Is Iran still a threat?

scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 09:59 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;48336 wrote:
Not so fast, Scoob. Your conquerors and masters, the English, captured Indo-China from the Japanese at the end of WWII, and GAVE IT BACK TO ITS FRENCH COLONIZERS, whose return provoked Ho Chi Minh and his guerrillas. Once again, your hands are bloody, too. :devilheadbang:

LOL ho chi minh helped the british and the americans fight and defeat the japanese pino,he then drove the french out,before doing the same to the mighty USA,the most powerful country in the world.

MY HANDS ARE NOT BLOODY :thumbup:
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 10:02 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;48344 wrote:
you say that we beat the Brittish in the idependance war yet deny that we lost the vietnam...

can anyone say: DOUBLE-STANDARD?

pino,just likes to babble on :thumbdown:
socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 12:49 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;48387 wrote:
pino,just likes to babble on :thumbdown:

and you love to incite him. Makes for interesting reading. Thrust - parry, thrust-parry, tag - you're it.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 01:32 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;48527 wrote:
and you love to incite him. Makes for interesting reading. Thrust - parry, thrust-parry, tag - you're it.

He is the main reason i come on here Very Happy RAMBO
socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 01:40 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;48554 wrote:

Me, too - but I miss Red...
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 01:44 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;48561 wrote:
Me, too - but I miss Red...

Her history was very poor Very Happy a would be ann coulter :eek:
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 03:27 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;48554 wrote:

Pino, Campbell, and Red-Devil are the only reasons i'm on this site!
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 06:23 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;48386 wrote:
LOL ho chi minh helped the british and the americans fight and defeat the japanese pino,he then drove the french out,before doing the same to the mighty USA,the most powerful country in the world.

MY HANDS ARE NOT BLOODY :thumbup:

The Brits turned over the colonies to the French. You imperialist.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 09:06 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;48815 wrote:
The Brits turned over the colonies to the French. You imperialist.

The brits and the yanks both did :thumbdown: which was shocking in my opinion,especially after ho chi minh had helped defeat the japanese.
0 Replies

g-man

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 12:12 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;47547 wrote:
You, and you ilk are ones destroying America. You'd thrust us deeper into debt to fund a war against a country that has never attacked us, simply because they are muslims. I was on the ground in Iraq, I know what it's really like there, and what the people are really like, you have no clue except what the TeeVee tells you. I never demand respect for my service to my country, but I'll be damned if I am not going to speak out when I see your blatant lies. The neocon level of hypocrisy has taken hypocrisy to a new level. Your war mongering makes more countries hate us, you ego running the show is going to make MORE Americans targets. Maybe you should read that bible you hold so dearly again, you seem to have missed a WHOLE LOT.

Being somewhere does not make one an expert on the feelings and idealism of the people of a nation. My son was a Navy Seal in Desert Storm. I was a grunt in Nam. He nor I spent much time studying the political or personal feelings of our host or our enemy. The mission is first and foremost. Anything else is simply attempts at self gratification. I don't speak gook, my boy doesn't speak Iraqi. Translators don't have the time to sit around and translate small talk. Sometimes, on long wet nights some small talk occurred. But it was rare. After Nam, I spent 2 years in Germany. I'm not an expert on German attitudes either. Germans are fine with me unless some of their citizens attempt to or kill some of ours. then, the war monger in me comes out. The leaders of nations need to consider their words carefully at the podium. The world listens and responds. Thanks to Adolf Hitler.
92b16vx

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 01:14 am
@g-man,
g-man;49224 wrote:
Being somewhere does not make one an expert on the feelings and idealism of the people of a nation. My son was a Navy Seal in Desert Storm. I was a grunt in Nam. He nor I spent much time studying the political or personal feelings of our host or our enemy. The mission is first and foremost. Anything else is simply attempts at self gratification. I don't speak gook, my boy doesn't speak Iraqi. Translators don't have the time to sit around and translate small talk. Sometimes, on long wet nights some small talk occurred. But it was rare. After Nam, I spent 2 years in Germany. I'm not an expert on German attitudes either. Germans are fine with me unless some of their citizens attempt to or kill some of ours. then, the war monger in me comes out. The leaders of nations need to consider their words carefully at the podium. The world listens and responds. Thanks to Adolf Hitler.

Some people pay attention to their surroundings, and learn what they can. I talked to hundreds of Iraqis during my stay there, the feelings are almost 100% the same regarding Americans, and America. We worked with Iraqis everyday, both military, and civilians, you and your sons experiances, are not my experiances, and you can not tell em what I knwo, and don't know based on your own, kthanxbuhbye.
g-man

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 08:00 am
@hatukazi,
hatukazi;47457 wrote:
America is in ruins right NOW!

most people do not hate America,
especially those of us who live here
people can hate the actions of our country
and how we present ourselves on the world stage
people can hate our failing econmy
people can hate the hypocrisy of our government
and NONE of that has anything to do with Iran.

The U.S. is in ruins? What corner of the ghetto do you live in? Glad to see they have internet connections there.
Our failing economy? The unemployment rate is around 4.8%. As low as it has ever been. The last time the economy was actually bad enough to effect the average citizen was in the recession of 1978.
When Iran made Jimmy Carter weak in the knees. Abducted and held for ransom American citizens.
Iran has created the current tensions by supplying murderers with the tools to kill American soldiers and Ahmadinejad repeatedly calling for the demise of the Jews who happen to be allies.
0 Replies

g-man

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 08:19 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;49228 wrote:
Some people pay attention to their surroundings, and learn what they can. I talked to hundreds of Iraqis during my stay there, the feelings are almost 100% the same regarding Americans, and America. We worked with Iraqis everyday, both military, and civilians, you and your sons experiances, are not my experiances, and you can not tell em what I knwo, and don't know based on your own, kthanxbuhbye.

You're right, I can't tell em what you know. I can however suggest that presenting yourself as all knowing and dismissing their views because you had conversations with people who have never in their history managed to bring their nation to democracy for the good of the people makes you seem pompus and slightly ignorant. Ignorant not being used in a derogatory manner. If people hate America, that is their choice. But, it does not mean their hatred is justified nor reasonable.
DurtySanches

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 11:10 am
@jeffh83,
92 feels like we need to be reasonable but some he allows the excuse.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 10:53 pm
@g-man,
g-man;49233 wrote:
You're right, I can't tell em what you know. I can however suggest that presenting yourself as all knowing and dismissing their views because you had conversations with people who have never in their history managed to bring their nation to democracy for the good of the people makes you seem pompus and slightly ignorant. Ignorant not being used in a derogatory manner. If people hate America, that is their choice. But, it does not mean their hatred is justified nor reasonable.

Are you aware that Iraq and Iran had a much greater voter turn-out last year than America ever has??? So how can you say that they don't strive for democracy when you have absolutely no idea.

Hate is the brood of ignorance!
92b16vx

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 08:18 am
@g-man,
g-man;49233 wrote:

What makes you think they WANT democracy?
92b16vx

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 08:19 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;49309 wrote:
Are you aware that Iraq and Iran had a much greater voter turn-out last year than America ever has??? So how can you say that they don't strive for democracy when you have absolutely no idea.

Hate is the brood of ignorance!

You know why? Because they thought the war would end, and America would leave. Boy, did that backfire on them.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 12:28 pm
@g-man,
g-man;49233 wrote:

I do see the US putting pressure on the saudis to become a democracy !
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 10:00 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
So......Iran is now proceeding directly with the construction of numerous nuke sites, such that there is renewed talk of sanctions, yet we're supposed to condemn Bush for having suspected them of wanting The Bomb?????? Right. :thumbdown:
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 10:11 pm
@jeffh83,
http://www.necnp.org/files/newsletters/stacks.jpg

ZOMG!!!, California's gonna nuke tha christians!!! Run for you life, THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!