Obama calls for permanent ban on assault rifles

Drnaline

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 11:58 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;26764 wrote:
so ALL muslims follow the faith of their father ? dont you think there are muslims,who like me are now athiests/agnostics,or have converted to another faith like christianity ?
I suppose so but they are doomed just like us infidels. As soon as there found, they are dead. I think they would consider it an Honor killing.
92b16vx

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 02:34 pm
@Silverchild79,
Obama is a typically dogmatic democrat. He should be calling to a ban of all violent rap music if he really wanted to make a difference, of course then violent criminals/drug dealas on 22"s, and the rappers supported by them would cry because THEIR rights were taken away.
briansol

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 03:42 pm
@Silverchild79,
while i support the right to bear arms... i really don't see it necessary for any non-military citizen to own an assault riffle.

i mean, you can't hunt with it (well, you can, if you like swiss cheese style deer), its impractical for home protection... its only real use is killing the taliban IMO
92b16vx

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 04:07 pm
@briansol,
briansol;26786 wrote:
while i support the right to bear arms... i really don't see it necessary for any non-military citizen to own an assault riffle.

i mean, you can't hunt with it (well, you can, if you like swiss cheese style deer), its impractical for home protection... its only real use is killing the taliban IMO

"Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Militia

1 a : a part of the organized armed forces of a country liable to call only in emergency b : a body of citizens organized for military service
2 : the whole body of able-bodied male citizens declared by law as being subject to call to military service

I'd say that citizens owning assault type weapons is constitutional in the event that we need to come to arms to defend ourselves, and country.

The whole problem with "assault weapons" is that the lipservice does nothing to quill weapon ownership of CRIMINALS. it only serves to disarm lawabiding citizens. Mao, Hitler, and Stalin all agreed, citizens should not be armed.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 04:17 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;26725 wrote:
whats weird about it pino ?

Inner-contradictions. How can a Black nationalist be a Marxist, too? Doesn't fit.:no:
rugonnacry

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 09:11 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;26764 wrote:
so ALL muslims follow the faith of their father ? dont you think there are muslims,who like me are now athiests/agnostics,or have converted to another faith like christianity ?

More Personal Information on Scooby doo Finally Smile
oleo

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 09:36 pm
@Silverchild79,

Do you live in the inner city?

I'm not in favor of hand gun laws... guns don't kill people, bullets do.
I mean, people do.

But Jesus... if a 9mm with an extended clip doesn't do enough to protect
your family... I mean, with 30 rounds in a semi-auto pistol... are you
planning on fighting off zombies or something?

I know a case can be made for having to fight off our own government
someday (I'm praying we make it to the next inauguration day without
that being the case) but at the moment there's some G's spraying lead
and cops are getting massacred, not to mention anybody else who happens
to be in the area.

What about a temporary ban in some cities?
oleo

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 09:38 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;26784 wrote:
Obama is a typically dogmatic democrat. He should be calling to a ban of all violent rap music if he really wanted to make a difference, of course then violent criminals/drug dealas on 22"s, and the rappers supported by them would cry because THEIR rights were taken away.

yes, yes... they made this point about Elvis. If only anyone had listened we
wouldn't be in this spot today!
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 09:46 pm
@oleo,
oleo;26840 wrote:

What about a temporary ban in some cities?

I am going to ask this again, you seemed to have missed it last time.

How is passing a law banning handguns, assault rifles, whatever, going to keep criminals from using them? They are CRIMINALS, they do not care if there is a law saying they can't carry a gun. I mean give me a break, Virginia Tech was a "Gun Free Zone", did that stop ol' boy from shooting people there? Nope. Restrictive guns laws ONLY effect people that obey the law in the first place.
oleo

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 10:03 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;26842 wrote:
I am going to ask this again, you seemed to have missed it last time.

How is passing a law banning handguns, assault rifles, whatever, going to keep criminals from using them? They are CRIMINALS, they do not care if there is a law saying they can't carry a gun. I mean give me a break, Virginia Tech was a "Gun Free Zone", did that stop ol' boy from shooting people there? Nope. Restrictive guns laws ONLY effect people that obey the law in the first place.

Funny, I just used that line in another thread. The only people who tough
laws hurt are people who obey laws.

Okay, you win. Actually, people just die... from gunshots, drunk driving
accidents, abortions, overdoses... Why any of it should be singled out as
bad and campaigned against doesn't make that much sense. There has to
be death, or there wouldn't be death. Live with it all.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 12:06 am
@Silverchild79,
YouTube - 1/2 Hour News Hour - "Gun Free Zone"

lol, silly dems.
oleo

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 01:14 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;26853 wrote:

dude, there's got to be funnier sources of republican humor than that... come on.

co-op South Park if you have to, they blast everyone.
oleo

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 01:24 am
@Drnaline,
maybe this?

The History of America and The NRA
92b16vx

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 01:54 am
@oleo,
oleo;26855 wrote:

Haha, I like that one, what can you say, we are a gun culture, that has a racist past.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 07:26 am
@oleo,
oleo;26854 wrote:
dude, there's got to be funnier sources of republican humor than that... come on.

co-op South Park if you have to, they blast everyone.
It's usually only funny to repugs, maybe that's why you don't find it funny.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 08:19 am
@Silverchild79,
I thought it was funny, I have to agree with Drnaline. I read a review by a liberal saying that not even conservatives would like it. I watched it and thought WTF was that guy talking about?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 08:24 am
@Drnaline,
Obama is a pretty-boy liberal and nothing more. He brings nothing new to American politics. I'm tired of him already.:no:
Drnaline

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 08:44 am
@Silverchild79,
What do you base your opinion on? Some atheists?
Not just one muslims, i have read in other place but i don't have a link. The person i talked too was rathre devout, and to my knowledge was truthful. I would not expect him to lie. Should I?
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 09:11 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;26789 wrote:
Inner-contradictions. How can a Black nationalist be a Marxist, too? Doesn't fit.:no:

behave yourself pino,obama isnt a marxist :wtf:
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 09:12 am
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;26838 wrote:
More Personal Information on Scooby doo Finally Smile

what personal information is that ?
0 Replies