Patriot Act is unconstitutional!

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 07:46 pm
Key Part of Patriot Act Ruled Unconstitutional (washingtonpost.com)

SWEETNESS! :headbang:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 7,751 • Replies: 182
No top replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 08:45 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;45585 wrote:

Kill Al Qaeda.:rocketwhore:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 10:04 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;45591 wrote:
Kill Al Qaeda.:rocketwhore:

patriot act has nothing to do with "Al Qaeda"! Patriot is about unconstitutionaly monitering Americans who may not even be suspected of being terrorists!

Are you willing to give up your civil liberties?
Curmudgeon

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 11:41 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Can you cite something a little more current on this?
Your reference is from Thursday, September 30, 2004.
Has this been revisited or not?
and-
Quote:
ruling applies only to national security letters related to Internet and e-mail service providers.
92b16vx

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 09:39 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;45612 wrote:
Can you cite something a little more current on this?
Your reference is from Thursday, September 30, 2004.
Has this been revisited or not?
and-

Yea, I was wondering why I hadn't heard this on my other polical forum, they be screaming their heads off.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 12:27 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;45605 wrote:

Yes... I am, If you arent breaking the law you have nothing to worry about. the government doesn't care who is cheating on who, only if you plan on blowing something up.
klyph

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 12:36 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;45633 wrote:
Yes... I am, If you arent breaking the law you have nothing to worry about. the government doesn't care who is cheating on who, only if you plan on blowing something up.

I've asked this question before:

If the govt. told you they need to install cameras throughout your house to ensure that you are following all the laws, and that they also need to install a camera in your toilet as part of a public health monitoring program, would you let them? If your stool is always regular, what do you have to worry about?
Curmudgeon

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 02:44 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Of course I wouldn't and I don't think such a scenario is imminent in the USA.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 03:40 pm
@Curmudgeon,
[SIZE="4"]"Those who sacrifice civil liberties in the name of security deserve neither!"[/SIZE]

-Ben Franklin
klyph

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 04:29 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
My point was the "If you aren't doing something wrong, you have nothing to worry about"
argument is completely illogical and downright irresponsible. You expect the government to never abuse it's power, like they have some sort of high moral standard that makes them immune from corruption. It's moronic to say the least.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 04:37 pm
@klyph,
klyph;45663 wrote:
My point was the "If you aren't doing something wrong, you have nothing to worry about"
argument is completely illogical and downright irresponsible. You expect the government to never abuse it's power, like they have some sort of high moral standard that makes them immune from corruption. It's moronic to say the least.

I completely agree! :thumbup:
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 05:48 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;45652 wrote:
Of course I wouldn't and I don't think such a scenario is imminent in the USA.

Not too day. Incrementalism is a tactic for stripping rights without anyone caring much. A little here, get used to it, a litlle more here, get used to it, some here, get used to it, eventually you're walking around the house in your underwear on CCTV.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 07:58 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Hogwash!
92b16vx

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 08:12 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;45691 wrote:
Hogwash!

No, it's not. Look at the legislature I posted, and look at the executive orders BushCo has been signing. Incrementalism is real, and it is happpening. Democrats know they can't ban guns outright, so they started banning features, banning the import of certain items, getting tax increases on ammo, making it more difficult for gun manufacturers by requiring that all firearms in Commiefornia have microstamping by a certian year. You don't have to believe it, I really don't care if you do or not, it doesn't change the fact that it is happening.
Drakej

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 08:29 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;45693 wrote:
No, it's not. Look at the legislature I posted, and look at the executive orders BushCo has been signing. Incrementalism is real, and it is happpening. Democrats know they can't ban guns outright, so they started banning features, banning the import of certain items, getting tax increases on ammo, making it more difficult for gun manufacturers by requiring that all firearms in Commiefornia have microstamping by a certian year. You don't have to believe it, I really don't care if you do or not, it doesn't change the fact that it is happening.

100% Agree with every thing stated in this post.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 09:23 am
@klyph,
klyph;45634 wrote:
I've asked this question before:

If the govt. told you they need to install cameras throughout your house to ensure that you are following all the laws, and that they also need to install a camera in your toilet as part of a public health monitoring program, would you let them? If your stool is always regular, what do you have to worry about?

That is a ridiculous analogy. If you could run 55 mph and you were in a 35mph zone should you get in trouble for speeding.

You cant use oranges as your argument for apples.

However I can still bitch slap your comment by answering it.

There is a strong difference between criminal activity and my turds. HOWEVER if it was the law, and it did what it was supposed to do (IE PATRIOT ACT keeping us safer) then Yes they are welcome to place cameras anywhere they like. I am not modest.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f378/rugonnacry/ryanshitting.jpg
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 09:24 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
(if its on take off your swear filter)
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 12:34 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;45605 wrote:
patriot act has nothing to do with "Al Qaeda"! Patriot is about unconstitutionaly monitering Americans who may not even be suspected of being terrorists!

Too simplistic. Sorry, it doesn't come down to that. Are you willing to have your head slowly sawed off on TV?:angryfire:
Drakej

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 02:54 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
I do not agree with the patriot act at all. We have given permission for Project Carnivore and pretty soon they will be black bagging suspected suspicious could be someone bad type people. I am not okay with someone, anyone invading my right to privacy. Lets pretend that I sell a truck for cash. Its a 2004 Toyota Tacoma, a guy pays 10 grand in cash. I take that 10k down to the bank and put it in my account. Well that is a red flag, I just deposited a large sum of money in my account. So now what happens if they flag my girlfriend, they flag my brother and a few other close friends. During there investigation they find out that I visit this website. Pretty soon they are flagging you and your friends. Giving up our rights, the things that make us who we are, the very core of this country and its whole way of life is exactly what extremists want. They sit back and laugh in there caves about how afraid we are, how we are willing to give every thing away to stay safe. But think about it like this, how doe programs like "The Patriot" act protect us? We waste money on honest Americans and there friends/family/associates when we could not pick up the Intel on something as large as 9/11? Carnivore was in place way before the patriot act. So imagine now what they are implementing now.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 06:09 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;45720 wrote:
Too simplistic. Sorry, it doesn't come down to that. Are you willing to have your head slowly sawed off on TV?:angryfire:

More Americans are killed by peanuts than terrorists! :peace:
0 Replies