PMS

dlowan

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 04:27 am
So, what OTHER use is there for a chaste berry?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 07:30 am
Caprice
Thanks very much. I'll look into that. Actually, I did try the Pamprin PMS pills and they work pretty good. Looks like I won't be shoveling after all and will be trapped inside all day. It started snowing again and the wind is blowing the snow everywhere, so it looks like I'll tackle it tomorrow.

#$%@*&% snow!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 09:03 am
hiya montana, i do feel your pain. i get terribly depressed and teary those days of the month, rather than irritable and angry, which i would maybe even prefer. BUT! what helps me, tremendously is this chinese herbal tea that I found in Super88 (chinese supermarket chain). It's called 'the ladies' comfort tea', haha, but if you can't find it it includes chinese angelica root, ziziphus spinosa and some green tea leaves. it is mildly diuretic and you feel a relieve in the belly area within ten minutes. one of those two herbs has to be the trick, i wouldn't know, found it by pure chance.
autohypnosis is a good way to discipline your mood swings. there is a book by frank caprio and joseph berger, with sets of exercises on relaxation and mind 'programming'. works for me, for other things as well. and vigorous exercise, best of the best. try kickboxing or something where you can chanel the anger into without harming anyone ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 11:56 am
Dag
Thanks for your thoughtful ideas and I surely will look into it. I'm sure shoveling this @#$%^&* snow tomorrow will also help me vent a bit, lol ;-)
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 03:41 pm
dlowan

Well, I'd heard that it helps with irregular menstruation and possibly heavy bleeding, both of which I suffer from. But I'm on a form of HRT (no estrogen type compounds though) and I'm not sure if there would be an interaction, so I'm holding off for the time being until I consult my gynecologist.

Does that answer your Q? Smile
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 04:07 pm
Lol - I was joking!
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 05:02 pm
Anyone here ever try Progesta-Care for women?

It has natural progesterone, evening primrose oil, natural super vitamin E, chamomile extract, sunflower seed oil, Siberian ginseng, burdock root, grape seed extract.

I got some today and am hoping it will help.

I heard that most pain (about 95%) is due to swelling of some kind of another, which leads me to think that the diuretic mentioned above is probably a very good idea--and to cut out salt which promotes water retention.

"Oh the pain, the pain."
--Dr. Zachary Smith from Lost in Space
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 05:13 pm
Key Ingredients:

Natural Progesterone (USP)
-Helps balance hormone levels
-Reduces estrogen dominance
Tocotrienols (Natural Super Vitamin E)
-Powerful anti-oxidant
Primrose Oil
-Helps reduce PMS symptoms
Aloe Vera
-Soothing skin softener
MSM (Methyl Sulfonyl Methane)
-Stimulates the immune system
Grape Seed Extract
-Powerful anti-oxidant
Complete formula:
Deionized Water, Aloe Vera Gel, Sunflower Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Natural Glycerin, Shea Butter, Stearic Acid, Natural Progesterone USP, Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth-20, Isopropyl Palmitate, Stearyl Alcohol, Flavonoids (Extract of Artichoke, Extract of Sarsaparilla), Methylsulfonylmethane, Lecithin, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, PhytoPro™ (Natural Super Phytoestrogen), Red Clover Tops Extract, Chasteberry Extract, Dong Quai Root Extract, Saw Palmetto, Tocotrienols (Natural Super Vitamin E), Xanthan Gum, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Allantoin, Potassium Sorbate, Oil of Rosemary, Triethanolamine, Tea Tree Oil, Sorbic Acid, Grape Seed Extract.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 05:18 pm
I see my previous post was removed. Geesh, it wasn't that bad was it?

I mean, Gus can talk about porky fingers and all....
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 05:47 pm
Ummmmm . . .
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 05:48 pm
So, what?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 06:04 pm
Montana...

feel for ya gal..there was a time when I was younger that I had PMS but, now I just get irritated when Im ovulating...odd but, better than PMS thats for sure.

Iwent through hell and high water to find the right thing...and it was alot of trial and error.

My docs..cut the caffeine, get enough sleep, exercise, etc etc
My friends...get Motrin high doses, just let it out, go with it it works wonders
Eventually with premesin...I spelled that wrong i know but, its like Midol however, it worked, and it didnt take it away completely but, it did lessen it. About a year later..all was well and good and now I just bop someone if they even suggest Im only a strong woman due to PMS...they have NO IDEA.

Wink

anyway...I would seriously talk to your doctor and I would think the IUD would be a good place to start. Our bodies change as we age so, you just never know what will help each person...
HUGS
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 10:59 pm
Thanks guys. Just talking about it with people who understand make it easier. Before I had my son I never remember having PMS, but I did go through severe cramping for one day. I would be in so much pain that I would be in tears and litterally had to take the day off from work. After I had my son the cramping isn't that bad, but I'm affected with the PMS and heavy bleeding. I did talk to my doctor about the bleeding last year and I think he told me to take vitamin E, but I'm not sure. Jeeez, you'd think I'd remember these things. I'll be making an appointment with Doc when I get back from Boston, so we'll see what he has to say about the PMS as well.

Thanks for all your advice :-)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 11:02 am
Montana, some women I know swear by a little marijuana to alleviate this. No joke. Here in California you can actually get a medical marijuana prescription and ID card for such a problem.
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 11:42 am
In the "every cloud has a silver lining" department,
while I may get moody and easily irritated for a week or so, it's also the time I cannot get enough you know what... :wink: Anyone else experience this?
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 12:25 pm
dupre wrote:
Key Ingredients:

Natural Progesterone (USP)
-Helps balance hormone levels
-Reduces estrogen dominance
Tocotrienols (Natural Super Vitamin E)
-Powerful anti-oxidant
Primrose Oil
-Helps reduce PMS symptoms
Aloe Vera
-Soothing skin softener
MSM (Methyl Sulfonyl Methane)
-Stimulates the immune system
Grape Seed Extract
-Powerful anti-oxidant
Complete formula:
Deionized Water, Aloe Vera Gel, Sunflower Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Natural Glycerin, Shea Butter, Stearic Acid, Natural Progesterone USP, Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth-20, Isopropyl Palmitate, Stearyl Alcohol, Flavonoids (Extract of Artichoke, Extract of Sarsaparilla), Methylsulfonylmethane, Lecithin, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, PhytoPro™ (Natural Super Phytoestrogen), Red Clover Tops Extract, Chasteberry Extract, Dong Quai Root Extract, Saw Palmetto, Tocotrienols (Natural Super Vitamin E), Xanthan Gum, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Allantoin, Potassium Sorbate, Oil of Rosemary, Triethanolamine, Tea Tree Oil, Sorbic Acid, Grape Seed Extract.

I'm a big fan of Alovera, allantoin, and grape seed extract on my skin. Never tried in my mouth Smile. Let us know if it does your body good.

I'm a fan of using a heating pad/taking a hot bath or shower, and getting exercise, plus a little (what's that pms pain reliever called?)
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 03:36 pm
Portal Star, actually it's a cream that is absorbed into the body through the skin, bypassing the liver. Supposedly, it is more effective.

I have my doubts and wonder if I didn't get taken.

Anyway, it makes a nice hand lotion.

I pcik up an Eckerd's brand of PMS relief today: Maximum Strength Menstrual Relief. It has acetaminophen 500mg, caffeine as a diuretic 60 mg, and pyrilamine maleate 15 mg as a "menstrual sympton reliever." Two pills every 6 hours. I'm getting ready to take dosage no. 2.

I hope it works. I'm in real pain here. A hot bath last night did work well, albeit very temporarily.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 03:37 pm
Have any of you ever tried what I suggested in my previous post?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 04:38 pm
Yep, I have, it made me throw up and pass out. I guess that's one way to get through PMS.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 05:54 pm
Lightweight! Smile
0 Replies