Is Iran still a threat?

jeffh83

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 11:17 am
Bush says Iran still a threat despite recent intelligence report regarding Iran's (lack of) nuclear weapon programs
Bush says Iran still a threat despite recent intelligence report regarding Iran's (lack of) nuclear weapon programs
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,564 • Replies: 107
No top replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 11:30 am
@jeffh83,
the US seems to be the one thats pushing for war,not iran.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 07:28 pm
@jeffh83,
Iran is lethal. The West should unite to dismantle it in detail.
92b16vx

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 10:17 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;47357 wrote:
Iran is lethal. The West should unite to dismantle it in detail.

So all facts out the window, and let your bruised ego continue more useless war that you aren't fighting in but are happy to froth at the mouth to support? Good deal.
hatukazi

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 11:21 pm
@92b16vx,
I may be a little ignorant here but what exactly is the big deal with Iran developing and maintaining a nuclear arsenal?

anybody they bomb would hit them back and they know this.

no way they could hit the us or anybody without us knowing in advance since we have satellites that track the movement of radioactive materials.

they may already have chemical/biological weapons and those can not be tracked from space and so are more dangerous. Also sold to extremists more easily.

so why make such a fuss about enriched uranium? it's not even a bomb yet you need a lot more than uranium to make a bomb.
Campbell34

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 05:23 am
@hatukazi,
hatukazi;47378 wrote:
I may be a little ignorant here but what exactly is the big deal with Iran developing and maintaining a nuclear arsenal?

anybody they bomb would hit them back and they know this.

no way they could hit the us or anybody without us knowing in advance since we have satellites that track the movement of radioactive materials.

they may already have chemical/biological weapons and those can not be tracked from space and so are more dangerous. Also sold to extremists more easily.

so why make such a fuss about enriched uranium? it's not even a bomb yet you need a lot more than uranium to make a bomb.

Yes they would be hit, yet some of them over there might think that is their ticket to pardise. They may not look at being nuked as a bad thing. There are a lot of men over there who just love wareing those bomb belts.
With that kind of mentality, Iran haveing nukes would not be a good thing at all.
92b16vx

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 09:30 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;47384 wrote:
Yes they would be hit, yet some of them over there might think that is their ticket to pardise. They may not look at being nuked as a bad thing. There are a lot of men over there who just love wareing those bomb belts.
With that kind of mentality, Iran haveing nukes would not be a good thing at all.

You can't put a nuclear device on a bomb vest, don't let paranoia destroy ya. Israel has what? Over 200 nuclear weapons ALREADY!!! Iran has...zero. Iran won't have nuclear weapons for...years. Get over your complex about Israel, they can defend themselves better than most of America.
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 09:42 am
@jeffh83,
Anybody who believes this latest intel report is fooling himself. Hell, it was probably fabricated to once again slander Bush.
92b16vx

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 09:46 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;47409 wrote:
Anybody who believes this latest intel report is fooling himself. Hell, it was probably fabricated to once again slander Bush.

Yes sure, 16 intelligence agencies got together and decided to throw a pie in the Deciders face. You people are a joke. "OMFG the 'ranians gots NUUUUUUUUKES!! Tha 'telligance says sooo" to.."Oh, what a crock, that's got to be a lie, we all know that the 'ranians want nukes"

You foam-flecked rants from you armchairs for war are disgusting.
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 09:53 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;47414 wrote:
Yes sure, 16 intelligence agencies got together and decided to throw a pie in the Deciders face. You people are a joke. "OMFG the 'ranians gots NUUUUUUUUKES!! Tha 'telligance says sooo" to.."Oh, what a crock, that's got to be a lie, we all know that the 'ranians want nukes"

You foam-flecked rants from you armchairs for war are disgusting.

More sympathy for the enemy. You won't be happy until America is in ruins.
I think it's wrong for you to demand respect from people as a US war-vet, while at the same time sliming America as if you hated it. It's unethical. You can't be a patriotic hero and a traitor, all in one. It's one or the other. What's it going to be? John Kerry 'fought' for America, but then betrayed it. I don't consider him a hero, and yes, I will publicly denounce him without any remorse. :no:
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 10:17 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;47409 wrote:

pino,you still believe iraq had something to do with 9/11 :beat:
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 10:25 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;47417 wrote:
I think it's wrong for you to demand respect from people as a US war-vet, while at the same time sliming America as if you hated it. It's unethical. You can't be a patriotic hero and a traitor, all in one. It's one or the other. What's it going to be? John Kerry 'fought' for America, but then betrayed it. I don't consider him a hero, and yes, I will publicly denounce him without any remorse. :no:

you talk some amount of crap pino,the right-wing in the US play the patriotic card all the time,if you dont support the war your anti american and a traitor,no one on this forum has said they hate the US,i certainly dont,i dont like Bush and his neo-con mates and i certainly dont like their foreign policy,that is not anti-american,its a matter of opinion.

Regarding john kerry,he volunteered to go to vietnam,because at that time he thought it was the right thing to do,he changed his mind once he had been there and seen what it was really like,the US lost in vietnam because they didnt have the support of the majority of the people,maybe thats what happens when you drop tonnes of chemical weapons on them.
0 Replies

hatukazi

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 01:15 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;47417 wrote:

America is in ruins right NOW!

most people do not hate America,
especially those of us who live here
people can hate the actions of our country
and how we present ourselves on the world stage
people can hate our failing econmy
people can hate the hypocrisy of our government

and NONE of that has anything to do with Iran.
92b16vx

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 09:09 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;47417 wrote:

You, and you ilk are ones destroying America. You'd thrust us deeper into debt to fund a war against a country that has never attacked us, simply because they are muslims. I was on the ground in Iraq, I know what it's really like there, and what the people are really like, you have no clue except what the TeeVee tells you. I never demand respect for my service to my country, but I'll be damned if I am not going to speak out when I see your blatant lies. The neocon level of hypocrisy has taken hypocrisy to a new level. Your war mongering makes more countries hate us, you ego running the show is going to make MORE Americans targets. Maybe you should read that bible you hold so dearly again, you seem to have missed a WHOLE LOT.
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 07:02 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;47376 wrote:
So all facts out the window, and let your bruised ego continue more useless war that you aren't fighting in but are happy to froth at the mouth to support? Good deal.

They're not facts. They're supposedly informed opinions. No material evidence changed, just analytical opinions. Not enough. Iran showed us what it's all about back in '79. Screw Iran. Bomb it.:rocketwhore:
92b16vx

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 07:08 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;47845 wrote:
They're not facts. They're supposedly informed opinions. No material evidence changed, just analytical opinions. Not enough. Iran showed us what it's all about back in '79. Screw Iran. Bomb it.:rocketwhore:

No facts, or material evidence, that's your whole case against Iran too you know. As far as the Islamic Revolution, good for them, taking back their country from teh puppet dictator the CIA helped install so the ******* Bristish could rape their oil.

Hmm a revolution to over through British oppression...sounds familiar...where have I heard that before...hmmmm....
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 07:17 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;47851 wrote:
No facts, or material evidence, that's your whole case against Iran too you know. As far as the Islamic Revolution, good for them, taking back their country from teh puppet dictator the CIA helped install so the ***ing Bristish could rape their oil.

Hmm a revolution to over through British oppression...sounds familiar...where have I heard that before...hmmmm....

Look at you -- the perfect Muslim sympathizer. You went native.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 07:20 pm
@Pinochet73,
America should return to it's roots -- Non-interventionalism
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 07:22 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;47860 wrote:
Look at you -- the perfect Muslim sympathizer. You went native.

Whats wrong with sympathy? After all, it's only a small group of muslim extremists that are the threat, in fact many muslims helped the US fight communism and terrorism....but of course thats not important right? :dunno:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 07:23 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;47863 wrote:
America should return to it's roots -- Non-interventionalism

We've never been. Who told you that? The entire story of the Americas is drenched in blood.:no: