Iran Isreal and US

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 03:20 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;50555 wrote:
You are going by what you resd in the bible,which has a judeo/christian point of view,the jews conquered caananites,but are you trying to tell me none survived,fled or assimilated with other tribes in the region.

So,what became of the displaced cannanites.Certainly many were killed,but history shows that many survived outside the borders of present day israel.They survive in places where the name Amorite is only scarcely masked - in the regions of Morocco,Mauretania and neighbouribg Tunisia and Algeria.When they were driven out of Canaan they fled to Africa,to a land that was rightfully their own,and they have been there for over 3000 years,Unlike many peoples,they actually know who their ancestors were.They are people known as the Berbers,living along the Barbary coast of northern africa.Locals legends survive that they are the people driven out of Cannan by joshua and later generations of Israelite leaders.

Nice post. I like the provided evidence in particular.

The Berbers have always lived in Africa, at least they were there a loooong time before Israel.
Reagaknight

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 03:23 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;50556 wrote:
It dosent matter what i say,you seem to think the jews have a divine right to the land no matter what,numerous different tribes and nations conquered and ruled the land,and im sure they all have left some ancestry behind.

"What kind of PR is it to admit is it to admit that you commited genocide"
Well the world knows about the holocaust of the Jews !

But the Jews were there longest, and they are really the only race major enough that has previously ruled the land and wants it.

What exactly is your reason to say that the Jews do not have a right to rule the land?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 03:28 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;50618 wrote:
Nice post. I like the provided evidence in particular.

The Berbers have always lived in Africa, at least they were there a loooong time before Israel.

Peoples and tribes have always came and gone,and assimalated within other tribes,you have just totally dismissed that they're are no peoples left on this planet who have cannanite ancestry,it dosent matter what i say,you seem to think that the Jews have the divine right to palestine no matter what,end of story.
Reagaknight

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 03:30 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;50620 wrote:
Peoples and tribes have always came and gone,and assimalated within other tribes,you have just totally dismissed that they're are no peoples left on this planet who have cannanite ancestry,it dosent matter what i say,you seem to think that the Jews have the divine right to palestine no matter what,end of story.

Well, maybe you would appear more credible if you could actually back up what you say.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 03:31 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;50619 wrote:
But the Jews were there longest, and they are really the only race major enough that has previously ruled the land and wants it.

What exactly is your reason to say that the Jews do not have a right to rule the land?

Who says they were there the longest,you and the bible ?

Lots of historians disagree with that,and the post about the berbers was written by a jew :thumbup:
scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 03:33 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;50622 wrote:
Well, maybe you would appear more credible if you could actually back up what you say.

And your credible evidence is the bible lol it must be true then :thumbup:
Reagaknight

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 03:34 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;50623 wrote:
Who says they were there the longest,you and the bible ?

Lots of historians disagree with that,and the post about the berbers was written by a jew :thumbup:

Good for him. What's his source? Folklore? I'd say the Bible, as a historical account, is a bit more valid considering there is about no proof otherwise. Care to prove me wrong?
Reagaknight

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 03:36 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;50625 wrote:
And your credible evidence is the bible lol it must be true then :thumbup:

The Bible is a valid historical resource. There is no such thing as an unbiased historical resource when it comes from one of two sides.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 03:37 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;50626 wrote:
Good for him. What's his source? Folklore? I'd say the Bible, as a historical account, is a bit more valid considering there is about no proof otherwise. Care to prove me wrong?

And who wrote the old testament written in the bible,not a very fair and balanced point of view is it ?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 03:39 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;50628 wrote:
The Bible is a valid historical resource. There is no such thing as an unbiased historical resource when it comes from one of two sides.

so it is biased then :thumbup:
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 03:46 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;50629 wrote:
And who wrote the old testament written in the bible,not a very fair and balanced point of view is it ?

Is any? The Bible, like it or not, is the most reliable historical source for the history of the region. Biased or not, it certainly states the history with many facts, very many of which are not flattering to the Jewish people.
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 04:22 pm
@Reagaknight,
The Bible is invaluable religious literature. It's neither history nor science. Nonetheless, it's extremely important.
Reagaknight

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 04:32 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;50637 wrote:
The Bible is invaluable religious literature. It's neither history nor science. Nonetheless, it's extremely important.

The Bible is full of historical accounts, they simply have religious undertones.
g-man

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 07:09 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;50204 wrote:
"The positives far outweigh the negatives" really ! the iraqi government is a mess, the people in control mostly shia,have their own militias,and the US is arming them,and we know that 60% of the population is shia,the same religion as Iran,yeh thing are looking good for the future :wtf:

Concerning the U.S., the war is definitely on the positive side. The greatest asset to date is the fact that there have been no terrorist style attacks in the U.S.. AQ members migrated to Iraq for the purpose of fighting Americans. They have done that and they have lost.
Shihite, Sunni, who cares? Muslim Arabs hate America and Jews. Anything America does to put the finger in the dike of Muslim advancement is a plus. It's just a matter of time till Iran or another Muslim nation or nations decide that all the infidels must die. Oh wait, they've already decided that.
Reagaknight

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 02:40 pm
@g-man,
Aw, scooby's on vacation. I have to wait a week for my daily dose of ill-informed opinions.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 06:56 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;50638 wrote:
The Bible is full of historical accounts, they simply have religious undertones.

I'd say the reverse is true. The Bible isn't history or science. Just a good religious read -- a very good one, at that.:thumbup:
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 07:05 pm
@g-man,
g-man;50647 wrote:
Concerning the U.S., the war is definitely on the positive side. The greatest asset to date is the fact that there have been no terrorist style attacks in the U.S.. AQ members migrated to Iraq for the purpose of fighting Americans. They have done that and they have lost.
Shihite, Sunni, who cares? Muslim Arabs hate America and Jews. Anything America does to put the finger in the dike of Muslim advancement is a plus. It's just a matter of time till Iran or another Muslim nation or nations decide that all the infidels must die. Oh wait, they've already decided that.

Yeah....I say let'm lay waste to each other. Who cares? They're barbarians, at best. Many are actually lower than that. They're savages.:no:
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 08:56 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;50702 wrote:
I'd say the reverse is true. The Bible isn't history or science. Just a good religious read -- a very good one, at that.:thumbup:

I have to disagree. Much of the Old Testament is verifiable as a good historical source. It's quite heavy on religious events, but it is nonetheless largely a historical account of the Jewish people and is generally a good outline of events.
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2008 07:48 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;50711 wrote:
I have to disagree. Much of the Old Testament is verifiable as a good historical source. It's quite heavy on religious events, but it is nonetheless largely a historical account of the Jewish people and is generally a good outline of events.

As a big fan of history and somebody whose job requires him to teach it accurately, as it's commonly viewed by the American public, I have to disagree. Again, it's not history. It's literature. How could it possibly qualify as history, with all its mythologies and fables? Then there's the massive issue of source verification and validation. I'll conceed that it's an interesting view of the Jews offered by editors of a text written about them by their fellow Jews. I guess what I'm saying is that I'll go as far as to recognize it as a note-worthy, collective autobiography of the ancient Hebrews.:dunno:
Reagaknight

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2008 08:55 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;50748 wrote:
As a big fan of history and somebody whose job requires him to teach it accurately, as it's commonly viewed by the American public, I have to disagree. Again, it's not history. It's literature. How could it possibly qualify as history, with all its mythologies and fables? Then there's the massive issue of source verification and validation. I'll conceed that it's an interesting view of the Jews offered by editors of a text written about them by their fellow Jews. I guess what I'm saying is that I'll go as far as to recognize it as a note-worthy, collective autobiography of the ancient Hebrews.:dunno:

Wikipedia wrote:

The section states that there is indeed a good case for the historical accuracy of the Bible. Much of the Old Testament content was recorded by contemporary scribes while the more miracle-laden parts were probably left to be embellished for a long time before they were recorded. However, there is no reason to doubt much of the Old Testament as an accurate, contemporary source for the history of the Jewish people and Israel. Though the account of the Conquest of Israel is highly controversial, the fact that there do not seem to be any remaining Caananites to speak of today seems to verify that particular part of the story. Simply because there seem to be many unrealistic and impossible events does not mean we can discount the more reasonably realistic parts as a whole.