If only Clinton had been a Republican

Brent cv

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:50 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
I don't have to want or accept any of this theory of what might of happened. I know what did happen. We won.

No one is asking you to accept it. It's not like it matters if you accept it or not. If President Clinton can be impeached in the House and still leave office with a higher approval rating than Bush has now (read double approval rating) common sense takes care of the rest.
Brent cv

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:53 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
Defending the winning side is lots of fun. And i think i do it very well. I don't like being an "also ran". or second place is the first loser.

I think I have already pointed out that you accept that Bush has made tons of mistakes, yet you do not wish to place the blame directly on him, but instead want to find a Democrat that made the same mistake too and point it out.

Goes to prove that you are a party favorite and do not wish to see the other party exist even though the current party is just as bad.
Lasombra

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:53 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
Sadly I agree with you. Had Clinton, Dick Gephardy, hell... even Howard Dean been put in Kerry's position Bush would not be in office right now. It was simply a horrible choice in 2004.

Clinton would have tore Bush apart in 04 just because he can speak so well.

Apparently you are quite good at misunderestimating the President.
Lasombra

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:54 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
I will defend Bush when it warrants it. Only thing is I will critize him when it warrants it too. Not just point out other people suck like him too Smile

Will you defend him for his handling of our economy?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:55 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
Defending the winning side is lots of fun. And i think i do it very well. I don't like being an "also ran". or second place is the first loser.

Slight correction.

The only thing Bush has won would be the election.

If you think you are defending Bush very well you might be kidding yourself.
As long as you're convinced is all that matters I suppose. I think it is a weak arguement at best.Very Happy
Brent cv

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:55 pm
@Lasombra,
Lasombra wrote:
Will you defend him for his handling of our economy?

What would you like me to defend exactly? There are many factors that put the economy in the place it is now. 9/11 being the biggest one.

However these wars are not helping and the growing tensions in Iran do not either.
Brent cv

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:56 pm
@Lasombra,
Lasombra wrote:
Apparently you are quite good at misunderestimating the President.

What do I not understand? Please tell me.
0 Replies

Lasombra

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:56 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
*Yawn* It's ok if you don't want to accept it and believe Bush was unbeatable :rolleyes:

Yet he's 2-0 in General Elections.

Go figure?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:59 pm
@Lasombra,
Lasombra wrote:

Go figure?

He won the electoral vote, not the popular vote.Very Happy

Not exactly a mandate for business as usual.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:59 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
I will defend Bush when it warrants it. Only thing is I will critize him when it warrants it too. Not just point out other people suck like him too Smile
That's you, not me. I disagree with him on lots of things, I just may of not said anything on this forum.
Brent cv

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 06:01 pm
@Lasombra,
Lasombra wrote:

Go figure?

So was Clinton. Point?
Lasombra

@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
What would you like me to defend exactly? There are many factors that put the economy in the place it is now. 9/11 being the biggest one.

However these wars are not helping and the growing tensions in Iran do not either.

Well.. lets see, the lowest unemployment rate since the 60's? Statistically, we're at full employment. Then there's the fact that our current debt to income ratio is the lowest in many decades. People earn more now, then ever before. Entry level jobs pay more now than ever before.More people own their own home now than in any point in time. We haven't had a recession since the president was in office.

All of this is possible because of the Bush Economic Plan.

I could go on, but I'd like to see if you have the testacular fortitude to say that all of these things are a good thing.
Drnaline

@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
No one is asking you to accept it. It's not like it matters if you accept it or not. If President Clinton can be impeached in the House and still leave office with a higher approval rating than Bush has now (read double approval rating) common sense takes care of the rest.
That only goes to prove that the general public was simpathetic to a liar, adulterer.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 06:02 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
That's you, not me. I disagree with him on lots of things, I just may of not said anything on this forum.

Please. You do nothing but turn around and point the blame else where.
0 Replies

Lasombra

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 06:02 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed wrote:
He won the electoral vote, not the popular vote.Very Happy

Not exactly a mandate for business as usual.

He won the popular vote in 2004.

More people voted for him in 2004 for President than did in 2000..... that is the very definition of a mandate for business as usual.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 06:04 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
I think I have already pointed out that you accept that Bush has made tons of mistakes, yet you do not wish to place the blame directly on him, but instead want to find a Democrat that made the same mistake too and point it out.

Goes to prove that you are a party favorite and do not wish to see the other party exist even though the current party is just as bad.
It's called a "Double Standard". Of which not many like to talk about. It's ok it the other party exists. That are a neccisary evil, LOL.
0 Replies

Lasombra

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 06:06 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:

Actually.. the market doesn't care about what is going on in Iraq anymore, any terror fears have allready been built into the market. Yesterday, Iran announced that it finally enriched a thimblefull of uranium, yet I don't see Oil at $100 a barrel.

The market and our economy is going gangbusters.
0 Replies

Lasombra

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 06:07 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
So was Clinton. Point?

Did Clinton ever get a majority of the popular vote?
Drnaline

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 06:07 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed wrote:
Slight correction.

The only thing Bush has won would be the election.

If you think you are defending Bush very well you might be kidding yourself.
As long as you're convinced is all that matters I suppose. I think it is a weak arguement at best.Very Happy
Who is kidding who? Your arguements have a few leaks from what i see. It's ok just so long as your convinced!
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 06:09 pm
@Lasombra,
Lasombra wrote:
He won the popular vote in 2004.

More people voted for him in 2004 for President than did in 2000..... that is the very definition of a mandate for business as usual.

or a shitty running mate. You want to continue going in circles? Just because he got the popular vote in 2004 does not mean every loves him. Obviously at a 34% approval rating people dont.