Obama calls for permanent ban on assault rifles

Dmizer

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 12:30 pm
@Silverchild79,
Originally stated by Pinochet73
Assault rifles are close-quarter, 'fire-hose'-type weapons. They're excellent for home defense. The only thing better is the shotgun. If an intruder crashes your pad at night, in pitch darkness, you won't have time or visual acuity to aim. The spray-gun option is most appropriate.

Given what I know about assault rifles (not much), the bullets tend to travel much further then shotgun pellets. If you spray the bullets with an AK-47 in your own house you will probably kill your next door neighbor. With a shotgun you don't have to worry. But who cares about innocent lives and common sense, as long as you get to protect your constitutional rights.

I see the need for handguns (self protection and hunting)
I see the need for rifles (hunting)
I see no need for Assault rifles.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Thats fine with me, so lets make it mandatory that IQ tests and psych evaluations are required to own them. That shouldn't be a problem for anyone right?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 12:42 pm
@Dmizer,
Dmizer;27082 wrote:
Assault rifles are close-quarter, 'fire-hose'-type weapons. They're excellent for home defense. The only thing better is the shotgun. If an intruder crashes your pad at night, in pitch darkness, you won't have time or visual acuity to aim. The spray-gun option is most appropriate.

Given what I know about assault rifles (not much), the bullets tend to travel much further then shotgun pellets. If you spray the bullets with an AK-47 in your own house you will probably kill your next door neighbor. With a shotgun you don't have to worry. But who cares about innocent lives and common sense, as long as you get to protect your constitutional rights.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Thats fine with me, so lets make it mandatory that IQ tests and psych evaluations are required to own them. That shouldn't be a problem for anyone right?

that seems fair enough to me :thumbup: dont know if pino,will pass the psych evaluation :eek:
92b16vx

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 01:26 pm
@Dmizer,
Dmizer;27082 wrote:

I can hand a gun to a rocket scientist, if he has never held one before, he could shoot himself in the foot, and still make a billion on an IQ test. Also a "psych" test is too arbitrary, considering the wide variety backgrounds people in this country are from. Firearms qualification test are good for people that want to carry, but shouldn't nescessarily be required for someone that just wants to have a shotgun around the house.

As it stands there are plenty of laws that are designed to keep guns out of criminals, and mentally incompetent peoples hands, the problem is that they are only lightly, if at all, enforced. I mean anyone can lie on an application, without the resources to verify the information it is pointless. On the application to purchase a title 1 firearm, handgun, shotgun, rifle, there are questions such as "have you ever been convicted of a felony" Or "have you ever been found to be mentally incompetent, and ordered to a mental institution", they even ask if you are addicted to any controlled substances. There is no central database for most of this information, so as long as you make it through NICS, you're good to go.

Pino does not represent anyone but himself in his "spray and pray" philosophy. Most responsible gun owners are NOT going to reach for an AK for home defense.

As far as "seeing the need" for assault rifles, that is irrelevent. Some people do hunt with htem, some people collect them because they like them, and there's even a few that collect them for investment purposes, need doesn't really matter, they want them.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 03:39 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;27084 wrote:
that seems fair enough to me :thumbup: dont know if pino,will pass the psych evaluation :eek:

If it's crafted and administered by Commies, then no -- I'd definitely fail it.

What a lame-brain idea -- psych-testing to own guns. NO!!!!!! Government can't be granted absolute power over its citizenry. The People must retain the means to actively and competently resist tyranny. THAT'S WHY WE HAVE THE SECOND AMENDMENT. Death to tyrants. Fight, America. FIGHT FOR YOUR FREEDOM!!!!!!!!:headbang:
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 09:44 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;27127 wrote:
If it's crafted and administered by Commies, then no -- I'd definitely fail it.

What a lame-brain idea -- psych-testing to own guns. NO!!!!!! Government can't be granted absolute power over its citizenry. The People must retain the means to actively and competently resist tyranny. THAT'S WHY WE HAVE THE SECOND AMENDMENT. Death to tyrants. Fight, America. FIGHT FOR YOUR FREEDOM!!!!!!!!:headbang:

those dirty commies again pino :eek:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 01:17 pm
@Dmizer,
Dmizer;27082 wrote:

The appellation 'assault-rifle' can be misleading. Many are semi-automatic, such as the SKS and Romac 9. That means, they have the exact same firepower capacity as semi-automatic hunting rifles, which no one complains about. Most people imagine fully automatic weapons, e.g., machineguns, when they hear the term, 'assault-rifles'.
92b16vx

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 01:52 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;27244 wrote:
The appellation 'assault-rifle' can be misleading. Many are semi-automatic, such as the SKS and Romac 9. That means, they have the exact same firepower capacity as semi-automatic hunting rifles, which no one complains about. Most people imagine fully automatic weapons, e.g., machineguns, when they hear the term, 'assault-rifles'.

Exactly. People think they are banning machine guns, like full auto tec 9's, but the reality, it is not. Most people do not have a clue that those types of weapons are 1) very rarely used in crime, 2) regulated by the Treasury under the 1934 NFA, and not effect by such limp attempts a liberal lipservice.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 06:22 pm
@Silverchild79,
I'm the proud owner of two assault-rifles, both semi-autoloaders. Don't have any desire to own machineguns. None.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 04:31 pm
@Silverchild79,
Muslim, schmuslim. The old argument still stands true, if you ban weapons from law biding citizens the only ones that will have guns are the criminals.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 04:35 pm
@Silverchild79,
Zackly.
0 Replies

IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 05:28 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;26919 wrote:
Assault rifles are close-quarter, 'fire-hose'-type weapons. They're excellent for home defense. The only thing better is the shotgun. If an intruder crashes your pad at night, in pitch darkness, you won't have time or visual acuity to aim. The spray-gun option is most appropriate.:headbang:

Wow. No way. I actually half agree with you on the shot gun part. But still asault rifles are not nessicary at all. I dont think pistols are either. You dont use either of those for hunting. You use them to shoot other people. Or people who are robbing your house (which is a good reason to shoot) but most of the time they have pistols to shoot you with to :wtf:
Its all pretty crazy.
IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 05:32 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;26921 wrote:
You damned right they are. I know. I got a whole pastle of them in my family, up in Colorado. Way down deep......and I mean deep.....they are Marxists. They don't realize it because they're too damned lazy to actually study anything, so they don't know Marx that well. I have, I do, and I can recognize it in them, just as plainly as I can watch myself pee. And guess what else? YOU ARE A MARXIST, SCOOBY. You're going to squeel like a hog when the Muslims take over Scotland and lay the lash of Islamic law on your commie hyde. Then, and only then, will you lament having betrayed your ancestral, European, Christian tribe. :no:

PS: And there I'll be, laughing my arse off, across the valley, on an adjacent hillcrest, hosing down Muslim terrorists with my ALMIGHTY ASSAULT RIFLE. HA, HA, HA, HA, HA!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE WEAK, SCOOB. YOU ARE WEAK.

DAMNED RIGHT!!!! ALL LIBERALS CAN GO TO HELL BECAUSE THEY DONT AGREE WITH YOUR DOG MINDED VIEWS ON EVERYTHING!!!!

P.S. Isnt it hard watching yourself pee when you pee sitting down?
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 06:43 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY!;27400 wrote:
Wow. No way. I actually half agree with you on the shot gun part. But still asault rifles are not nessicary at all. I dont think pistols are either. You dont use either of those for hunting. You use them to shoot other people. Or people who are robbing your house (which is a good reason to shoot) but most of the time they have pistols to shoot you with to :wtf:
Its all pretty crazy.

Semi-automatics are all the same -- one shot per trigger-squeeze. You're still thinking in terms of machineguns, which are automatics. A semi-automatic hunting rifle is just as dangerous as a semi-automatic 'assault-rifle'.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 06:45 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY!;27402 wrote:
DAMNED RIGHT!!!! ALL LIBERALS CAN GO TO HELL BECAUSE THEY DONT AGREE WITH YOUR DOG MINDED VIEWS ON EVERYTHING!!!!

P.S. Isnt it hard watching yourself pee when you pee sitting down?

Weirdo.:lame:
IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 07:12 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;27406 wrote:
Weirdo.:lame:

Im just translating what your saying into simpler terms because it is what your saying right? All liberals are markists?
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 07:21 pm
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY!;27411 wrote:
Im just translating what your saying into simpler terms because it is what your saying right? All liberals are markists?

Get your hand out of my pocket, Karl.:disgust:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 07:43 am
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY!;27411 wrote:
I think your translating it so the other grade schoolers can understand it?
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 08:19 am
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
Its all pretty crazy.

Lamborghinis, HUMVEEs, Aston Martins, Rolexs...all "not nescessary", good thing we live in a free country, please take your nanny state, BS somewhere else.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 10:16 am
@IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY,
Its all pretty crazy.

You use them to protect yourself from the bad guys.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 10:21 am
@Silverchild79,
I own guns to be able to fight against COMMUNIST GOVERNANCE, which I see as the ultimate objective of American liberals.