's called decent, when we do it were being unpatriotic. Can you explain this hypocracy?
socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 07:01 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
good points, DD
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 07:40 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;51524 wrote:
So the job of SCOTUS is not to question? I think your confused. I never new those sumbiaach's were being unpatriotic? Or maybe it is there job to question the words of the Constitution? And you would figure being free and having free speech a citizen while not getting paid for it should have the same ability? So when someone tells me that a right to privacy is a Constitution right, it is unpatriotic to question this? What about Sep of Church and State? I'm being unpatriotic again? What about when you say the patriot act is unConstitutional, oops better not ask lest i be unpatriotic? I see the point your getting too, when you do it it's called decent, when we do it were being unpatriotic. Can you explain this hypocracy?

If you don't like the constitution you can change it.