PMS

littlek

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 05:55 pm
no arguments here. Actually, it's more like an allergy or something. I do like the occassional contact high, though.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 09:22 pm
little k & c
I just had a flashback...complete with smell...how wierd is that??
You know, I did do that--back then when needed, and it did help with the whole situation
Couldnt do that now..no no however great the idea of not functioning might sound

ehBeth...more between ovulation all the up to the point of but...then a couple days o- I aint going there (im hoping the next few years resolves this issue in SOME way) and then its just the normal gotta have it
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 01:56 am
Great thoughts everyone. I remember last year my doctor telling me to take vitamin E for the heavy bleeding, but I never did. I'm not sure if it will help with the PMS, but I did pick some up yesterday and I'll let you know what happens. I also grabbed some vitamin D since I don't get nearly as much sun as I should, being a night person.

CJ
I have used the pot before and it did help, but the stuff is far too expensive these days, so that's not an option.

I was a big fan of the heating pad when I use to have severe cramps as well and it worked wonders.

Hot baths are also good. I can spend hours in there :-)

When I was getting my vitamins yesterday I noticed a bottle of herbal pills for PMS and am wondering if anyone has ever tried herbs.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 02:34 am
Acupuncture (anecdotal, I know) has been the thing that has helped the women I know cursed with this thing most of all....
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 03:14 am
I've always wanted to try acupuncture, but I didn't know it worked for this as well. I'm going to break out the phone book one of these days and see if there's anyone in my area who does it. Thanks Deb.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 10:24 am
Accupuncture is gonna cost you more than weed, unless, of course, you get busted. Wink
0 Replies

kjvtrue

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 10:34 am
I'm having the oppsite problem, I'm 23, and I haven't had my Period since 17. I went to see so many OB's and Doctors about this problem, but none knew nothing about my problem, instead they make up an ridiculious excuse, saying, "it's because I'm overweight," and send me on my way with a sore Pelvic. "If I got a dime, for every time they do this, I would be a Millionare, by now!" "I totally have given up on OB's!"
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 11:43 am
I think you might mean that you don't get your period. PMS means "pre menstrul syndrome" and that happens before your period (but is usually also used to refer to the cramps during).

I have never heard of obesity being linked to reproductive problems, but I know that being malnourished prevents a period. (odd fact) Starving women in Africa have been known to use starvation combined with prolonged lactation as a form of birth control.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 12:08 pm
kjvtrue wrote:
I'm having the oppsite problem, I'm 23, and I haven't had my PMS since 17. I went to see so many OB's and Doctors about this problem, but none knew nothing about my problem, instead they make up an ridiculious excuse, saying, "it's because I'm overweight," and send me on my way with a sore Pelvic. "If I got a dime, for every time they do this, I would be a Millionare, by now!" "I totally have given up on OB's!"

I also agree that you must be talking about your period. PMS is about the mood swings, stress and all that fun stuff and it happens before the period. My PMS goes away as soon as I get my period.
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 12:57 pm
kjvtrue, from Our Bodies, Ourselves

Quote:
Amenorrhea

Another menstrual problem is amenorrhea, the absence of menstrual periods. ... Secondary amenorrhea is the cessation of menstruation after at least one period. Some causes are pregnancy; menopause; breast-feeding; excessive dieting or anorexia; starvation; heavy athletic training, especially during early adolescence; previous use of birth control pills; use of some drugs; a congenital defect of the genital tract; hormone imbalance; cysts or tumors; chronic illness; chromosomal abnormalitites; stress; or emotional factors. Often amenorrhea is caused by a combination of several of these factors. Because amenorrhea is a frequent symptom of infertility, medical textbooks and practitioners pay considerable more attention to it than to premenstrual problems or painful periods, although the latter two are far more common.

Home Remedies for Amenorrhea. As a home remedy to bring on your period or for unusually light periods, you might want to try pennyroyal leaf tea (don't use the oil; it can be toxic). Brew one teaspoon per cup. (Do not use pennyroyal if you are or might be pregnant and want to keep the pregnancy.) Also, a weight loss of 10 to 15% below a healthy minimum can stop your periods; a return to your minimum weight or more will usually corrrect this. If you've taken the birth control pill and have trouble getting regular menstrual cycles back, be sure to get enough calories and vitamins, and try getting somewhat less exercise. You can also try supplements of vitamin B6, folic acid, and vitamin E, and decrease the amount of protein you eat. Severe anemia can stop menstruation temporarily.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 09:03 pm
Portal Star wrote:
I have never heard of obesity being linked to reproductive problems, but I know that being malnourished prevents a period. (odd fact) Starving women in Africa have been known to use starvation combined with prolonged lactation as a form of birth control.

I can't comment on obesity being linked to reproductive problems either, however there is one bit of information that might be considered here. Adipose tissue (i.e. fat) has a role in production of estrogen, a "female" sex hormone. This is why obesity is a risk factor in breast cancer. Higher estrogen levels maintained for extended periods of time are believed to play a role in breast cancer. So obese individuals will have higher levels of estrogen.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 09:45 pm
Montana: Here is a site that has some interesting info regarding PMS. You'll have to wade through to get to the PMS part of the site though.

PMS & More
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 10:36 pm
Thanks Caprice ;-)
0 Replies

kjvtrue

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 10:00 pm
caprice wrote:
Portal Star wrote:

I can't comment on obesity being linked to reproductive problems either, however there is one bit of information that might be considered here. Adipose tissue (i.e. fat) has a role in production of estrogen, a "female" sex hormone. This is why obesity is a risk factor in breast cancer. Higher estrogen levels maintained for extended periods of time are believed to play a role in breast cancer. So obese individuals will have higher levels of estrogen.
Dose fat produce that Male Hormone (that starts with a t, I don't know how to spell it) (testausterone)?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 10:07 pm
Testosterone is the hormone you are talking about. Females have some testosterone too.
0 Replies

kjvtrue

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 10:46 pm
Can having to much Natural Testosterone, stop my Period?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 11:27 pm
Yes and it makes your boobs get very hairy ;-)
0 Replies

kjvtrue

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 06:10 am
Montana wrote:
Yes and it makes your boobs get very hairy ;-)
"You and Slappy would make a great couple!" :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 03:24 pm
That's what people have said.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 06:13 pm
Ahh, I wouldn't take Slappy at face value, kjv...
0 Replies