If only Clinton had been a Republican

Brent cv

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 06:25 pm
@Lasombra,
Lasombra wrote:
How did you come to that conclusion?

Inflation do to the value of the dollar going down, the increase in the national debt. Budgets that call for more global spending. The realization that kids today will have no social security to leave off of.

I guess you are under the impression that the government can just create money when it needs it and there will be no negative effect.
Brent cv

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 06:26 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
I'll need something a little more then hearsay or opinion.

Hersay? Remember that big post you never responded to? Read it. Points out many instances of you turning around and finding a democrat that did the same thing if someone finds something wrong with Bush.
Lasombra

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 06:27 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
You were fighting established countries. We are fighting terrorism globally. It is a never ending war that will continue to see money dumped into it.

Bad example.

So you're saying that you would rather *not* fight a war on terrorism, just because it costs a lot of money?

We fought Germany, and Japan because they represented an ideal that was abhorant and evil in this world and should have been removed from the face of the Earth.

I'd say Global Terrorism is just as abhorrant and evil. It would be immoral to fight a war based soley on if the cost benefit analysis comes up roses.
Brent cv

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 06:28 pm
@Lasombra,
Lasombra wrote:
You know... you're right. Clinton gave us an Exit Strategy to get out of Kosovo.

Bush didn't.

What is Bush's exit strategy for Iraq? Do not see one. Please. Clinton sucked it up in his 8 years. I do not like Clinton. Stop telling me about Clinton. Bush is in office now and he is doing no better. We are stuck in Iraq with no progress being made toward getting our soldiers out.
Brent cv

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 06:28 pm
@Lasombra,
Lasombra wrote:
So you're saying that you would rather *not* fight a war on terrorism, just because it costs a lot of money?

We fought Germany, and Japan because they represented an ideal that was abhorant and evil in this world and should have been removed from the face of the Earth.

I'd say Global Terrorism is just as abhorrant and evil. It would be immoral to fight a war based soley on if the cost benefit analysis comes up roses.

I am saying that we can not fight Global Terrorism, Iraq and Iran at the same time and have just a damn peachy economy :no:
Lasombra

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 06:37 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
Inflation do to the value of the dollar going down, the increase in the national debt. Budgets that call for more global spending. The realization that kids today will have no social security to leave off of.

I guess you are under the impression that the government can just create money when it needs it and there will be no negative effect.

The national debt is smaller than it has been in decades when you take into account the size of our budget.

Here, I'll use simple math for you:

Say the US budget is $1000, and the debt is $250. That figures a debt of 25% of the budget.

Now... Say the US Budget goes out the window and is now $10,000 and the debt QUADRUPLES to a wopping $1000. OH MY GOD! Stop the Presses! The Debt is through the roof! But in reality, the debt represents what percent of the budget?

As for Social Security, why do you want the Government that you seem to take a great disdain to coddle you in later life?

More importantly, why do you think it's a good thing for the Government to have your money? How much money do you feel comfortable just giving away to the government knowing that you will never see it again.

Oh, and WTF is "Global Spending"?

None of this explains how you came to the conclusion that we will loose a war in Iran.
0 Replies

Lasombra

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 06:41 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
What is Bush's exit strategy for Iraq? Do not see one. Please. Clinton sucked it up in his 8 years. I do not like Clinton. Stop telling me about Clinton. Bush is in office now and he is doing no better. We are stuck in Iraq with no progress being made toward getting our soldiers out.

The only reason I brought that up was to point out that even though Clinton had an exit strategy, we are still in Kosovo.

You want me to stop talking about Clinton, yet the title of the thread has his name in it.... Go figure.

Apparently you haven't been reading the status reports coming out of Iraq.

January-April

Too Bad... you'd be more informed and wouldn't have to rely on talking points to make your case.
Lasombra

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 06:42 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
I am saying that we can not fight Global Terrorism, Iraq and Iran at the same time and have just a damn peachy economy :no:

Yet every indication is saying that yes we can.:p
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 06:56 pm
@Drnaline,
What is the point of debating what might have happened in 2004?

Does anybody here really think Kerry would have us in any better of a position than we are now?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 07:01 pm
@Lasombra,
I'd like to have a dollar for every time someone defending Bush referred to Clinton as a defense.lol.

Bush is a lame duck and there is no connection to Clinton. Though Bush would still be president if his approval rating was 1%, that isn't the point. Bush is a big problem for his party in an election year. Congress is in a dead-lock on just about every issue it is reviewing. Bush can't get anything passed.
That shows that his leadership sucks.

His failure in Iraq shows poor judgement as well as a lack of planning. Now he can't figure out a way to get out of Iraq. He said he would leave that to future Presidents.:wtf:

That means he doesn't have an exit strategy. Pass the buck Bush.

That's a hell of a lot to be proud of.
Lasombra

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 07:05 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed wrote:
I'd like to have a dollar for every time someone defending Bush referred to Clinton as a defense.lol.

To defend Bush, would require that you mount a cogent argument, let alone an attack.

So far I haven't seen anything but for talking points and strawmen.

Perhaps if you tried a little harder, I might take you a little more seriously.
Brent cv

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 07:46 pm
@Lasombra,
Lasombra wrote:
The only reason I brought that up was to point out that even though Clinton had an exit strategy, we are still in Kosovo.

Kosovo is not an Iraq where our soldiers continue to be killed in alarming numbers EVERYDAY!

Quote:

You want me to stop talking about Clinton, yet the title of the thread has his name in it.... Go figure.

Go figure that the subject of this thread has gone way off track of what we are talking about now. Bush now.

Quote:
Apparently you haven't been reading the status reports coming out of Iraq.

January-April

Too Bad... you'd be more informed and wouldn't have to rely on talking points to make your case.

I am sorry but as long as our soldiers continue to be killed in Iraq everyday there is noway we can leave Iraq and it not fall into the same **** hole country it was before we went in :beat:
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 07:47 pm
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:

Does anybody here really think Kerry would have us in any better of a position than we are now?

You know I do not think so. There is no point. Just like there is no point for Drnaline to go back 8 years and show us all that even though Bush sucks, Clinton did the same thing too :beat:
ndjs

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 07:52 pm
@Drnaline,
So stop bitching about the past? :dunno:

I dunno, just a thought. Smile
Brent cv

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 07:54 pm
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
So stop bitching about the past? :dunno:

I dunno, just a thought. Smile

I am all for it
tumbleweed cv

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 05:16 am
@Lasombra,
Lasombra wrote:
To defend Bush, would require that you mount a cogent argument, let alone an attack.

So far I haven't seen anything but for talking points and strawmen.

Perhaps if you tried a little harder, I might take you a little more seriously.

All I have heard is the same old Republican BS. I'm not trying to convince anyone. I'm pointing out the facts.
Drnaline

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 04:48 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
Of course it is left leaning. That is how you want it to be. While I never said they were accurate it is pretty common knowledge that people are tired of Bush and his Adminstration. You just do not care to accept it.
"of course" I thought they were supposed to be imparshall? And for not thinking they are accurate you sure rely on them alot. And it is you that is tired, why should i accept when you are the one tired?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 04:53 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
You were fighting established countries. We are fighting terrorism globally. It is a never ending war that will continue to see money dumped into it.

Bad example.
We are fighting established countrys now, what do you call Iraq and Afganistan and probably soon Iran? We were fighting Facism globally back then, remember? I think that is why they called it a world war.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 05:03 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
Hersay? Remember that big post you never responded to? Read it. Points out many instances of you turning around and finding a democrat that did the same thing if someone finds something wrong with Bush.
Can you give me a better clue, like a post number? I have quite a few big posts. And it would be nice if you quote me so all may know which ones you find offencive and the particular instances. And i still fail to see why it is okay for you to find things wrong with bush but i am not allowed to point out a like situation and use the responces of the time to show how biased some people are. Yes I am biased but IMO none more so then you.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 05:15 pm
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:

I happen to think exactly the opposite, I think Kerry would of let the attacks happen and then tried to talk them into submission.
0 Replies